• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Delcatty is pretty underrated. It may be less cute than its pre-evolution, but at the same time it became a whole lot sassier. Also its Pokedex entry is really relatable to me :3

Cat's Eye Draco

I don't see many fans talking about Feebas other than how aggravating it is to find in all of the games except ORAS. The guaranteed fishing spots were a necessary blessing.

To be fair, there isn't all that much else to say about Feebas. About the only thing that comes to my mind is that it can learn TMs. Doesn't help much, seeing as it's got terrible attack/special attack, but at least it's something.

I think Delcatty is pretty underrated. It may be less cute than its pre-evolution, but at the same time it became a whole lot sassier. Also its Pokedex entry is really relatable to me :3

I absolutely loved Delcatty when I was little. It was probably my favorite after Eevee, Vulpix, and Charizard. Oddly enough I never cared much for Skitty, though. I guess I liked Delcatty's more elegant look better. *shrugs*

Spyro39

I remember how much hate Popplio got when it was first revealed alongside Rowlet and Litten as the Alola starters. I always root for the underdogs, so I wanted to choose Popplio to show fans what it was capable of. I'm glad I did, because Primarina is one of my most used Pokemon in Sun and Moon and helped me get a lot of victories in battles. I never doubted Popplio for a second, because I knew that what mattered to us fans the most were the starters' final evolutions. Why is Charmander considered to most popular Kanto starter? Because of Charizard. Why is Froakie considered the most popular Kalos starter? Because of Greninja. Bottomline is, you shouldn't judge a starter Pokemon by its base form, because you might see it's full potential once it fully evolves.

Last edited:

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
I remember how much hate Popplio got when it was first revealed alongside Rowlet and Litten as the Alola starters. I always root for the underdogs, so I wanted to choose Popplio to show fans what it was capable of. I'm glad I did, because Primarina is one of my most used Pokemon in Sun and Moon and helped me get a lot of victories in battles. I never doubted Popplio for a second, because I knew that what mattered to us fans the most were the starters' final evolutions. Why is Charmander considered to most popular Kanto starter? Because of Charizard. Why is Froakie considered the most popular Kalos starter? Because of Greninja. Bottomline is, you shouldn't judge a starter Pokemon by its base form, because you might see it's full potential once it fully evolves.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Although I did judge Popplio poorly and chose Litten, Primarina is not a bad pokemon and is relatively powerful if used the right way. Not to mention its Z-move animation (...wow).

Btw Incineroar is still the king

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Although I did judge Popplio poorly and chose Litten, Primarina is not a bad pokemon and is relatively powerful if used the right way. Not to mention its Z-move animation (...wow).

Btw Incineroar is still the king

I remember loving all the starters, but I just loved Litten more since I had always wanted a fire cat in Pokemon :p

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Are there that many unloved Pokemon in Gen 1 except for maybe Lickitung, Mr. Mime, and Jynx? Kind of part of the genwunner debate.
Excusing nostalgia, I kind of don't love most of Gen 1 as compared to other gens.

I remember loving all the starters, but I just loved Litten more since I had always wanted a fire cat in Pokemon :p

I was smitten with Litten until I saw Incineroar. T__T

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I remember the time Incineroar got so much hate before Sun/Moon's release and even during that time, I didn't hate it like everyone else did. Fast forward to now, and it gets nowhere near as much hate as it did back then. It makes me wonder what made people change their minds about it. Granted, it's not the most popular Alolan starter, but from what I've seen, it's been more well received than a few previous Fire starters. Heck, Litten is one of my favourite Gen 7 Pokémon; I always wanted a cat starter, and I finally got one. Worth it!

Speaking of Alolan starters, I think they're all great. They deserve the attention they get and I'm personally glad they all get equal treatment at the moment. Hopefully there'll be no blatant favouritism this time (Looking at you Gens 1 and 6, I HATED the fact one starter got far better treatment than the others).

Yes, or its lack thereof. Looking at you, Delphox. I remember when XY was announced and everyone was making fun of Chespin and Froakie and saying they would choose Fennekin. lol. So much for that.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The thing that disappoints me about Primarina and Decidueye is how slow thee young are in battle. Especially Decidueye which it should be super fast since it is an archer.

I remember the time Incineroar got so much hate before Sun/Moon's release and even during that time, I didn't hate it like everyone else did. Fast forward to now, and it gets nowhere near as much hate as it did back then. It makes me wonder what made people change their minds about it. Granted, it's not the most popular Alolan starter, but from what I've seen, it's been more well received than a few previous Fire starters. Heck, Litten is one of my favourite Gen 7 Pokémon; I always wanted a cat starter, and I finally got one. Worth it!

I think it was less the overall design structure of Incineroar and more the fact that it was bipedal just like every other Fire starter final evolution. I think Incineroar's battling capabilities helped it grow on people, and probably also the relief that it wasn't Fire/Fighting.

Speaking of Alolan starters, I think they're all great. They deserve the attention they get and I'm personally glad they all get equal treatment at the moment. Hopefully there'll be no blatant favouritism this time (Looking at you Gens 1 and 6, I HATED the fact one starter got far better treatment than the others).

I'm honestly glad that they're all being treated equally too. Back when I went to the Sun/Moon discussion subforum regularly, I'd always check the recent happenings and team threads, and the teams stated by users never had an extreme preference to one starter - each one was used a roughly even amount of times overall. It also means that there aren't any butthurt fans of one starter claiming another is bad because of "over-exposure" or something.

And I agree on the starter favouritism in Gens 1 and 6. I don't think I need to go in to Charizard. Greninja isn't too bad, but it really only holds up because of the anime.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Pyroar needs more love. Saved my hide in many TCG matches. The card from Flashfire in particular. Became the bane of everyone at my local league.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Delphox needs more love. It's pre-evolutions steal the spotlight from it and it's often seen as the worst of the Gen 6 starters.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I think regular Sableye needs a little more love, everyone neglected him before Prankster and Mega Sableye

Not me. I loved him before it was cool. To this day, he's my favourite Ghost type Pokémon.

Thankfully, in Competitive, Mimikyu gets plenty of love*!

Mimikyu only really got hate when it was first revealed. Since then, Mimikyu is far from unloved, I'd even go as far as to say it's one of, if not the most popular Pokémon of this generation.

Delphox needs more love. It's pre-evolutions steal the spotlight from it and it's often seen as the worst of the Gen 6 starters.

This. You have NO idea how much I defend this Pokémon, as it's actually one of my all time favourites. I actually feel bad for liking it most of the time because I feel people will hate me if I admit Delphox is one of my favourite Pokémon. While I fully agree it's the worst competitively, it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be; there are worse Fire and Psychic types in Gen 6.

I'd even go as far as to say Chesnaught is pretty unloved as well. Earlier I mentioned how there's currently no favouritism among the Alola starters, and that generations 1 and 6 are very guilty of blatant favouritism with the starters. At the very least with Gen 1, Venusaur and Blastoise actually got something. But the Gen 6 starters have nothing; they'll have to forever live in Greninja's shadow as it gets a special form and the other two don't, making it clear who they want to be the best. Poor Chesnaught and Delphox might as well not even exist, nobody really cares about them. As a fan of both, it saddens me greatly.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, so I'll just do a round-up for each generation, mostly for when they were released (i.e. GenIII pre-Physical/Special-split):

- GenI: Seaking. Don't go around denying it, nobody uses Seaking.
- GenII: Stantler. Even GameFreak hates this thing. In Johto, you can catch the much better Tauros at the same time as you can catch a Stantler, and since then it's been absent or an oddity in most games.
- GenIII: Nosepass. Honestly, it's a toss-up between it, Chimecho, Huntail and Relicanth.
- GenIV: Munchlax. Why? Because HONEYTREES!!! ARGGHH!!! Even more infuriating than Feebas in GenIII, hence why that one is not on that list. Otherwise Wormadam Trash Cloak. It's TRASH.
- GenV: Simisear. PROVEN by the most recent poll to be the most unloved Pokémon in existence. Also, Stunfisk since popular vote means nothing.
- GenVI: Binacle. It like it, but nobody else seems to like it and Barbaracle never seems to get played online.
- GenVII: Male Salandit. Because it's useless. Otherwise a toss-up between Bruxish and.. Alolan Sandshrew?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Okay, so I'll just do a round-up for each generation, mostly for when they were released (i.e. GenIII pre-Physical/Special-split):

- GenI: Seaking. Don't go around denying it, nobody uses Seaking.
- GenII: Stantler. Even GameFreak hates this thing. In Johto, you can catch the much better Tauros at the same time as you can catch a Stantler, and since then it's been absent or an oddity in most games.
- GenIII: Nosepass. Honestly, it's a toss-up between it, Chimecho, Huntail and Relicanth.
- GenIV: Munchlax. Why? Because HONEYTREES!!! ARGGHH!!! Even more infuriating than Feebas in GenIII, hence why that one is not on that list. Otherwise Wormadam Trash Cloak. It's TRASH.
- GenV: Simisear. PROVEN by the most recent poll to be the most unloved Pokémon in existence. Also, Stunfisk since popular vote means nothing.
- GenVI: Binacle. It like it, but nobody else seems to like it and Barbaracle never seems to get played online.
- GenVII: Male Salandit. Because it's useless. Otherwise a toss-up between Bruxish and.. Alolan Sandshrew?
I disagree with Male Salandit. It does have the advantage to Poison any Pokémon. That still makes it worth the aggravation of trying to find a female in my opinion.

First pokemon that comes to mind for me... Dunsparce... you don't hear of it very often...

huxord

What About Sigilyph? One of the most overlooked pokemon in 5th gen. Im a Huge fan of using it in competitive though... Because the flame orb strategy is one of my favorites :)
And its shiny... I really like it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.