• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosterBruke

Psyduck.. Ugly but powerful.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Psyduck.. Ugly but powerful.

I'm pretty sure Psyduck isn't unloved. From what I've heard, people like the odd derpy duck. It's kind of like how people keep making fun of Slowpoke, but all in good jest.

dudealmighty

New PokeTuber
I always really liked Dewgong! And I like the Omanyte family more than Kabuto's but Omanyte got really popular cause of Twitch Plays Pokemon lol

Cradily17

Why does it seem like the Pokémon Company hates Mega Charizard Y? Compared to Zard X, it's hardly gotten any merchandise or advertising. In both Smash 4 and Pokken, Charizard Mega Evolves into Mega Charizard X as its Final Smash/Burst Mode while Zard Y isn't even mentioned or present in a cameo. Mega Charizard Y has only appeared in one 3DS theme (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon) where it had to share the spotlight with other Pokémon. Zard X, on the other hand, has gotten its own 3DS theme with exclusive background music. And in the anime, Mega Charizard Y made its long awaited debut... only to end up quickly losing to Alain's Mega Charizard X in one hit. I know that the Pokémon Company wants to promote certain Pokémon (and forms) because of their popularity with the fanbase, but why do they have to make others look bad in the process?

Lumdrop

Ive always loved Beedrill I was over the moon when I saw his Mega evolution! Sadly, I haven't been able to use it yet because I mainly use Y version and haven't transferred my pokes to OR yet. I'm dying to though!
I understand that Fearow is too frail to be useful, but its another poke I'd want to see more of. Maybe it'll get a third form someday though.

BubChan

Wonderwall
I loooove finneon and luminion, I remember catching many finneon just because of their design, it's was kinda shocking to see that many people hates or even forget about them

Why does it seem like the Pokémon Company hates Mega Charizard Y? Compared to Zard X, it's hardly gotten any merchandise or advertising. In both Smash 4 and Pokken, Charizard Mega Evolves into Mega Charizard X as its Final Smash/Burst Mode while Zard Y isn't even mentioned or present in a cameo. Mega Charizard Y has only appeared in one 3DS theme (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon) where it had to share the spotlight with other Pokémon. Zard X, on the other hand, has gotten its own 3DS theme with exclusive background music. And in the anime, Mega Charizard Y made its long awaited debut... only to end up quickly losing to Alain's Mega Charizard X in one hit. I know that the Pokémon Company wants to promote certain Pokémon (and forms) because of their popularity with the fanbase, but why do they have to make others look bad in the process?

Maybe it's because the most of the pokémon fandom complained about Charizard not being a dragon type, after giving the dragon to Mega Charizard X, the fandom gone crazy! Actually, Mega Charizard X is a popularity bait due to it's type, colour and for being a charizard. I agree with you, Pokémon company "forgets" about Mega Charizard Y potencial and gives all attention to X. Maybe one day Mega Charizard receive the love that it deserves

2SCMaplebeard

I think Scyther and Mismagius are two of my favorite unloved Pokemon. Scizor is usually always preferred over Scyther.

I don't think I've ever battled anyone (except maybe Fantina in-game) that has used Mismagius either.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I think the Pikachu clones such as Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu get too much hate. They aren't great competitively and they are far from my favorite Pokémon but they are still interesting and can still be fun to use non competitively. I also think they are different enough from Pikachu.

SOLARISENSHI

telekinetic Trainer
I agree the Pikachu clones as a semi mascot for each generation deserve a place here

epicgordan

Perhaps I could make a Pokémon team consisting solely of Pokémon rejects for Red and Blue. Unfortunately, the main reason why many of said Pokémon tend to be rejects are due to how late in the game they arrive. Pokémon like Seaking, Seadra, Kingler, and Golduck could have seen a great deal more use if you could actually catch them earlier on (though if we perform the Trainer-Fly glitch in order to force that Snorlax on Route 12 to disappear....). Then we have Pokémon like Farfetch'd, who'd at best be used mainly as an HM slave, specifically for Cut and Fly. Actually, now that I think of it, here are all of the Pokémon Red/Blue rejects:

1. Beedrill
2. Arbok
3. Wigglytuff
4. Golbat
5. Parasect
6. Venomoth
7. Golduck
8. Poliwrath
9. Rapidash
10.Magneton
11.Farfetch'd
12.Onix
13.Kingler
14.Electrode
15.Marowak
16.Hitmonchan
17.Lickitung
18.Tangela
19.Seadra
20.Seaking
21.Mr. Mime
22.Scyther
23.Pinsir
24.Porygon

Borderlines:

1. Butterfree
2. Pidgeot
3. Raticate
4. Sandslash
5. Ninetales
6. Vileplume
7. Primeape
8. Arcanine
9. Dewgong
10.Muk
11.Hypno
12.Hitmonlee
13.Kangaskhan
14.Magmar (Blue)
15.Flareon
16.Omastar
17.Kabutops
18.Moltres

Here are all the competitively viable Pokémon (yet do not get much love in the single-player campaign):

1. Venusaur
2. Clefable
3. Tentacruel
4. Slowbro
5. Cloyster
6. Exeggutor
7. Weezing
8. Rhydon
9. Chansey
10.Jynx
11.Electabuzz
12.Tauros

Completely Useless:

1. Ditto

And here are the Pokémon that everybody seems to love in Gen 1 (mainly in-game, possibly competitively as well):

1. Charizard
2. Blastoise
3. Fearow
4. Pikachu/Raichu
5. Nidoqueen
6. Nidoking
7. Dugtrio
8. Persian
9. Kadabra/Alakazam
10.Machoke/Machamp
11.Victreebel
12.Graveler/Golem
13.Dodrio
14.Haunter/Gengar
15.Starmie
16.Gyarados
17.Lapras
18.Vaporeon
19.Jolteon
20.Aerodactyl
21.Snorlax
22.Articuno
23.Zapdos
24.Dragonite

Banned:

1. Mewtwo
2. Mew

So in total, there are about 55 out of 81 Pokémon families that fans of the 1st gen either ignore, find to be terrible, start off fresh only to falter as time goes on, or are introduced far too late into the game to be of any practical use in-game. There are only 26 Pokémon families that everybody loves may it be in-game or competitively (or both), with two ubers in particular (one released postgame only, while the other one isn't supposed to be caught legitimately anyways).

Yunova

Fairy User
My favourite Pokemon are Wigglytuff and Girafarig. Besides being cute, nobody really cares much about them and it makes me really sad. ):

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I mostly like the more overused, epic Pokémon like Gardevoir and Lucario, but my recently-started Y Nuzlocke has taught me that Butterfree and Dunsparce are surprisingly fun to battle with as well.

SebastiaanZ

Tentacruel, my HM slave in all games :D for sure.
Ditto, my breeding dude, picked him up once he was lvl 100 and went to the Pokemon League with him and then returned him to the Daycare.
Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan, never saw much use in them, not even when the Hitmon line was expanded.
Dunsparce ... never bothered to pick that one up.

Kennith

Banned
Maybe Regigigas since it has the Slow Start ability. There are ways to work around that area.

I have way too many Pokemon that are overlooked that I use. *goes to look at his competitive Pokemon box* I use a Wigglytuff, a Ditto, a Granbull, a Dedenne, a Dunsparce, a Kecleon, a Mr. Mime, a Hypno, a Braviary. I could list them all off but those are just a few.

Cradily17

Has any Pokémon fell so far from glory as Flygon?

Gen 3: Flygon is introduced. Despite its average stats, it has a unique typing that allows it to hit the only type resisted by Dragon with STAB earthquake, making it very strong competitively. It quickly becomes a fan favorite
Gen 4: The Physical/Special split is implemented, allowing Flygon to finally be able to use Dragon type moves by utilizing its higher Attacking stat. Unfortunately, Garchomp, a Pokémon with the same typing is introduced. Not only is it stronger in virtually every way, but its menacing appearance and design make it a new fan favorite alongside the likes of Lucario and Lopunny. Flygon's relevancy starts to plummet.
Gen 5: Hidden abilities are introduced, allowing Flygon to possibly get a stronger one. However, Flygon doesn't get a HA while Garchomp does, causing Flygon to further fall.
Gen 6: Mega Evolutions are introduced as a way to breathe new life into old Pokémon, whether it's by making weaker and overlooked Pokémon more competitively viable or making popular strong Pokémon even stronger. Alas, Flygon doesn't get a Mega. However, Garchomp did. And it wasn't even a great Mega either, considering Garchomp's normal form outclasses it. Not only that, but with the brand new Fairy type being a thing, Flygon grows even weaker. But it's okay, because OR/AS comes along, remakes of the games that Flygon originally debut in. There's even a character named Aaron who has Flygon as his signature Pokémon. Surely it would get a Mega this time, right? Nope! To make things even worse, Game Freak pulls a troll by having Aaron give you a Garchompite after collecting 1000 flags. In the end, Flygon is the ONLY Gen 3 Dragon type Pokémon to not get a Mega despite needing one so badly and being fairly popular.
Gen 7: There's a strong possibly of no new Mega Evolutions being introduced, and with more and more Pokémon and a continual power creep, Flygon will only keep getting worse.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I think one of the most unappreciated Pokemon to have come out of Gen 6 is Aromatisse. I think people hyped up Spritzee's then-unannounced evolution to be a worthwhile Fairy type for any team, but then Aromatisse came out and people were immediately disappointed just by looks alone. I liked Spritzee from the start and wanted one regardless of the outcome, because despite its tier placement, I still use Aromatisse and think it's kind of cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.