• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraPrince

Little Brother
I find that teddiursa is adorable

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
IMO most of gen2 pokemon are unloved because their evos OR stats are really a letdown compared to the designs... quilfish for exemple... I would love to see na evo. Or tediursa and ursaring... standler... etc

psypunk

I love Girafarig, but I never see anyone talking about it. The design is just so pleasantly weird and cute.

nocturnal_nocturne

Chaos Incarnate
I didn't even know Quilfish existed until Gen 4.

I love Quilfish. Pufferfish are actually some of my favourite animals and to know there's a Pokemon based on one makes me happy.

As for my favourite overlooked Pokemon? Maractus and Carnivine, the severely derpy-looking plants. Both horrendous stats-wise, but I can't help but love them because of how ridiculous they look.

Edmund Daltonic

That's what I was thinking about. Maractus has an adorable design but pretty underwhelming compared with Cacnea or Cacturne (and even they are not very good neither). As a botanist and cacti lover, i'd love it if throw her a bone.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Wurmple and Zigzagoon, mostly because wondertrade were filled with hundreds of thousands of them

Herad

Just about any Grass-type Pokémon in general is underappreciated. I never understood why fire-types were more popular and why Charizard appeals to so many people. I find it's design to be very boring and meh. It just looks like a generic dragon to me.

Dragons are cool.

Fire-type is the best type to choose from start. Because GRASS BURN! And in the beginning you rarely see rock/water/electric/psychic/steel/dragon/ghost/ice/fighting/ground/fairy but you see endless amount of grass and normal pokemon. So there is only one type which has an advantage from the very beginning and that's the fire-type.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I sometimes feel like I'm the only one actually liking the Zigzagoon family. Both Zigzagoon and Linoone are just pretty cool to me, even though they're just your average "Rattatta" of gen 3. One of the few gen 3 Pokemon I really like this much.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Virizion..I feel out of the swords of justice, Virizion is the one that gets no love. I personally love it. It's shiny form is a lovely shade of pink, kinda accenting it's feminine appearance. I also really like Electivire. This guy was a 4th Gen Powerhouse and was literally on everyone's team...now, he gets no love. I never see anyone using him anymore..except me..lol..another Pokemon that gets no love is Furfrou. Now don't get me wrong, competitively, it's a bit of a one-trick pony..but it's a poodle! I love dogs, and I love how you can change how it looks. And it's ability, Fur Coat? So good. It's an amazing physical wall, and can survive a close combat from a Mega Lucario. I've seen it happen. lol

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
And it's ability, Fur Coat? So good. It's an amazing physical wall, and can survive a close combat from a Mega Lucario. I've seen it happen. lol

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Furfrou: 280-332 (79 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hmm, interesting. It can't do anything in return and it needs a full investment with a positive nature and no hazards on its side of the field, but still interesting.

Also M-Luke was liable to go Special or mixed as often as it went purely physical, which was part of the reason why it was banned.

252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Furfrou: 404-476 (114.1 - 134.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not really a check by any means but surviving Adaptability Close Combat is pretty impressive.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Yup! It's incredibly bulky. UPSETTINGLY bulky. All it can really do though is run Toxic/Thunder Wave to cripple opponents, Rest to recover..Return and Cotton Guard. It gets COTTON GUARD.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one actually liking the Zigzagoon family. Both Zigzagoon and Linoone are just pretty cool to me, even though they're just your average "Rattatta" of gen 3. One of the few gen 3 Pokemon I really like this much.

Aw yes. Linoone. The only Pokémon that can learn Belly Drum / Extremespeed. Amazing.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Zangoose has always been one of my favourite Pokemon to be honest. Nobody seems to realize the raw power this thing is packing, potentially rivaling the damage output of Mega Kangaskhan. To put things into perspective, if it gets a Sword's Dance off, the only thing in the entire game that's safe from the 2HKO is Mega Sableye. Physically defensive Lugia? 2HKO'd. Skarmory? 2HKO'd. Clefable, Gliscor, Landorus-T? 2HKO'd. Even Mega Sableye is only safe because Knock Off doesn't get a power boost off Megas. I think if you run Shadow Claw or Night Slash you have a chance to 2HKO even Mega Sableye.

I'm not saying this thing is viable cause unfortunately it's not. Base 95 Speed is just barely too low to attempt a sweep, and his bulk is basically non-existent. Plus he needs to poison himself with a Toxic Orb in order to activate Toxic Boost, which essentially puts him on a timer, and without Quick Attack (or even with it) he's still weak to priority, but god damn the damage this thing can potentially do after a single turn of set-up is insane.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
What about Foongus? It's so cute.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
Zangoose has always been one of my favourite Pokemon to be honest. Nobody seems to realize the raw power this thing is packing, potentially rivaling the damage output of Mega Kangaskhan. To put things into perspective, if it gets a Sword's Dance off, the only thing in the entire game that's safe from the 2HKO is Mega Sableye. Physically defensive Lugia? 2HKO'd. Skarmory? 2HKO'd. Clefable, Gliscor, Landorus-T? 2HKO'd. Even Mega Sableye is only safe because Knock Off doesn't get a power boost off Megas. I think if you run Shadow Claw or Night Slash you have a chance to 2HKO even Mega Sableye.

I'm not saying this thing is viable cause unfortunately it's not. Base 95 Speed is just barely too low to attempt a sweep, and his bulk is basically non-existent. Plus he needs to poison himself with a Toxic Orb in order to activate Toxic Boost, which essentially puts him on a timer, and without Quick Attack (or even with it) he's still weak to priority, but god damn the damage this thing can potentially do after a single turn of set-up is insane.

I've loved Zangoose since it's debut in Gen 3. I always knew it'd be an undercard Pokemon, but I loved it. It's based off a mongoose, one of my favorite animals..and it just looks so fierce. No smiling, no chill..just always stern and angry looking. Plus, it's actually a REALLY good Pokemon thanks to Toxic Boost. It can tear things apart with Facade/Close Combat/Shadow Claw. That's the set I ran on mine, and it was an AMAZING late game sweeper. Switch it in on a weakened Pokemon, use Protect to check intentions..Toxic Orb pops, then just start tearing through whats left of your opponent's team.

What about Foongus? It's so cute.

I've never wanted to hug a mushroom before ;-;

I'd say with the exception of starters and Pikachu, middle stages in three evo lines tend to get overlooked. I'm a big fan of Boldore and Vanillish, I love how they look like a perfect transition between their stages whilst having some hints of their own charm.

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I've never wanted to hug a mushroom before ;-;

I'd say with the exception of starters and Pikachu, middle stages in three evo lines tend to get overlooked. I'm a big fan of Boldore and Vanillish, I love how they look like a perfect transition between their stages whilst having some hints of their own charm.

Vanillite's line is one of my favorites from Gen 5. Everyone gives them flak due to the way they resemble ice cream cones. I honestly think if Vanilluxe's movepool wasn't so..scant, it'd be a pretty good Pokemon. Especially on a Weather Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.