• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unofficial B2W2 Discovery Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

So I noticed at the beginning of the second rival battle we are standing on grass and he only has one pokemon. So this is probably the second time we fight him, so why only one?
Probably doesn't want his Purrloin to get her before he gives it to his sister.
...well that's probably not the real reason, but it's sweet enough that I'd like to think so

Bardische

Elegance.
Serebii was unsure of the translation...
"Rematch a Gym Leader"

Oh, wait:

"Watch a Gym Leader battle another trainer"

I'm kidding :3

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I also despise the new Gym Leader trend. The whole purpose of trainers in the wild was to introduce you to the local Pokemon that can be found in the area. That's not the purpose of a Gym Leader. A Gym Leader is supposed to have interesting Pokemon early on that you encounter later as common or mainstream. Whitney's Miltank, Bugsy's Scyther, Misty's Starmie, even Brock's Onix are glimpses into a more masterful world.

I don't look at a Patrat or Lillipup and think "Wow, he's a master". I should not be able to have a better team than Cheren at his own level.
Ugh, this. C'mon, GameFreak. If these people are so awesome, why do their Pokemon suck? I want to see Roxanne's Nosepass, or Maylene's Lucario. Give 'em something that'll knock my socks off, make me step back from my 3DS, and say "crap, I've never fought one of these before, what do I do?"

I'm pretty satisfied so far that the X transceiver is actually going to be useful in game.

Also, any news on Hugh's team?

Ver-mont

Ugh, this. C'mon, GameFreak. If these people are so awesome, why do their Pokemon suck? I want to see Roxanne's Nosepass, or Maylene's Lucario. Give 'em something that'll knock my socks off, make me step back from my 3DS, and say "crap, I've never fought one of these before, what do I do?"
Exactly. I mean, look at Cheren's team, a Youngster could use that. Or do better than that...

Bardische

Elegance.
I'm pretty satisfied so far that the X transceiver is actually going to be useful in game.

Also, any news on Hugh's team?
Definitely has a starter type advantageous to yours.

Exactly. I mean, look at Cheren's team, a Youngster could use that. Or do better than that...
Youngster Joey's shorts are laughing at Cheren's unnecessarily tight pants.

diakyu

Well... when is the second battle? Maybe he didn't find anything interesting to catch so far.
I would say it's somewhere near the farm area near sangi town. And Blue had a pidgey in his second fight, i'm pretty sue Hyu could've found something.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I would say it's somewhere near the farm area near sangi town. And Blue had a pidgey in his second fight, i'm pretty sue Hyu could've found something.
Clearly he's overlevelling his starter and just sweeping every Gym with that. We've never seen him with anything else.

When you battle him before the E4, it'll be something like Lv. 65.

Bardische

Elegance.
"Gym Leaders may not be at their gyms when you first get there"
Well, that's not really...new...but interesting nonetheless.

But if I have to look for Burgh looking for ~inspiration~ in Nacrene I will break my DS.

Yes. And Cheren's Patrat isn't even in the top percentage of Patrat like Joey's.
Lmao.

diakyu

What do you mean we might have to find them. They found us in B&W.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
I'm going to make a few predictions just for fun, then I'll be able to check back and see if I was correct or incorrect:

1. Drayden won't have a Haxorus. He'll have Fraxure, but not Haxorus.

2. Lenora is in the Elite Four.

3. Iris is Champion.

Grei

not the color
Told you guys Skyla was no different~
Guys I didn't know Chomper was in this thread

I said that on the other thread and people got angry at me :p
Haters.

I seriously don't get the get-Pokemon-available-by-now rule. It's as if the Gym Leaders all started from Nuvema or Aspertia, traveled up until their respective city, set up camp, and then had the people there say "uhh you wanna be Gym Leader?" Giving them Pokemon that we've almost certainly learned how to handle is making it a little too easy.

R_N

I'm going to make a few predictions just for fun, then I'll be able to check back and see if I was correct or incorrect:

1. Drayden won't have a Haxorus. He'll have Fraxure, but not Haxorus.
This is probably correct, due to him being leader 7. Unless the levels pick up the pace after Elesa, he won't get high enough to even reach BW1's undereleveled Haxorus

Status
Not open for further replies.