• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unofficial Metroid Thread

MetaPheonixPal

Question for you people, idk if this has been asked and if has then maybe your opinion has changed.

What is your least favorite Metroid Game?

Haven't played a lot of them so I can't say but you people have played a lot more Metroid Games.

I wonder if Metroid 2 will ever get a remake, Hmm.....
It is the only game that isn't really openly available if those are the right words.
Metroid has been remade and is on VC, same with Super Metroid
Fusion and ZM you can get for Gameboy and aren't really that hard to come by and are really cheap online.
Prime Trilogy has all three games for the Wii.
So Metroid 2 is left out basically =(

Cobalt_Latios

Huh? This thread has been rather inactive... oh well.

I'm still working on trying to complete MP3:C on MPT. I've already taken down up to Helios, and will soon be heading to the Pirate Homeworld. Oy, I don't remember this game being so difficult... or long for that matter.

<C_L>

Maetch

My least favorite Metroid game would have to be "Prime Pinball". It's not a bad game, but it just seemed like a quick cash-in.

Most folks dislike "Hunters" for DS. I personally like it, though it could've been better. More boss variety, for starters.

Last edited:

Penguinist Trainer

you know i was really skeptical about the prime trilogy because i thought it was stupid to re-release games that are only 1 generation old.

well i got my hands on the wii trilogy and i am simply blown away. i honestly didn't think the controls would make that much of a difference, but i was wrong. I'm already 75% through prime 1 and 25% through prime 2. i had to try both to give it a fair review.

the games just feel smoother this time around. i'm finding it easier to maneuver and dodge attacks. i'm also finding the sense of wonder at exploring the environment much more satisfying with these controls.

Now i don't want to downplay the gamecube entries, because i fully recommend anyone who can't afford a wii, can definitely afford a $25 game cube plus the cost of the games. Yes i've seen them advertised that low.

in regards to my least favorite, i'd have to say hunters. i have nothing against the game graphically, or plot/characterwise. the controls just feel too awkward to me. that doesn't stop me from picking it up every now and then, it's just my least favorite to play.

i've never actually played metroid pinball, mainly because i'm not fond of spinoff/minigames. metroid was the 1st game i ever played and i'd hate to play a game in the series that didn't live up to my sense of wonder and curiosity.

on that topic, does anyone have any information on the upcoming metroid: other M? all i've seen is a trailer and a couple screenshots. i wasn't sure if there was anyone here that is more in the loop and have more detailed info.

Seiryu

Resident dragon

Of the ones I've played? The original. No, seriously. Even choosing not to look at the game from an objective standpoint, this is the case. I just...wasn't able to get into it. Between the lack of a map (the only one we ever had was the really tiny map that came in Nintendo Power's debut issue, and that only covered Brinstar and Norfair), the cumbersome password system, and the overall aimlessness of it all, it was just...not very appealing to me. And since we now have Zero Mission, which has everything the original had and more (sans difficulty, for the most part), why should I even think of going back to it? Obviously, nostalgia's not a factor here, so...

Of course, I haven't played Return of Samus, Hunters, or Prime Pinball, so I can't very well comment on them.

Also, I still haven't gotten to play my copy of the Trilogy. Haven't had a break longer than five days, y'know?

Last edited:

Tyrant Tar

Hunters, I suppose. I struggled with the controls the throughout the entire game, and couldn't get past Gorea (the final boss) 1st form.
And fighting the same two bosses over and over got annoying (as did the countdown escape after each and every boss fight!).
And you can only save at your ship, IIRC.
And the other Hunters just got to be a nuisance after a while.

...And I keep getting lost in the original Metroid game. And never once seen the fake Kraid.

Magmar Master

Of the Metroid games I've played the only one I didn't like was the original Metroid.

The lack of map makes it annoying getting around. I know Metroid 2 also doesn't have a map but since it is a handheld I can play it and if I can't find something, I can do something else at the same.

Anyone elso who doesn't like this about the game will probably find this helpful.
http://metroid.retropixel.net/metroid/metroid_map.jpg

The lack of saves is annoying.

Not been able to shoot diagonaly or crouch is strange after playing the other games. Again Metroid 2 also doesn't have giagonal shooting either but it doesn't annoy me in that game.(Although I don't know why)

maxxa

~her last bounty~
i had a weekend of playing gameboy games, which rock!
i decided to have a go at metroid 2 thinking i was out of practice and would fail, turns out i managed it in 2:19, i forgot how it all makes sense when you play it :)

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
What is your favorite Metroid game?

Fusion. Definitely Fusion.

How many Metroid games do you own?

Fusion, Zero Mission. I used to own Prime Hunters and the Original, but the former got stolen and the later just vanished.

What is your favorite track(s)?

Prime Hunters: Gorea 2 Battle Theme/Main Theme.

What are your best times for any game?

Zero Mission: <4 Hours.
Prime Hunters 6 Hours, 100% complete.
Fusion: 1:53, Special Message, 43% complete. <8DDDDD

Original Metroid/Metroid Classic (The difference is that one's for the NES (iirc) and the other's for the GBA).

Do you ever sequence break?

Not usually, no. I might on accident

What is your favorite boss?

Divided up into games:

Kraid - Zero Mission.
Gorea - Prime Hunters.
Nightmare - Fusion.

I've been recently playing Fusion, while I had a wee bit of trouble against SA-X, I managed to beat it and the final boss. Yay.

Last edited:

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
Quick noob question: I just got metroid prime trilogy and am currently playing metroid prime. (The first one). Anyway, I have scanned many things for my logbook, but I can't figure out how to get to my logbook! If someone has the answer, please PM/VM me.