• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unnecessary Evolutions

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
Are there any evolutions that you think weren't necessary because there's not much of a difference from it's prior evolution or the other Pokemon was good enough without it?

I think there is barely ANY difference between Poilwhirl and Poliwrath.

(And on the DO-NOT-DISCUSS!!!!! List--------- Probopass, Eviolite, Competitive Battling)

Last edited:

AZX612

On my own here we go
On the Contrary, theres lots of people who hate Probopass. I'm neutral about it though.

Anyway, I think that Gloom to Bellossom wasnt thought out very well... I mean it gets smaller for Gods sake! Thats my biggest problem...

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I don't look at any evolutions unnecessary. There are some pre-evolved forms I like better, but that doesn't mean they aren't necessary. It's like species in real life. There's thousanads of different types of species that look extremely alike. You might not like an evolution, but that all corresponds to the reality of it. You don't like every type of animal out there, but you don't hate hem all, either.

This is also true for duos in the Pokemon world. Plusle and Minun look a lot alike. That doesn't mean we only need one.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Lillipup into Herdier. It should've gone straight to Stoutland. I see no changes in power. Bleh! I might be wasting my time on Black. I know Herdier is cute but maybe GameFreak could have powered up Herdier and Superpowered Stoutland.

Togepii to Tochic. I have raised them on Platinum and cannot WAIT to evolve it because it isn't the greatest.;468;

On the other hand, Dragonair into Dragonite is AWESOME!!!

Zibdas

not bad
(And on the DO-NOT-DISCUSS!!!!! List--------- Probopass(The much better evolution of Nosepass))
SHADDUPSHADDUPSHADDUPSHADDUPSHADDUP.
You're obviously delusional.
On the Contrary, theres lots of people who hate Probopass. I'm neutral about it though.

Anyway, I think that Gloom to Bellossom wasnt thought out very well... I mean it gets smaller for Gods sake! Thats my biggest problem...
O>O

Meanwhile, Magnezone. :T

rocky505

Rhyperior was not needed at all. Rhydon was good enough already. Lickilicky also wasn't needed all it did was made Lickitung hated even more.

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
Togepii to Tochic. I have raised them on Platinum and cannot WAIT to evolve it because it isn't the greatest.;468;

It certainly would be unnecessary if Togepi evolved into Torchic

SHADDUPSHADDUPSHADDUPSHADDUPSHADDUP.
You're obviously delusional.

O>O

Meanwhile, Magnezone. :T

Lol. Said that just to see what you'd say. But fearing it would be the only Pokemon discussed here, it's on the DO-NOT-DISCUSS!!! List :D

Dattebayo

Banned
Dusknoir, stats don't change but its Attack.

Rhyperior was not needed at all. Rhydon was good enough already. Lickilicky also wasn't needed all it did was made Lickitung hated even more.

So you do want Rhydon to lose usage from hard hitters and Lickitung to forever be a joke character?

Cuddlebuns

Dusknoir. It just gets a slight boost in base stats except for its most useless stats (Atk and Spe), has the same movepool and same ability. Although I think Dusknoir looks way cooler than Dusclops, would've been cool if it were introduced as a no-evolution Pokemon with a different movepool and ability than Dusclops.

Soberheartless

i feel tangrowth was kinda forced. idk, i just don't like it and think Tangela needed an evolution, but something a little better than Tangrowth,

Zibdas

not bad
It certainly would be unnecessary if Togepi evolved into Torchic

Lol. Said that just to see what you'd say. But fearing it would be the only Pokemon discussed here, it's on the DO-NOT-DISCUSS!!! List :D
Oh. *puts away pre prepared rant*
Dusknoir. It just gets a slight boost in base stats except for its most useless stats (Atk and Spe), has the same movepool and same ability. Although I think Dusknoir looks way cooler than Dusclops, would've been cool if it were introduced as a no-evolution Pokemon with a different movepool and ability than Dusclops.

And it even loses Mega Kick. D:

Me thinks Slowking asso.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Dusclops is better than Dusknoir now that he has an eviolite. Dusknoir only has a higher attack. Unnecessary much?

Cuddlebuns

So you do want Rhydon to lose usage from hard hitters and Lickitung to forever be a joke character?

Rhyperior is already rarely used (it's even outclassed by Rhydon with Eviolite) and Lickylicky is even more of a joke than Lickitung

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Since I can 't say the BigNoseMon:

Leafeon. There was Jolteon. And Jolteon is better, and looks better. Evolves easier. And isn 't this well, pain.

EDIT: I posted and then I reloaded the page and saw the post about Glaceon and Leafeon. Glaceon is acceptable, but LEafeon, on the other hand.