• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unnecessary Evolutions

Aegon

Does anyone else think Spinda reminds you of a drunk? Have you ever seen it move on the Wii or Colloseum. It looks so dizzy and drunk.

Thus, they should make it a pirate panda. Arrgghhh mateys! Its top move could be Captain Morgan, instant KO!

Seriously though, there is no pirate pokemon. Make Spinda's evo a pirate bear, it explains his drunkeness a bit more.
Spinda is not drunk. It's just dizzy. Both its Japanese and English names reference 'spin'; presumably that's how it became dizzy.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
I don't mind old designs being updated with newer, stronger forms to evolve into, but I really don't like pre-evolutions. They're just unnecessary Pokédex fodder

startmirca

Rhydon into Rhyperior ..

Seriously , why give a Pokemon that is already strong enough an evolution ?!!

Bannete should have gotten an evolution instead.

rwhite84

Banned
Scyther-Scizor: I hate this one the most. Only differences were speed and defence were swapped and made the evo ugly. They also have the same base stat totals. Yawn

Dusclops-Dusknoir: Only a slight boost in attack. Not needed at all since you can just EV train your Dusclops.

Aipom-Ambipom: Aipom is one of my fav pokemon . Until...The Evo happened. The ugly form with stats boosted a bit. Yay

Rhydon-Rhyperior: Each stat boosted by 10 points each but speed. Rhydon was enough. Yaaaawwwwwwwwwn

Other Evos include Bellosoom, Politoed and Tynamo
Scizor is better then scyther in every stat except speed, and im sure majority of people would say it looks much cooler then scyther

Grei

not the color
The only one that could be considered "unnecessary" is Dusknoir, who added absolutely nothing to Dusclops except for a stat boost. Even then, that stat boost is enough to say that Dusknoir isn't unnecessary as an evolution, because it still made Dusclops better.

No evolution is unnecessary.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Scyther and Scizor's stats are the same but I still don't think its unnessasary.

KuroiMawile

What is an 'unnecessary' evolution?
(Shedinja is the only pokemon I can think of, since it is the definition of tacked-on, but even then it has a gimmick, and sensible origin [ugh, have you seen those thing? just sticking to thing...]to make it not needed, but welcomed)

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Gloom to Bellosom

Gloom shrink and loose weight, and is vurnerable to poison, status or type.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Un-needed evolutions include Electivire, Probopass, and Dusknoir. Of course, I got into Pokemon during Gen 4, so I don't think they all are useless.

I think Haunter looks cooler than Gengar. I'll have to admit that Gengar has a pretty good design, but why does its weaker pre-evo have to look so much cooler? :(

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
Gothorita seems unnecessary, same with Duosion. They really didn't need three stages. I think most pre-evolutions are pretty pointless. Although I think it's design is pretty cool, I think Scizor was unnecessary. It could have easily been a seperate pokemon all together. Rhyperior was just an excuse to give Rhydon a better ability. Like...seriously, it gained so few extra stat points. It's only upgrade was Solid Rock and Rock Wrecker.

Lazorchu!!

Hellooooo~
Probopass is actually used all the time. It even got on the Ubers Tier on Smogon because it had ridiculous stats in both defenses.