• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cradily17

Charjabug. People are bashing it's design everywhere and I'm sick of it.

Why single out Charjabug? All of the new Alola Pokémon designs have received a lot of flack lately from ignorant people who forget that there are monsters that resemble sludge, eggs, and the alphabet. This happens every single time new Pokémon are revealed and I'm sick of it. They tend to not even give good reasons for disliking them either.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Why single out Charjabug? All of the new Alola Pokémon designs have received a lot of flack lately from ignorant people who forget that there are monsters that resemble sludge, eggs, and the alphabet. This happens every single time new Pokémon are revealed and I'm sick of it. They tend to not even give good reasons for disliking them either.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly because the Pokemon are new, unknown to us. So they feel weird and out of place, we just need to get used to them.

Greninja is a perfect example of this too.

Kanto_Caper

Sandshrew/Sandslash aren't very well-liked by gamers since they have pretty bad special defense and speed, and don't learn any decent ground type moves naturally until Gen VI.

I find Sandshrew/Sandslash is a very serviceable member of the team once I teach it the TM Dig and don't pit it against any type it's weak against.

Gengarite X

One of my favourite "unloved" Pokémon is Chikorita. People always seem to view him as weakest of the Johto starters, but Chikorita has always been one of my favourite starters of all time. It has never disappointed me.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Sandshrew/Sandslash aren't very well-liked by gamers since they have pretty bad special defense and speed, and don't learn any decent ground type moves naturally until Gen VI.

I find Sandshrew/Sandslash is a very serviceable member of the team once I teach it the TM Dig and don't pit it against any type it's weak against.

Sandslash is my favorite Ground-type. I always found it to be a solid member of my team whenever I decided to use it. Really, most Pokemon are usable in-game if you put forth the required effort to use them properly and learn their advantages and disadvantages. Competitive is a different story though.

Kanto_Caper

Sandslash is my favorite Ground-type. I always found it to be a solid member of my team whenever I decided to use it. Really, most Pokemon are usable in-game if you put forth the required effort to use them properly and learn their advantages and disadvantages. Competitive is a different story though.

Oh, yay! Another Sandslash fan.

Yeah, you're probably right. Looking back on it they probably were competitive fans, but I don't battle competitively. Thanks to the extremely... well, competitive nature of the activity, they basically have to use the same dozen or so Pokemon with the same dozen or so moves over and over again, and I'd rather use a more diverse party filled rather than the same ones time and time again.

Silence27trey

I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses...I agree that Tentacruel could use a popularity boost.

One Pokemon I'd love to see get a Mega or something is Girafarig. I also think that Regigigas is such a cool Pokemon, but Slow Start is such a sad ability. At least it can be bypassed with Gastro Acid/Worry Seed/attacking a Cofagrigus.

Utopianopal

Time Crashes
Vanilluxe. So what If It's Ice cream?! It looks delicious and I love Ice types! I will never understand the generation 5 hate :(

gliscor&yanmega

I always loved Grumpig but it's clear no one really likes it

I like it, used it a few times in R/S/E playthroughs too.

Personally, to some extent I love all Pokemon and would have no issues using them all during playthroughs(Albeit, I don't keep track so I tend not to remember if I used one before or not). It's a shame there are handfuls of Pokemon that get overlooked for one reason or another, but at the same time there are still plenty who love the Pokemon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I always loved Grumpig but it's clear no one really likes it

I like him, although he is just not a good pokemon imo.

Tangela is one of my favorite pokemon, doesn't seem like anyone really like it imo.
Do a lot of people like Murkrow? It's def my fav.

I like it, used it a few times in R/S/E playthroughs too.

Personally, to some extent I love all Pokemon and would have no issues using them all during playthroughs(Albeit, I don't keep track so I tend not to remember if I used one before or not). It's a shame there are handfuls of Pokemon that get overlooked for one reason or another, but at the same time there are still plenty who love the Pokemon.

I feel like that makes a pokemon even more loveable sometimes, when no one else loves it, as weird as that sounds lol. Although this Mimikyu pokemon is going to be so loved due to being an unloved pokemon that it almost makes it uncute! jk but seriously..

I have a habit of always trying to pick Pokemon I've never used before for my main team whenever playing through a Pokemon game. Most of the time, I look at stats over aesthetics, so I've had a fair few slightly less than "pretty" Pokemon in my teams over the years.

Stats and what not aside, I've always really liked Dunsparce. Such an oddball Pokemon that hasn't really gotten any kind of development since the 2nd gen. It'd be interested to see a mega evolution for it.

GreenApple

Cherish the Day
While I do have my favorites, I generally like all Pokemon. Although I have found that once I see a Pokemon in action, my opinion of it changes dramatically. And this is just based off of a first impression when I see an image or animation-still. An example would be Dunsparce.

I haven't played the games in so long so I vaguely understand the preference towards certain Pokemon based on battle effectiveness. But as someone has already said, every single one can be effective in battle, it's just the way you train them. But even beyond battles, every Pokemon is awesome. I like to see them in different environments, fulfilling different roles.

Ninetales is unloved imo. People say Arcanine is better than it in every way but Ninetales is for people who use more defensive Pokemon and its a little faster than Arcanine.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Maybe not unloved, but I have a lot of fondness for Cryogonal despite its severe obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.