• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenskye

Ice type is amazing especially in double and triple battles set up with a pokemon that has Snow Warning just Blizzard all day

That's actually untrue it was recently voted as one of the most forgettable Pokemon of first generation that's why I posted this because I did play first generation

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I love Dewgong and Vanillish, although sometimes it feels like noone else likes them very much. I also really like using pokemon who aren't fully evolved, and I feel like not many people do that. I played through my whole X game without evolving my Braixen or Pikachu any further, and sometimes I keep completely un-evolved pokemon the way they are.

phanpycross

God-king
A lot of ice types feel underrated to me, all I ever see is mamoswine and weavile, if goddamn GF could stop making every ice type a bulky wall, and give a special attacking one a decent speed stat, that would be great.

Nightblind249

Funny enough I was just thinking about Exeggutor for a pure grass team. I'd for gotten about him until I looked him up again. Sunflora, Girafarig, Xatu and Natu. Even Sandshrew and Sandslash are the one's that come to mind for me. The clef family also come to mind because I don't see them often.

Pakira

Burning Up
Solrock and Lunatone, I never see them get any love, which is a shame because I love those two. Really unique designs and typings. Unfortunately they're fairly weak with limited movepools, and many people aren't big fans of the mineral/inanimate Pokemon species. It'd be interesting if they got Megas, but I'm doubtful it would happen.

I think Munchlax could use more love. It's weak, as many baby pokemon are, but it's freakin' cute. There's lots of cute pokemon that are weak, and they aren't ever overlooked as much as Munchlax. I have one on my XY team called Chowder. Ah, he reminds me of the good ol' days...

Kazerra

Aurorus needs more love. While it has loads of weaknesses (including 4x weak to Fighting and Steel), Ice and Rock STAB can hit a lot of Pokémon. Rather hilariously, I once swept an OU team in 8 turns after a Rock Polish and striking lucky with an Ancient Power.

KillerDraco

That's actually untrue it was recently voted as one of the most forgettable Pokemon of first generation that's why I posted this because I did play first generation

Voted by who? Most "votes" pertaining to video games come from a small number of people.

Exeggutor was top tier in Gen 1, and hugely popular back then for its competitive merit. But sadly, it's one of the ones that fell from grace dramatically and did not stand the test of time at all. Nowadays it's garbage and is barely used at all outside of Smogon NU. So while it may not be unloved throughout its entire history, it is by today's standards.

Context is important.

Last edited:

Exxthus

Head AlwaysHeld High
Crashes into thread then goes back to lurking

I love them all. Around fourth gen I had at least 1 of each evolved/non-evolving species bred and battle-ready. Obviously I've fallen behind now, but that's still just a few boxes short of a full PC. ayy

Tonguetyd

Someone didnt play first gen...This thing was annoying as hell, explosion and sleep while resisting psychic and still hitting hard with it.

Except in the first gen games, all Exeggutors had a move set consisting of Barrage, Stomp and Hypnosis.
Weirdly enough, this seems to be one of my favorite subjects despite actually really liking Exeggutor.

CBAtoo look through all the 67 pages of this thread, but Voltorb/Electrode. Never seen this outside of the games, or on CC (random pokemon). I remember getting REALLY annoyed when one of these exploded and killed my best Pokemon in a nuzlocke ;~;

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Except in the first gen games, all Exeggutors had a move set consisting of Barrage, Stomp and Hypnosis.
Weirdly enough, this seems to be one of my favorite subjects despite actually really liking Exeggutor.

My friends and I were hardcore at pokemon since elementary stuff like sleep boom exeggutor, twave stoss chansey and sub gengar/starmie where commonly seen on my playground.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Probably Caterpie, Weedle, Shuckle and Magikarp.

Unfortunately not many people use Butterfree or Beedrill either. But I think that's gonna change when Beedrill gets a mega evolution.

Wait, the games are out tomorrow, so the waiting isn't much longer.

Anyway, Shuckle has INSANE defense and special defense, there are extremely few Pokémon out there who have over 215 in a single stat.

Gorebyss doesn't get nearly enough love. I really love the design of it and I will admit its my favorite third gen water type aside from Milotic. Grumpig gets over looked a lot too. So does Armaldo. I also really like Whiscash's design and I tried to use one on a team once but its just too weak. :( Whiscash deserves a mega evolution. Octillery needs more love just because its got an assume exclusive move. Porygon2 also doesn't seem to be noticed much. Oh and of course Dunsparce, he really needs an evolution already.

Smuggers

Alright Guy
Porygon2 also doesn't seem to be noticed much.
I think he's quite popular. He's a huge pain with Eviolite, and being a non-fully evolved Pokemon that does well in battle makes you pretty memorable.

I see people mentioning Dunsparce here and there. He seems to be pretty well liked. More than you'd think at least, I mean he's pretty worthless but there's still lots of people saying they love Dunsparce and asking for a mega evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.