• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unnecessary Pokemon?

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
What Pokemon do you think shouldn't have been made?
I think Probopass, maybe. It's the ugliest Pokemon, and although Nosepass needed an evolution, I think Nintendo could have done better than ;476;

Ammako

Without Magikarp and Hoppip we wouldn't get Gyarados and Jumpluff...

Really, the weak Pokémon are there for a reason, because otherwise every Pokémon would be strong.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Without Magikarp and Hoppip we wouldn't get Gyarados and Jumpluff...

Really, the weak Pokémon are there for a reason, because otherwise every Pokémon would be strong.
Yes, and also, Magikarp exists to be ridiculed, so it DOES have a good reason to have been made.

DS lite man

magikarp and hoppip since they don't do much

oh ya nothing.....just evolve.

they're fine where they are and the serve their perpouses

now something like QUILFISH on the other hand now HE'S unnessisary.

coolespeon

I dont know.
Bidoof, it´s useless for me, I just trained it to level 4 or 5.
I can´t think of another one.

Josiah

is your favorite
Deoxys, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Phione, Shaymin, Arceus. They'd be less unnecessary if they came out in a different generation. They all just add on to the overly large number of legendaries, especially Phione.

pichu96

I also think Quilfishis useless, and it's a horrible Pokemon and it doesn't even evovle, I mean at least Magikarp and Hoppip evolve

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Deoxys, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Phione, Shaymin, Arceus. They'd be less unnecessary if they came out in a different generation. They all just add on to the overly large number of legendaries, especially Phione.
They're legendary, and they're around to have movies made about them.
Bidoof, it´s useless for me, I just trained it to level 4 or 5.
I can´t think of another one.
But it's awesome!

Last edited:

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
I agree on Phione. AND Qwilfish. Horrible thing. At least the bug pokemon are all a tribute to the reason pokemon was created in the first place even if they are weak and pathetic.

Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim though? Worst bugs, and completely pointless.

Mantyke must have just been made to tick people off. Why does Mantine get a pre-evolution before Kangaskahn? WHY? Hideous little creepy fish.

Crypted Wolf

Pachirichu, nothing but a gimmick, but by far the most useless Pokemon is Unkown!

tom-tom

Furret <3
nintendo created pokemon like magikarp, bidoof, hoppip, grimer, koffing, and metapod so we can have something to laugh at

p.s. i like all of those espcially grimer/koffing

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Porygon Z- not a bad pokemon, but is there any reason for it's existance? Porygon already got an evolution that made it stronger. Then even later they decided lets create another evolution for Porygon using the exact same evolution method as the last one plus change it's stats and give it a new ability creating an overpowered pokemon.

...Overpowered?
lulz
Porygon Z is BL/OU, isn't it? That would mean it's uber.
And every Pokemon has a reason for existance.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
... Pachirisu is a waste. It does NOTHING good what so ever. Also, Luvdisc and Medicham... I say Medicham because... well, it could've AT LEAST been SLIGHTLY more useful. It should have a third evolution stage, at least, because as a fully-evolved Pokemon, it doesn't work.

Ammako

Qwilfish was needed so that it is a version exclusive of Fire-Red opposed to Mantine in Leaf-Green...

And why should a Pokémon be fail because it evolves only once? That would mean Lucario is fail, Gyarados is fail, etc.