• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
I love the whole Chespin line design-wise. Chespin is cute as hell, Quilladin makes me smile with his fat and happy attitude, and Chesnaught looks so cool to me. The only line I like entirely from starter to final stage in any generation.

Finally! ;~; A Quilladin accepter-er! Live on and prosper! *i'm weird*

Archen, Sandshrew, Slowpoke, Magcargo, Chimchar, Turtwig and Chespin! :D Everyone loves Froakie and Piplup and I'm getting annoyed. >:C

XXD17

Draco rex
Chesnaught makes it really hard to like him though. I mean...does anyone think that design is not ugly? Chespin was cute, Quilladin is horrible as well. Braixen is weak, while Greninja is a beast is competitive play, it makes sense that he's the most popular one

I agree. I respect chesnaught's design for what it is but IMO it looks like an illegitimate love-child between Bowser and a chipmunk (I even named my competitive chesnaught "Browzer" lol) and I am just not a huge fan of its design...my favorite design is actually delphox...I really love delphox so I'm not too keen on the hate that it's getting despite being lackluster in battle...I think it's design is great...I still like braixen more but delphox is still cool with the mage theme and the wand while still looking fox-like (its sugi really saved its design for me since its game model makes it look kind a awkward)...Greninja's design was weird for me at first (still not a fan of the tongue scarf), but it's excessive promotion inevitably made me grow to like it...

I tend to "like" pokemon based on design first and battling prowess afterwards...for example, my favorite pokemon, serperior, only really got any love recently thanks to contrary...however, I was behind it all the way back in BW when everyone was flocking around samurott (although all three starters were pretty bad anyways)...another example is conkeldurr...it gets a ton of "love" in competitive because of how much of an amazing AV user it is...I use it to death in my main OU team as well...however, it is still probably one of my least favorite pokemon because of its design...

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I just don't like Quilladin's in-game sprite. Its smile looks very creepy to me like it's plotting to slash your throat while you sleep. If/when its sprite changes (which it will in the next Gen) I might like it more.

Phione I believe gets little love because it is difficult to obtain as you need a Ditto and Manaphy. Manaphy has mainly been given out as an event with the Pokemon Ranger games for short amount of times and that is it. We've only had three releases of the Manaphy Egg and unless Game Freak completely blindsides us all and gives us another Ranger game, Manaphy and Phione will be extremely rare. Phione may be quite easily obtainable once you have Manaphy but most people with Manaphy probably won't bother to breed it more than once to get Phione.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Stunfisk and cryoganol. (I think that is how you spell it.) I can't stand either of them. Just never liked their designs. And U.S. They're single stage Pokemon. Could've fixed it in gen 6, which seemed to have added a ton of 2-stage Evo lines.

I'm also not a fan of frogadier. (again, not sure how to spell it) so I kept froakie from evolving u til like level 45, and then it went straight to greninja 2 levels after.

Chespin and quilladin. Why. Chesnaught is pretty cool if I do say so myself.

But I hate their typings. I think chespin's line should've been grass and steel, while froakie's should've been water/fighting. Yes I get a ninja is "dark" and hides in the shadows or whatever, but I think it would've been much better as a water/fighting type. Even though people most likely would've complained about getting a water/fighting type 2 gens in a row

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Aww Masquerain...

Masquerain is a Pokémon I think is hardly used in anything, from in-game to competitive because it lacks in Speed, both Attacks and both Defenses and just another typical Bug-Flying Pokémon that takes half of max HP damage from Stealth Rocks, only used as a Baton Passer and poor public reception, so it is hugely unloved.

XXD17

Draco rex
Stunfisk and cryoganol. (I think that is how you spell it.) I can't stand either of them. Just never liked their designs. And U.S. They're single stage Pokemon. Could've fixed it in gen 6, which seemed to have added a ton of 2-stage Evo lines.

I'm also not a fan of frogadier. (again, not sure how to spell it) so I kept froakie from evolving u til like level 45, and then it went straight to greninja 2 levels after.

Chespin and quilladin. Why. Chesnaught is pretty cool if I do say so myself.

But I hate their typings. I think chespin's line should've been grass and steel, while froakie's should've been water/fighting. Yes I get a ninja is "dark" and hides in the shadows or whatever, but I think it would've been much better as a water/fighting type. Even though people most likely would've complained about getting a water/fighting type 2 gens in a row

Samurott is pure water...

Thepokehustler

PokeHustler
I think its mainly hm slaves, i guess for me it would have to be Linoone :D

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Aww Masquerain...

Masquerain is a Pokémon I think is hardly used in anything, from in-game to competitive because it lacks in Speed, both Attacks and both Defenses and just another typical Bug-Flying Pokémon that takes half of max HP damage from Stealth Rocks, only used as a Baton Passer and poor public reception, so it is hugely unloved.

For what it's worth I used it in all my X, AS, and Gen III playthroughs :)

... and yes I'm aware that amounts to nothing

I don't think Masquerain even functions as a Baton Passer that well, it's only possible use I could think of was a heavy set-up sweeper involving the entire Team revolving around it, which still was mediocre.

... actually I think its only Competetive use is letting Surskit participate in LC, since Surskit in LC is at least decent, while Masquerain in UU is just terrible

but still I love it
and Phione too
its my favourite Legendary

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Samurott is pure water...

It is? Oops... I've never used it. Ever. Always used the Tepig and snivy line

Does anyone else hate hawlucha? I can't stand it. I just hate it's sprite probably but I can't stand it.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It is? Oops... I've never used it. Ever. Always used the Tepig and snivy line

Does anyone else hate hawlucha? I can't stand it. I just hate it's sprite probably but I can't stand it.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Hawlucha.

KillerDraco

Actually Hawlucha gets a decent amount of love. Unique typing, an unexpected catch for Ash in the anime, a lot of people love its lucha libre design/theme, and it's not bad in terms of competitive usage. Not really very unloved at all. It may have haters (what Pokemon doesn't?) but the love seems to exceed the hate, generally speaking.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Actually Hawlucha gets a decent amount of love. Unique typing, an unexpected catch for Ash in the anime, a lot of people love its lucha libre design/theme, and it's not bad in terms of competitive usage. Not really very unloved at all. It may have haters (what Pokemon doesn't?) but the love seems to exceed the hate, generally speaking.

I understand the competitive battling, if I was any good at competitive battling, I would probably use it. And I understand most Pokemon has its lovers and haters. But Ig with hawlucha I'm a hater. Idk what it is about it, but I don't like it very much. Every time I see one I sent in my swoobat to get rid of it. I never liked them. They're just about the only Pokemon in gen 6 I don't like.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Magikarp falls under the category of an unloved Pokemon. Why, you may very well ask? I do not quite know. Although his movepool is quite small, it has pitful stats and it dosen't evolve until Level 20, Magikarp deserves more love. It is a carp, which is a type of fish. Fish are often looked at as a food, and without food we, the entire human population, would become extinct quite quickly. This is only touching on the subject. Magikarp is one of the most commonly found Pokemon in the sea. If there were no more Magikarp then the Pokemon in the sea would likely die, as they would lack prey. With the Water Types now gone, there would no longer be a balance. Now, you may ask yourself this question. What is the main role of Water Types? They handle Fire Types and inhabit the oceans of the Pokemon World. With Water Types gone, the Fire Types would be free to rule the land, being unprecedented. Grass Types would likely cease to exist due to this travesty. The world as we know it would soon be destroyed. I believe that Magikarp is essential to life as we know it.

EeveeFan2

I have to agree with those that said Raichu. Like, everyone knows that Pikachu has the most brand recognition and is easily the most-loved of any Pokemon -- but Raichu is a really, really great alternative! I remember being upset by link battles when I'd see people who kept their Pikachus unevolved.

Hasty

Moonside
I thought I was the only one who didn't like Hawlucha.

I'm in there too! :p
It's really sad that I don't really like Hawlucha (but I don't hate it) as I think its Fighting/Flying typing, its design origin and its exclusive move are pretty cool and interesting... but something about its design execution is really unapppealing to me.... the curve of its head/beak, where the mouth is located, and its "hair", and other things... I like its eyes though. :)

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
So many unloved Pokes that I in particular really like..

Barbaracle - This thing is a BEAST. One of the better Shell Smashers. IDC about Cloyster, this thing wrecks house. I've managed to pull off sweeps with him because most people have no idea what to expect when a Barbaracle comes out it seems. He's got surprise factor, and a White Herb Shell Smash Barbaracle is quite the fierce threat.

Lapras - Lapras is a bulky, tanky, amazingly versatile Pokemon. I've liked it ever since Gen 1..Sadly though, there are better Water-types out there like Gyarados or Mega Swampert. I honestly think Lapras needs a pre-evolution and a Mega Evolution.

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan - Both decently powerful Pokemon, Hitmonchan having every single punch in the game, potentially, and a good Sp.DEF stat. And Hitmonlee being very fast and is capable of hitting quite hard.

Zangoose - Toxic Boost Zangoose is a fearsome Pokemon that can hit almost as hard, or even harder than Diggersby. It's quite frail, but if you can get it set up, it is a monster.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Hitmonchan doesn't learn ALL the Punching moves. Meteor Mash falls under the category according to Iron Fist's effects. Shadow Punch is the only other Punch move it does not learn.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Another Pokemon I just thought of, Clawitzer. It's slow, but surprisingly bulky, gets good coverage, and Mega Launcher is a POWERFUL ability for it. Assault Vest Clawitzer is actually pretty dang good from my experience.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Linoone is definitely going on the list of 'unloved' Pokémon (very obvious) but I use it because of its Ability Pickup, which is quite useful in-game so that you don't have to buy as much items.

Status
Not open for further replies.