• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unofficial B2W2 Discovery Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
And it seems that nintendo has decided to release a 3DS XL, I guess that means we can expect the next pokemon games to be coming out in 3d then.

?

A thing have nothing to do with the other.
But I am waiting for Pokémon games on the 3DS, although I think they will be released only when generation V meets its end, probably in 2014.

They're probably going to wait until 6th gen to upgrade to 3DS.

Yep. And Generation V does not seem to be close to its end, judging by other generations.

Look at me agreeing with Bolt the Cat in something.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
True, I don't see Gen 6 coming out until at least 2014. But with the large amount of Hoenn legendaries in these new games, some are questioning the possibility of potential remakes of gen 3. Also, if the BW story does indeed wrap up in BW2, what else would there be to do? Unless Plasma rises up again in BW3 and we see the formation of the original dragon...

ebevan91

Generation V has only two years, I really doubt they will release a new one so soon.

I think they're just trying to get all of the regions on one platform. We have Kanto and Johto on the DS (HGSS), and of course Sinnoh (DPPt) and Unova (BWB2W2) on the DS as well.

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Who says there can't be a two year gap with no games between B/W2 and sixth gen?

No one, I think? I did not say that we will have games in this two years gap, I said that the generation VI will not be released only two years after Generation V release.
There was a two year between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl, by the way.

What may happen in the next two years:

- Remakes
- B3W3 lololol
- Nothing

True, I don't see Gen 6 coming out until at least 2014. But with the large amount of Hoenn legendaries in these new games, some are questioning the possibility of potential remakes of gen 3..

Sadly what you said is true.

The thing is that there is hints pointing towards the remakes, but the legendaries in B2W2 points towards the opposite. All we can do now is wait and see.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Do they really care if they are all on one system?

Maybe, maybe not, but 3rd gen remakes on 5th gen mean more money for them to make 6th gen the best it can possibly be, since 6th gen will most likely be on the 3DS.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

Generation V has only two years, I really doubt they will release a new one so soon.

Technically, (based on purely the last generation) the sixth generation of Pokemon should start rolling in sometime around the Winter of 2014 (as in January to March). So that would mean only one-and-a-half year left. But, again, that's just speculation just based on the last generation.

EDIT: My bad, I changed "Winter of 2013" to "Winter of 2014". hehehe

Last edited:

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Maybe, maybe not, but 3rd gen remakes on 5th gen mean more money for them to make 6th gen the best it can possibly be, since 6th gen will most likely be on the 3DS.

They already have plenty of money for sixth gen. I'm sure they are in development right now.

Rio!

Composer
Especially if we're not seeing a Generation VI main series came until at least 2014 or later, that'd be nice if it did go ahead and release to the 3DS.

I mean 2 years down the road; that's a nice distance away. XD

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
They may just release a new Generation V game for the 3DS, I mean, the big problem here is that some are pissed with the games still being released for the DS.

They already have plenty of money for sixth gen. I'm sure they are in development right now.

Of course it is in development. Even if they want to release remakes, they must have started working on Gen VI as soon as Gen V stuff was complete.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

They may just release a new Generation V game for the 3DS, I mean, the big problem here is that some are pissed with the games still being released for the DS.

It should be interesting to see what Game Freak decides to do for the next Pokemon game(s). Will they release Ruby and Sapphire remakes next year? Or the year after? Or will they wait until the 6th generation games?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Roxie? That's what they chose for Homika's English name? Honestly, it doesn't really fit. But, I suppose I can get used to it.

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
Homika is named ROXIE

EDIT: Ninja'd again

Cobalt_Latios

Holy Crap! Nintendo Direct just confirmed through ENGLISH gameplay that Homika's name is Roxie!

I mean, the game's aren't even out in JAPAN!!

edit: aw crap, ninja'd

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
It should be interesting to see what Game Freak decides to do for the next Pokemon game(s). Will they release Ruby and Sapphire remakes next year? Or the year after? Or will they wait until the 6th generation games?

I am dying to know this.

Anything, if well made, will be very welcomed. If they keep the quality of Generation V in both game and Pokémon design aspects, I will be happy.
But I think more new Pokémon is very unnecessary right now.

Roxie? That's what they chose for Homika's English name? Honestly, it doesn't really fit. But, I suppose I can get used to it.

Roxie is nice, but... source?

Status
Not open for further replies.