• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unnecessary Evolutions

Mateorafa

The Crobat Flyer
Well, Feebas is supposed to be more symbolic than it is biologically consistent. I think its based off of the story of the ugly ducking. Remoraid, i'm not sure about, I would have to look into that more.

Pokemon is just trying to say "don't judge a book by it's cover."

Nebbio

NINJA!
Dewott to Samurott is a pretty weird evolution. There was some sort of rumours thread a wee while back and it mentioned the Venonat-Butterfree and the metapod-Venomoth therory is something that has always been something I pondered.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Sorry, I speak English so I don't know what "evoultions" means.

Well, if you like Pokemon, you must know what "Evolution" means, so figure it out!(No need to block me. Trying to be defensive for Cyndacute12)

I never understood Seedot>Nuzleaf. A Seed to a ninja....wth?

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Dragonair to Dragonite. Dratini to Dragonair I can see, but then all of a sudden it changes color, has arms and legs, wings and looks so much different. I don't get it.

Aegon

Kakuna-Beedril?WTH?
C'mon! Just like all the other standard Bug-type Pokémon, it bursts out of its cocoon. Weedle covers itself and becomes Kakuna, a cocoon, while it grows inside. It comes out of the cocoon as Beedrill, just like how butterflies in real-life work (Caterpie -> Butterfree).

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
I think Ferroseed should evolve into something else before it evolves into Ferrothorn.I think it's a big leap.
Kakuna-Beedril?WTH?

That actually kinda makes sense; it looks like they were trying to vaguely go off the wasp life cycle.

That Rhydon evolution...argh.
The biggest one would still have to be Magikarp into Gyrados. B)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I never thought that any of the dragon evolutions made sense lol I mean think about it. Dratini to Dragonite, Horsea to Kingdra, I guess I can kinda see that, Trapinch to Flygon, Swablu to Altaria, Bagon to Salamence, Gible to Garchomp, Axew to Haxorus, I'm sure I missed some but I think its so funny that you train a Trapinch and ur like, "Oh its so common, wait it just evolved into a land dragon fly that's wierd, then a few more times, Holy mess! It turned into a frickin dragon!"

ShadowScar Knight

Mexican Buddha!
Diglett to Dugtrio.

Squish three Diglett together and you get Dugtrio. Yaaay... how's that an evolution? What if I just stuck three Luvdisc together and called it a new Pokemon?

At least with Magnemite to Magneton... it makes a liiiiiiiittle sense. Electromagnetic/technological sync for better efficiency. That doesn't stop it from being a lazy and unsatisfying evolution though.

Also, Exeggcute to Exeggutor is a pretty odd leap.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I find it funny how ppl call the newer generations unoriginal but the first had several instances of just sticking two or three of the pokemon together and calling it an evolution

Pokenoob3.14

Lord of the noobs
Actually kind of the opposite of the topic.
Why doesn't luvdisc evolve into Almomola? It makes no sense. They look almost exactly the same, and there the same type.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
I don't understand how Clamperl evolves into either Huntail or Gorebyss. A clam into an eel? How does that make sense?

PoliSWAG

Banned
Well, if you like Pokemon, you must know what "Evolution" means, so figure it out!(No need to block me. Trying to be defensive for Cyndacute12)

I never understood Seedot>Nuzleaf. A Seed to a ninja....wth?

yo junior learn how to read

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Definetly the Axew evolution line. I really think that Fraxure looks nothing like Haxorus. I also believe that the evolutionary line should be part Bug also. But that may not have happened because of the advantage on Hydreigon.