• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicornhiccup

bye cruel people
I love stantler and ludicolo tbh. I've only seem ludicolo be used once in online battles, and stantler zero times.

Btw shiny heatmore is awesome

fitzy909

Just another guy
What about Heatmor? I don't see a lot of love for that thing. Even I forgot it's name at a point.

Heatmor isn't very good competitively....like at all. Its design is pretty bland and it just seems like dex filler. However, the concept of an anteater evolving to breath fire to eat metal clad ants is a very neat concept, but is secondary to the overall mediocrity of it.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Heatmor isn't very good competitively....like at all. Its design is pretty bland and it just seems like dex filler. However, the concept of an anteater evolving to breath fire to eat metal clad ants is a very neat concept, but is secondary to the overall mediocrity of it.

Even more so, its natural rival, Durant, is much better competitively.

Miyue

I wish Xatu got more love. The concept of it is really interesting, but the Pokemon is often forgotten about among more viable/ "cooler" looking Pokemon.
I always wondered if it had to do with Natu being a pain to get in most generations. Generations 2 and 4, thanks to Gold/Silver and HeartGold/SoulSilver get to skirt that by having Natu appear in the Ruins of Alph. Generation 3 mostly relies on the Safari Zone, and Generation 5 on swarms. Natu and Xatu just aren't seen too often in the wild when compared to other Pokémon.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
A lot of the initial-route Pokemon (and their evolutions) seem to be really neglected. I love Liepard, Mightyena, and Furret, and harbor no dislike for Watchog, Raticate, or others.

Same on the early route Pokémon likes. I really like Mightyena, Furret and Liepard as well as Lilipup, Starly and Fletchling. Hoothoot is okay too.

Echo Nacyl

To those talking about Heatmor, I honestly rather like it. I don't care about its lack of competitive value since I'll raise anything I like whether it's good or not. I also have a certain attachment to it because I love its shiny form, and it was my first shiny in BW.

Ice Lock

Hello!
Audino is one of my favourite pokemon and I think it is one of the cutest pokemon ever made. I have never heard anyone talk about Audino, apart from it being used as a EXP punchbag which I find very sad :(. Competitively I wish it was better, even with it's mega (Why healer GF? Gah! fix it!) and I am pretty tired of seeing mostly chansey being the go to cleric. I might actually consider it in doubles. I am definitely going to breed one and use it anyway in a casual setting.

Last edited:

RunningFurret

Vanilluxe is forgotten a lot, and I wish it would be a lot more popular today, they go to a snot Bear copied by Ursaring, I mean like, who doesn't love a Ice Cream Cone? And it's delicious, flavor of ICE CREAM! But back onto Vanilluxe, I wish they could make it better, like a Mega, but I will always love and cherish the Vanilluxe today, because it should be respected for the Funny, Sleepy, these pieces of cream should be loved like I do, It's #3 on my Favorite Pokemon List, with Noctowl taking #2, remember, this creamy Pokemon is and always, a Pokemon.

sofaturtles

What's a Stantler? - my reaction seeing one in the game after 5 years of not playing.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Vanilluxe is forgotten a lot, and I wish it would be a lot more popular today, they go to a snot Bear copied by Ursaring, I mean like, who doesn't love a Ice Cream Cone? And it's delicious, flavor of ICE CREAM! But back onto Vanilluxe, I wish they could make it better, like a Mega, but I will always love and cherish the Vanilluxe today, because it should be respected for the Funny, Sleepy, these pieces of cream should be loved like I do, It's #3 on my Favorite Pokemon List, with Noctowl taking #2, remember, this creamy Pokemon is and always, a Pokemon.

You shouldn't think of Vanilluxe as delicious, it's a seriously dangerous ice cream that can harm anyone.

Which is exactly why I like it so much.

And it's also great competitively.

I know many people can't take it seriously. But to me a dangerous attacking ice cream is nothing to overlook.

KillerDraco

And it's also great competitively.

Nnnnnno not really. The existence of Stealth Rock, (Mega) Scizor, (Mega) Metagross, etc. means it's really rather average competitively... and calling it average is being generous. Mono ice typing and falling short of the base 80 speed tier does it no favors so it's really quite bottom of the barrel.

That said, the hate it gets for its design is excessive. "It's an ice cream cone". I don't recall anyone raising quite as much of a fuss when Gen 1 introduced a Pokemon that was just a bunch of eggs.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
That said, the hate it gets for its design is excessive. "It's an ice cream cone". I don't recall anyone raising quite as much of a fuss when Gen 1 introduced a Pokemon that was just a bunch of eggs.

And not to mention one of the most popular Pokémon to use is Aegislash. Which is a sword.

When I say "most popular" I mean back when X/Y were new not sure if that's the case anymore.

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
And not to mention one of the most popular Pokémon to use is Aegislash. Which is a sword.

When I say "most popular" I mean back when X/Y were new not sure if that's the case anymore.
kinda popular in vgc, but banned by smogon followed by mega mawile a week later

Spacial

procrastination
Sigilyph is very underrated in competitive standards, mine can successfully hold its own against WiFi OU teams and can sweep them with a combo of Cosmic Power (+Def and +Sp.Def), Roost and Stored Power (stat changes raise power).

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Sigilyph is very underrated in competitive standards, mine can successfully hold its own against WiFi OU teams and can sweep them with a combo of Cosmic Power (+Def and +Sp.Def), Roost and Stored Power (stat changes raise power).

Sigiliph is a good poke, its mainly because the dark type buff and the rise of Knock Off that made it less known. If you can get the perfect opportunity, Sigilyph ruins almost everyone's teams

Status
Not open for further replies.