• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Unloved" Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What About Sigilyph? One of the most overlooked pokemon in 5th gen. Im a Huge fan of using it in competitive though... Because the flame orb strategy is one of my favorites :)
And its shiny... I really like it! :)

I don't know. Sigilyph seems a bit more memorable in gen 6 since it is found in a much easier area to reach in Kalos and one of Olympia's Pokémon. Maractus is so much more forgettable due to no major trainers ever having it on their team (not even N in BW who used every other desert Pokémon found in the games) and only remembered for that one episode for the "over the rainbow" move which was pretty forgettable itself.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
...Sigilyth is 'unloved'? I REALLY liked that pokemon! i ended up breeding a ton of them, and i recall trying to ev train one xD its overall strangeness just really appealed to me.

Honestly, i think i really liked all the psychic types introduced in unova :)

Thaumiel

I mulled over this for a little while, and I kept drifting towards picks that I particularly liked but may have a dedicated fan base for all I know. There's also different ways people may appreciate them - for example, Abomasnow is below par competitively because of the x4 weakness to fire, but I don't think the design is too bad and you can manage just fine in the games. There's also some of the Pokémon found in Alola which simply haven't really had enough time to sink in with people, even six months on.

Having said that, my pick would have to be Binacle. I could barely remember this one. I actually had to look it up to double check the name. Sure, the evolution is nice with dual water/rock type but Kabutops and Omastar both have that, and look far better in my opinion. I just can't see myself getting excited about using it, especially seeing as I'm stuck with what is essentially a pair of sulking hands until level 39.

LadyTriox

...I'm going to post this; Fairy types as a whole seem un-loved. Except for Xerneas and possably Gardevoir and Diance. I see those 3 on random match ups pretty often. But other fairies? nah, never seen um used much.

I'm a huge fairy user, myself. I have 2 fairies on my y team (sylveon and azumarill) and 3 on my team on sun (Primarina, Ribombee, and Comfay). Heck, I may end up with 4 on my sun team: alola ninetales is just SO pretty and cool looking to me :3 hehe

I've had a floette on my y team through my whole playthrough pretty much too. Now its replaced with my sylveon (named KORRINA. may change it to "Corni" sometime :p) who i've been using for the chatou. So i've litterally used 3 fairies on that game as of so far.

Considering many pokemon fans don't seem to use fairies AT ALL, i've technecly used a lot of them.

And i consider it my all-time favorite pokemon type, too :)

And ribombee was my favorite pokemon for awhile earlier this year too.

And i relate to how 'girly' this type is, as i've pretty much always been a girly-girl (not that it really matters; cuz it doesn't :p still...yeah.)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
...I'm going to post this; Fairy types as a whole seem un-loved. Except for Xerneas and possably Gardevoir and Diance. I see those 3 on random match ups pretty often. But other fairies? nah, never seen um used much.

I'm a huge fairy user, myself. I have 2 fairies on my y team (sylveon and azumarill) and 3 on my team on sun (Primarina, Ribombee, and Comfay). Heck, I may end up with 4 on my sun team: alola ninetales is just SO pretty and cool looking to me :3 hehe

I've had a floette on my y team through my whole playthrough pretty much too. Now its replaced with my sylveon (named KORRINA. may change it to "Corni" sometime :p) who i've been using for the chatou. So i've litterally used 3 fairies on that game as of so far.

Considering many pokemon fans don't seem to use fairies AT ALL, i've technecly used a lot of them.

And i consider it my all-time favorite pokemon type, too :)

And ribombee was my favorite pokemon for awhile earlier this year too.

And i relate to how 'girly' this type is, as i've pretty much always been a girly-girl (not that it really matters; cuz it doesn't :p still...yeah.)
I would say a majority of Fairy types don't get as much love as they should. Sylveon with Pixilate seem to be popular as well as Klefki for Prankster, Gardevoir mainly because it has always been a fan favorite since it was introduced, and Mimikyu for Disguise. I've done the online battling and many players I've seen have had Klefki on board. Azumarill has decent usage and Comfey I've seen a few times in battle to help heal its allies.

LadyTriox

I would say a majority of Fairy types don't get as much love as they should. Sylveon with Pixilate seem to be popular as well as Klefki for Prankster, Gardevoir mainly because it has always been a fan favorite since it was introduced, and Mimikyu for Disguise. I've done the online battling and many players I've seen have had Klefki on board. Azumarill has decent usage and Comfey I've seen a few times in battle to help heal its allies.
...I guess they're more popular than they may seem to be o.o

I had an issue not finding them a lot on random matchups on showdown too :p I ended up beating a lot of people with dark/dragon/fighting teams with my all fairy team i had >D on ubers too. it was epic. i don't even think any of my pokemon mega evolved either.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
...I guess they're more popular than they may seem to be o.o

I had an issue not finding them a lot on random matchups on showdown too :p I ended up beating a lot of people with dark/dragon/fighting teams with my all fairy team i had >D on ubers too. it was epic. i don't even think any of my pokemon mega evolved either.

The thing with Sylveon is that it isn't an unpopular Pokémon but rather one that is only used if it has Pixilate. Cute Charm would only bee useful in situations on a female which is hard to get. Sylveon is loved it seems more for its looks and status of being an Eevelution.

jnshucker12

I love Charmeleon. Also, the whole Bulbasaur evolution line, definitely needs more love.

Also, I know Dragonite looks bad compared to its previous evolution, but come on, it's one of the most powerful dragon-type Pokemon in the game!

I also like Tentacruel. And Bibarel. Bibarel is one of my best fighters in Diamond.

I love Sableye, Sableye for the win!

I don't think Dusclops gets as much love as Duskull and Dusknoir.

Last edited:

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I never understood the hate for Bidoof. I like Bidoof. Patrat, on the other hand, I don't really like but I never hear anyone talk about whether they like it or not. They just talk about hating Bidoof.

I don't know about Patrat, but there's a lot of underlying hate for Watchog. As for Bidoof, nobody really hates it at this point because it's just a meme.

Thaumiel

I can understand why Watchog would be overlooked, but he was a staple on my team for the first few badges at least. I find the second evolutions for most early encounters are neglected, which is a shame because they can often pull you out of some really tough spots early-game.

alexterri

I'm really fond of Skitty. Even though it has terrible stats and a bad ability, its just so darn cute that I cant help but love it. Delcatty is also pretty cute.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Spinarak is an underrated Pokemon that I think deserves some more love. I think it is really adorable and even though it is frail, I still can't help but love its design. Also, it has arguably one of the best shiny sprites out of all 900+ Pokemon. Seriously, check it out! c:

Dewgong and Seel both should be given the spotlight once in a while; the only times I've seen both in action was during my Pokemon stadium days. :p

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Dewgong and Seel both should be given the spotlight once in a while; the only times I've seen both in action was during my Pokemon stadium days. :p

There's also Pryce and Loreli who use Dewgong but yes in general Seel and Dewgong seem to not be used as much as some other Gen 1 Pokemon. No one ever really talks about Snubbull and Granbull.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i like the Dewgong line a fair bit, it was my first shiny i ever got in a game (HG). while i might not use it often i usually do have a good one bred out in most games. gen7 is the exception as i havent gotten around to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.