• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unofficial Metroid Thread

Trace360

zzzzzz
Which entry in the series do you consider to be the toughest?
Prime 2 because some of the boss fights were annoying (Boost Ball Guardian)

Electivirus your not really the only who hasn't played super metroid, I played it on a rom but never finished it because I never got used to the controls =P

Cobalt_Latios

Oh, and by the last sentence do you mean the Shinsepark combo in Zero Mission?
Well, let's just say it was more of a generalized comment; the 2-D Metroids had their own little way of hiding expansions. I remember this one room in Fusion where you had to build up Boost, space jump, then land into the expansion. God that was frustrating. And the other one was obtained in similar fashion.

But I did like how they hid the two expansions in Zero Mission. The ones at the landing site? Where you had to Speed Boost diagonally to get an early Super Missile expansion, and then a Normal Missile Expansion?

(who else thought the Super Missiles looked a bit like springs?)

I commonly found myself without missiles in Prime 2. I spammed the Seeker Missiles above all else, except for maybe the Sonic Boom. Both were excellent spam material.
Yeah, I'm a bit too conservative: Power Beam/Charge Beam. If that didn't work, Dark/Light Beam, then Missile... you get the picture. And my philosophy still stands: when in doubt, scan. You can figure out a lot from that, and maybe prevent you from screwing something up. Oh, and the way Prime 2 was made, it encouraged the use of the Power Beam a bit more. Think of it; it's the only weapon in that game that doesn't have ammo (you know, I actually hated that aspect, until I found out how easy it is to get actual ammo for the beams).

~C_L~

savatoreloaded

Metroid's always frustrated me a little bit, mostly because I'm retarded and get stuck, and I could never figure out how to explore the rest of Crateria in Zero Mission.

Dusk

Dawn
Favourite Music
Vs. Ridley
Vs. Meta Ridley
Lower Norfair
Vs. Dark Samus
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption main theme (The creepy track really suits the atmosphere of this game)
Elysia (...Breathtaking)
Upper Crateria
Metroid Prime theme

I own every single Metroid game (except Pinball) and my favourite would have to be Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

My favourite moment in a metroid game would have to be the end of Super Metroid, when the baby Metroid sacrifices itself to Mother Brain.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I commonly found myself without missiles in Prime 2. I spammed the Seeker Missiles above all else, except for maybe the Sonic Boom. Both were excellent spam material.

Wasn't the end of that hall a dead end until you got the Power Bomb or Screw Attack?

Oh dear Arceus, the Sonic Boom. I spammed that thing like there was no tomorrow. :p Just because it looked so cool. *gasp*"Wow, it actually moves at the speed of sound!"

And yeah, you needed the Screw Attack, but I didn't know that at the time. Oh, the dramatic irony! :p

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Oh dear Arceus, the Sonic Boom. I spammed that thing like there was no tomorrow. :p Just because it looked so cool. *gasp*"Wow, it actually moves at the speed of sound!"

And yeah, you needed the Screw Attack, but I didn't know that at the time. Oh, the dramatic irony! :p

No, to progress in-game, all you need is Power Bombs. You can come back to that room later after getting Screw Attack to screw some screw blocks in the room so you have enough room to Speed Boost in either direction and break some blocks to get a few expansions.

If you:

Shinespark left after getting the obstacle out of the way, you will enter a large room with one or two Power Bomb Expansions.

Shinespark right after getting the obstacle out of the way, you will find an E-Tank.

At least, I think that's what it is...we're talking about that dead end in Sector 6, right?

kasmeargy

I think that's the one.
But didn't you have to Power Bomb & ShineSpark/Screw Attack in Sector 6 to get to the path leading to the B.O.X.? My memory might be a little fuzzy because that part of the game is a little annoying for me, but still.

Maetch

Yeah, but only the first two chapters can be trusted, as they were made by Nintendo. After that was fan-made, though some things from the fan-made portion can be trusted as well, such as Vogl and Keaton. (Mauk and Kreatz though seemed to be pulled out of the fan-portion creator's...place where the sun don't shine)

Actually, the whole thing was written by Yoshio Sakamoto, who pretty much controls the whole Metroid franchise.

So, yeah, it's generally considered canon.

Last edited:

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Actually, the whole thing was written by Yoshio Sakamoto, who pretty much controls the whole Metroid franchise.

So, yeah, it's generally considered canon.

That's a bit odd. Kreatz and Mauk seemed to be pulled from nowhere, and to top that, Samus prefers to work alone, yet...she LIKES to work with them.

Very odd.

On a side note, I finally beat Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Now it's safe to say that I beat every Metroid game out there, excluding First Hunt, of course.

And I loved how Dark Samus attempted to absorb your Light Suit as how it absorbed your Phazon Suit in Prime 1 as the Prime's Core Essence. Imagine what monstrosity that would produce...Annihilator Samus? Epic.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
So, Sylux is a loose end. Who wants some elaboration on that ordeal?

Cobalt_Latios

That's a bit odd. Kreatz and Mauk seemed to be pulled from nowhere, and to top that, Samus prefers to work alone, yet...she LIKES to work with them.

Very odd.

On a side note, I finally beat Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Now it's safe to say that I beat every Metroid game out there, excluding First Hunt, of course.

And I loved how Dark Samus attempted to absorb your Light Suit as how it absorbed your Phazon Suit in Prime 1 as the Prime's Core Essence. Imagine what monstrosity that would produce...Annihilator Samus? Epic.
Did you beat 100%? If not, get all the items, then post here. I'd like to see if you noticed anything... interesting during the end credits.

@EmberStar the Blaziken: Which Metroid are you referring to exactly?

~C_L~

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Did you beat 100%? If not, get all the items, then post here. I'd like to see if you noticed anything... interesting during the end credits.

@EmberStar the Blaziken: Which Metroid are you referring to exactly?

~C_L~

Nah, I already saw the secret ending on Google. :p

He hates Samus and the Federation. Why is that? Is he human or something else?

We don't really know. I have a good theory though, but since it plays a major role in my fanfic, I won't share here.

Cobalt_Latios

Nah, I already saw the secret ending on Google. :p
That doesn't count. It's far more rewarding to have seen it after having spent some time hunting down all the expansions. You will go for 100% though, right?

~C_L~

kasmeargy

We don't really know. I have a good theory though, but since it plays a major role in my fanfic, I won't share here.
Speaking of theories, I once read on Youtube that someone thought Sylux was Adam. I sat there for minutes wondering why and how they thought that.

That doesn't count. It's far more rewarding to have seen it after having spent some time hunting down all the expansions. You will go for 100% though, right?
~C_L~

I always thought Dark Samus was gone. Until I got the 100% ending. It had me upset at the time because I failed to get the 100% ending in Prime 1. I was about nine then, and assumed Dark Samus was a generic evil Samus. As I know now, I was wrong.
How long did it take you to generally get a 100% in any game? I'm sad to admit it, but I've only gotten 100% in two games. Prime 2 and Fusion, and they took me upwards of 12 and 18 hours respectively. I've never been a fan of speedrunning and item grinding at the same time.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Speaking of theories, I once read on Youtube that someone thought Sylux was Adam. I sat there for minutes wondering why and how they thought that.

Traitor, perhaps? Cleverly tricking the Feds? Personally, I'm against this overall theory, but I won't share mine; it will be in Dread (my fanfic, not the rumored game), and plays a major role in the story.

Zyborggian

Hunter HAXZD
Oh now I get why u changed your avatar. heh.
WHAT R YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT
Sylux is a black man and his ancestor is CYBORG.
not really
but I do Imagine his face as being dark skin with Mechanical add-ons like aradar eye, or something like that.
(mechanical addons because his face was injured
sort of like two face or darth vader)
opinion.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Oh now I get why u changed your avatar. heh.
WHAT R YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT
Sylux is a black man and his ancestor is CYBORG.
not really
but I do Imagine his face as being dark skin with Mechanical add-ons like aradar eye, or something like that.
(mechanical addons because his face was injured
sort of like two face or darth vader)
opinion.

Zyborg(gian :p), you helped me think of a new topic.

What is your theory of Sylux's (or any Hunter's) origins?

What's mine? Read my fanfic. The chapter containing that info hasn't been written yet, but it gives you something to look forward to in my fic. (it's too much of a spoiler here for those who actually read it)

Zyborggian

Hunter HAXZD
I suppose I will go ahead and say my favorite boss/music piece from the series. ORIG/Zero mission: -music Brinstar -boss Kraid Metroid Prime -music Omega Pirate Prime Hunters music VDO Gateway -boss Gorea Prime 3 music Meteor Theme boss Omega Ridley