• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Charizard obviously, I mean, they gave it only two mega evolutions.

Imo, I wouldn't consider Charizard unloved, but overloved because it was like everyone's childhood Pokémon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I would say Stunfisk. Most people tend to capture it and never look at it again. It's a darn shame too it has a unique typing and a fairly decent move pool but lacks the raw stats to use it. Also look at its face and tell me you don't like it. I used to use it in the dream world all the time.

I actually used it on my team during the recent Pikachu Competition in all my battles. It was slower than the opponent and ended up fainting before it could attack but it was always sent out first with my Emolga.

TheOneTrueGod

Lord Helix
I feel as if Omanyte, Bergmite, Kabuto, Dunsparce (op) and even Spinarak seem overlooked. I enjoy these Pokemon's designs and feel as though they need to be loved. Their evolutions dont get mush attention either.

raichu27

Scolipede, Haxorus, Raikou, Muk, Sceptile, Clefable, and Starmie come to mind. I think Scolipede has a good move pool, speed, and attack power for a Bug/Poison Pokemon.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Scolipede, Haxorus, Raikou, Muk, Sceptile, Clefable, and Starmie come to mind. I think Scolipede has a good move pool, speed, and attack power for a Bug/Poison Pokemon.

Ever since Fairy Types became a thing, Clefable has been getting quite a bit of love, and I believe the same thing was for Raikou too since the whole greninja ban so....

raichu27

Ever since Fairy Types became a thing, Clefable has been getting quite a bit of love, and I believe the same thing was for Raikou too since the whole greninja ban so....
The Fairy type being added makes Poison Pokemon and moves; and Steel moves be more useful as well. I also like Clefable's move poll and Raikou's Special Attack and Speed. Generation 2-5, Poison was only strong against Grass, plus, both of the types that were weak to Steel are also weak to fighting.

Last edited:

Cerex

Cryogonal gets my vote. I love the design and the concept, but GameFreak pretty much sentenced it to a life of mediocrity with its terrible defense stat and typing. Which on some level I get: it is based on a snowflake, but honestly the they drove the joke home so much that they have rendered it it pretty much useless. I typically create my own updated team rosters for gym leaders and Cryogonal is always on Pryce's team, because it just seems like a Pokemon he would have.

I really hope it one day gets a Mega Evolution which alters its form, or maybe even an ability like conversion or Stance Change which changes it forms and switches its Sp. Def with Def. And that would work as snowflakes do change shape and structure as they fall.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cryogonal gets my vote. I love the design and the concept, but GameFreak pretty much sentenced it to a life of mediocrity with its terrible defense stat and typing. Which on some level I get: it is based on a snowflake, but honestly the they drove the joke home so much that they have rendered it it pretty much useless. I typically create my own updated team rosters for gym leaders and Cryogonal is always on Pryce's team, because it just seems like a Pokemon he would have.

I really hope it one day gets a Mega Evolution which alters its form, or maybe even an ability like conversion or Stance Change which changes it forms and switches its Sp. Def with Def. And that would work as snowflakes do change shape and structure as they fall.

Maybe it could Mega Evolve into a gigantic snow cloud that is more menacing looking than Castform with the chains its normal form has changing into giant icicles.

Mr.FusRoDah

Dunsparce could do with an evolution or a mega evolution. Big time. Same with Farfetch'd. Also, Snorlax has seen better days and has fallen from grace.

Cerex

Maybe it could Mega Evolve into a gigantic snow cloud that is more menacing looking than Castform with the chains its normal form has changing into giant icicles.
Well, maybe, but snow cloud and a snowflake are different things. Right now Cryogonal's form is based on this type of snowflake:
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/photos/w041219b055.jpg

What I had envisioned is that it would change to a shape like this:
http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/photos/w031230b033.jpg

The more I think of it a defense form also wouldn't be a bad idea based on this common shape:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/userpix/1469_smDSC_1918_2.jpg

I get that's a lot for just one Pokemon, an ice-type no less; however, I think it would be pretty cool to essentially create an in battle Deoxys, based on the fact that snowflakes do change shape as they fall down.

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
Drifblim. After Poképark, it's been getting no attention.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Chimecho. Despite being a Gen 3 Pokémon and the release of ORAS, it still hardly gets attention.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Chimecho. Despite being a Gen 3 Pokémon and the release of ORAS, it still hardly gets attention.

Yeah, it definitely should get more praise as it can be quite a useful Pokémon... I've used Chimecho several times. :'P And then you have these people who have never even used it which is something to shame on.

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
Druddigon doesn't get enough love. It's a badass spiky dragon that can hit really, really hard. Have you ever tried Sheer Force Druddigon with a Life Orb?! Complete wreck shop.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Regigigas. Awesome stats but it didn't get the love it deserved becasue of it's Slow Start Ability.

Lanturn, awesome little bugger.

I also like Porygon-2 more than Porygon-Z.

Sudowoodo's cool, it makes me laugh. (Bonsly annoys the heck out of me though after seeing it in the anime...)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I agree

what about haxorus

Haxorus I see as a more offensive and underrated dragonite. Only difference is that Hax doesn't get multiscale, espeed, a flying type, and a 4x ice weakness. But at least with dragonite it can be mixed but Haxorus is almost ALWAYS physical....plus Mold Breaker can screw alot of levitators w/eq or any dragon move Haxorus uses pretty much 1 shots dragonite since Mold Breaker ignores Multiscale

Status
Not open for further replies.