• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creyk

I admit that I phrased my previous comment incorrectly. It's not that I think Mega Swamoert is uninspired because it DOES look super strong which makes it cool looking but the Ability just doesn't fit it at all nor does it seem to make sense. Mega Bkaziken gets its regular version's HA. Mega Sceptile's may seem odd at first but once you remember how lightningis attracted to trees and Sceptile's tail is now a giant tree, it makes sense. Mega Venusaur gets damage from two of its major weaknesses cut in half, and Mega Blastoise has a huge single cannon so Mega Launcher fits it nicely. Mega Charizard X and Y also have pretty useful Abilities. But all Mega Swampert gets is an Ability that works only during any if the rain related Abilities and weather conditions. I just think that it should have been given a different Ability that would utilize its Attack stat more.

Just admit it: It should have received Wonder Guard. Don't worry, everybody agrees with you.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Huntail?Lanturn?Tangela?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pretty much a good amount of Grass types are definitely on the list.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I get the feeling Ursaring is kind of unloved, despite being a monster in battle. I know it's just a grizzly bear with a ring on its belly, but this simplicity fits it well, in my opinion...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I get the feeling Ursaring is kind of unloved, despite being a monster in battle. I know it's just a grizzly bear with a ring on its belly, but this simplicity fits it well, in my opinion...

I don't think it's really a monster in battle due to its low Speed, but it is when it is left unchecked (Toxic Orb+Facade).

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Just about any Grass-type Pokémon in general is underappreciated. I never understood why fire-types were more popular and why Charizard appeals to so many people. I find it's design to be very boring and meh. It just looks like a generic dragon to me.

You're going to have to accept one day that not everyone enjoys or is drawn to the exact same Pokemon/type as you.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The majority of "generic" bug types, while useless in competitive, can be really cool in regular playthroughs or even nuzlockes. Like, I'm talking things like Dustox. Using Glitch the Dustox with Quiver Dance made it rather formidable in ORAS. Mons like this need love!

Yes, bugs, particularly ones found early, are useful in the beginning of the game because they evolve quickly, but it goes down as you progress.

raichu27

Some bug Pokemon like Pinsir, Heracross, and Scolipede can learn coverage moves as well like Earthquake and Rock Slide. They also have some decent status. Bug Pokemon can often learn grass moves to cover their weakness for rock as well.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Some bug Pokemon like Pinsir, Heracross, and Scolipede can learn coverage moves as well like Earthquake and Rock Slide. They also have some decent status. Bug Pokemon can often learn grass moves to cover their weakness for rock as well.

I find Scizor a decent Bug type, but I don't think it'll make it to the 'unloved' list.

Synnett

Stuff
Seaking

One of my favorite pokemon, sadly unloved. Tons of people doesn't know that it has immunity to electric due to Lightningrod, and I'm wrecking whole teams in Double Battle with him and my Storm Drain Cradily.

It has the potential, but it's forgotten ;_;

Creyk

Seaking

One of my favorite pokemon, sadly unloved. Tons of people doesn't know that it has immunity to electric due to Lightningrod, and I'm wrecking whole teams in Double Battle with him and my Storm Drain Cradily.

It has the potential, but it's forgotten ;_;

Seaking actually is a part of a nice tactic where it soaks shedinja and blocks electric attacks with it's Lightningrod so the only weakness left is Grass. Sadly he is not SUPER defensive so he ususally goes down within 1-2 turns

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think most of my favorite Pokemon fit this category as a lot of them are basic/common. I love Starly, Shinx, Cubchoo, and Lillipup. Even if I don't use all of them much, I'll still catch them just to have them in my party.

SeumasMór

Pokemon Ranger
I think Snover/Abomnasnow deserve more love. They're actually great pokemon and 'snow warning' comes in really handy, especially when paired with Glaceon or Castform (another underappreciated pokemon). They've been a big part of my team for a while now. Plus the thought of an alpine tree coming to life and causing havok makes me smile every time!

Mechaheracross

Krusty krab employee
I think Graveler, Dodrio and Donphan are cool, but I never really here much about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.