• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unofficial Metroid Thread

kasmeargy

As for Prime 1, I may do another playthrough once I get the re-make for Wii; Corruption controls will make this game awesome! And for Prime 2.
Honestly, the controls were the reason I never really went back to play Prime 3. While they were relatively smooth, I was just so used to the controls of Prime 1 and 2, I never was able to play Prime 3 extremely well.
Oh, and one other thought: I know it sounds rather impossible, but how many of you wouldn't mind if they attempted to make a Metroid Movie?
~C_L~
Not sure how I'd feel about a Metroid Movie honestly. I suppose if it captured the mood well, I'd be fine with it.

What do you think was the hardest boss in Fusion?
Nettori, definitely. I always do a horrible job of getting out of the flowers.

Oh, and pretty good boss guide. More detailed than other boss strategies I've seen.

Cobalt_Latios

Here is quoting my boss guide, for those who need help with the bosses. I'm thinking of writing a Prime boss guide soon.

What does everyone think? I figured out the B.O.X. battle 2 trick myself. I'm going to put this in the first post along with my other guides.

EDIT: First post updated with my boss guides.

EDIT 2: Just fought Boost Guardian in Prime 2. It's easy, just dodge its attacks and have as much Light Beam ammo as possible.
I gotta say, it ain't bad.

I recommend people to check this out. Nightmare in 1%. Gives a bit of an idea on how to beat him without getting hit.

If it's alright with you, I'd like to take a whack at my own guide for Prime 1. Of course, it would mainly be the... "main" bosses.

Honestly, the controls were the reason I never really went back to play Prime 3. While they were relatively smooth, I was just so used to the controls of Prime 1 and 2, I never was able to play Prime 3 extremely well.
Depends if you were playing with advanced or normal sensitivity. With Advanced, it feels like your playing a true blue console shooter. Otherwise, it's like your playing Red Steel.

~C_L~

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Nah, why would I mind that you make a guide?

Anyway, my current report on Prime 2, second run-through:

I CANNOT believe I found this game irritatingly difficult once upon a time. Boost Guardian went down with ease, the Chykka was just long and not hard this time, and the Spider Guardian, though remaining difficult, was defeated on my first try. I know Quadraxis will be easy, and the Emperor Ing will be...just long.

I'm not getting 100%, but I'm damn well getting a LOT more than I did first run-through, including in scans.

In other news, Chapter Six for Metroid Dread is nearing completion. The chapter will be titled 'Blackout'.

SaulGCube

Aeroga
I hated the boost guardian, such a pain in the *** when i first played the game.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Oh wow, I got the 100% ending. I don't know how, I only had thirteen E-Tanks (I know where the last one is, I just refuse to pursue it because of that damned Sporb), one hundred-sixty missiles, and five PBs. I only got every Beam Ammo Expansion.

I beat this run in eleven hours. But I swear, I saw Zero Suit Samus at the end, and Dark Samus reforming near Aether.

Cobalt_Latios

Oh wow, I got the 100% ending. I don't know how, I only had thirteen E-Tanks (I know where the last one is, I just refuse to pursue it because of that damned Sporb), one hundred-sixty missiles, and five PBs. I only got every Beam Ammo Expansion.
There are only 13 E-Tanks. Not 14. Not sure where you thought that.

I beat this run in eleven hours. But I swear, I saw Zero Suit Samus at the end, and Dark Samus reforming near Aether.
I just checked something for Prime 1, turns out I have a run involving me having beat it in 7 hours. Although, that was the run in which I successfully pulled off the Space Jump early technique.

I actually got 100% in Echoes. :/
Same, not that hard actually.

Anyways, the forums were being dumb last night, but luckily I did save it, so here's the response I "cooked up".

Chykka was a kick-*** boss.
I remember when this one guy on M2k2 was able to beat it within 3 minutes (no joke). The video of it starts from the save point before fighting it, to the end of the first half of the larvae battle.

Wanna know what made it awesome? They had the song "Real Slim Shady" playing in the background along with the title screen theme of the original Metroid. They also used sound effects from the original Metroid to bleep out the swares.

@Kabutopzilla: Thanks. Though, it won't have the mini-bosses... or at least what I consider mini-bosses.

Okay, so the fact that I can write a boss guide for Metroid Prime mainly comes from my experience. I'm going from memory, and the fact that I haven't played this game doesn't exactly help. Then again, this is a great game, so I remember it well enough to bother writing this in the first place, savvy?

So, let's go!

Boss: Parasite Queen
Difficulty: Beginner (to the point where if you do know how, you can beat it without even scanning it!)
What to do:
Basically, you simply scan it to find out that it's weak point is the mouth, and just missile it. Charge shots also work. However, when the force field is in front of it, the shots will miss. Not hard in the least.

Boss: Flaaghra
Difficulty: Easy - Moderate
What to do:
There are a few different methods to beat this thing. The basic idea is to simply hit the solar panels with either Charge shot or Missile, then hit the bomb slot with... a bomb. This can be done in two fashions: 1) lock onto Flaaghra, then rotate around the boss whilst within range of the panels then hitting them as you pass. 2) a little trickier, but you can hit two consecutive panels very easily if you manually aim.
Also, it's recommended that between every 2 panels (there's only 4 anyway), you'll want to stun Flaaghra. This is done by either repeatedly hitting it with charged shots followed by a Missile, or by waiting for it to create that flora block and hitting it then with a Missile.

Ability/Weapon/Item: Varia Suit.

Boss: Sheegoth
Difficulty: Easy
What to do:
Like many bosses in this game, there's usually more than one way to take it down. Though Sheegoth is considered a mini boss in some ways (and sadly, yes it eventually becomes a normal enemy.), it has enough to it to become an actual boss.
First off, scan it. You'll learn if you read it that it gets weakened from being hit with energy to it's spikes. So, you'll want to get an opening to actually hit it. Fire normal power beam shots, or charged shots and simply wait for it to hyperventilate (while dodging ice shots and ice breath; both of which can and will freeze you). Then just fire Missiles at the mouth to take it down. Another option, is when it hyperventilates, you can also bomb the belly region. A bit more hazardous, but does about the same thing.

Weapon/Ability/Item: Wave Beam

Boss: Thardus
Difficulty: Moderate
What to do:
So, this one's a bit more of a challenge this time, and basically features a gigantic living mass of rocks. Oh, and did I mention the rocks are infused with Phazon? No? Well, now you know.
This is a relatively easy fight depending on how you look at it. The basic idea here it to blast off the phazon sections of it's body. However, Thardus has some nasty attacks. It can hurl boulders at you (phazon enriched, I might add), and is capable of sending a stream of ice at you (on the ground). To evade most of these, I find an interesting strategy can actually be found at the back of the arena. Those small rock formations aren't just for show; you can climb them. Basically, stay here and you can handle it for the most part. However, be ready to approach it when it goes into "Blizzard Mode" at which it'll concoct a deadly blizzard making it harder to find him. This is where you'll have to actually go up and fight it. It'll also roll around a considerable amount after each segment is destroyed. However, in order to even know about each segment, you'll need the Thermal Visor to actually see them.
I find the Wave Beam works well here: it has a limited auto lock on that I find rather useful for the boulders.

Weapon/Ability/Item: Spider Ball

Boss: Omega Pirate
Difficulty: Moderate - Hard (that's if you don't quite know what you're up against
What to do:
The irony of this game is making you think that it's not very difficult; up until you fight this thing. I sware, you may lose a few times before beating him, but it is possible to beat it. There's a few tricks to getting him right where you want to.
This fight is divided in three sections (Well, two, but I still consider the second part a two parter. Just read...). The first part involves actually blasting off it's phazon plates. Fire a Super Missile for these. You'll need four for each of it's limbs. Stay a reasonable distance from it; to close, and it'll pound you, to far and it'll launch missiles at you. However, staying at just the right distance will only make it ground pound. When it's not charging (holding a yellow sphere in front of it's hand), that's the queue to fire.
Once it's plating it gone, it'll become invisible (although, you'll get to see it's phazon enriched veins just prior to), and send in re-inforcements. You have two options here: quickly kill the troopers and then look for the boss, or flat out ignore the troopers and search out the boss. If you decide to kill the troopers, simply wait a moment and the Pirate will emerge at a phazon pool. This is where you attack it. Super Missile or charged Plasma Beam work well either way.
Interesting hint: it is possible to defeat this guy in exactly one round; when he goes invisible, stay near one of the pools and wait for it to appear. Basically, if you can time your Plasma shots well enough, he should appear twice, and you should be able to take it down quicker this way to.
Other advice: Try to kill it within the least amount of rounds possible; the more it takes, the more troopers will appear. We don't want that now do we?

Weapon/Ability/Item: Phazon Suit.

Boss: Meta-Ridley
Difficulty: Moderate - Easy?
What to do:
Well, it's finally time to take this dragon down. Probably one of the most deceiving of all the bosses in this game. Simply because you can exploit a weapon to kill him by quite literally holding down the [a] button. No, I am not kidding.
Basically, you're main goal is to hit him in the chest with Plasma Beam shots. Once he lands, you have two options: hit him with Boost Ball for him to immediately go into Land mode, or continue on to whittle down his health.
Once he's "grounded", he'll dash at you. Time your charged shot effectively enough and you'll get the chance to hit him with Missile after Missile. However, there's an easier way. If you've found the WaveBuster, simply switch to wave beam and fire the beam combo. And just hold it. This does work. Cheap, but it works.

... I'll edit this post for Metroid Prime in a moment. I feel rather tired...

edit: ^that right there saying I'll edit it... well, I'll wait to see if any of you guys think I should add some other bosses you feel deserve mention. Also, I'll do Metroid Prime later on today. Don't worry, I will get on it.

~C_L~

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
There are only 13 E-Tanks. Not 14. Not sure where you thought that.

Eh? Okay, I refuse to get the thirteenth E-Tank. I just know I'm missing one.

@Kabutopzilla: Thanks. Though, it won't have the mini-bosses... or at least what I consider mini-bosses.

Okay, so the fact that I can write a boss guide for Metroid Prime mainly comes from my experience. I'm going from memory, and the fact that I haven't played this game doesn't exactly help. Then again, this is a great game, so I remember it well enough to bother writing this in the first place, savvy?

So, let's go!

Boss: Parasite Queen
Difficulty: Beginner (to the point where if you do know how, you can beat it without even scanning it!)
What to do:
Basically, you simply scan it to find out that it's weak point is the mouth, and just missile it. Charge shots also work. However, when the force field is in front of it, the shots will miss. Not hard in the least.

Boss: Flaaghra
Difficulty: Easy - Moderate
What to do:
There are a few different methods to beat this thing. The basic idea is to simply hit the solar panels with either Charge shot or Missile, then hit the bomb slot with... a bomb. This can be done in two fashions: 1) lock onto Flaaghra, then rotate around the boss whilst within range of the panels then hitting them as you pass. 2) a little trickier, but you can hit two consecutive panels very easily if you manually aim.
Also, it's recommended that between every 2 panels (there's only 4 anyway), you'll want to stun Flaaghra. This is done by either repeatedly hitting it with charged shots followed by a Missile, or by waiting for it to create that flora block and hitting it then with a Missile.

Ability/Weapon/Item: Varia Suit.

Boss: Sheegoth
Difficulty: Easy
What to do:
Like many bosses in this game, there's usually more than one way to take it down. Though Sheegoth is considered a mini boss in some ways (and sadly, yes it eventually becomes a normal enemy.), it has enough to it to become an actual boss.
First off, scan it. You'll learn if you read it that it gets weakened from being hit with energy to it's spikes. So, you'll want to get an opening to actually hit it. Fire normal power beam shots, or charged shots and simply wait for it to hyperventilate (while dodging ice shots and ice breath; both of which can and will freeze you). Then just fire Missiles at the mouth to take it down. Another option, is when it hyperventilates, you can also bomb the belly region. A bit more hazardous, but does about the same thing.

Weapon/Ability/Item: Wave Beam

Boss: Thardus
Difficulty: Moderate
What to do:
So, this one's a bit more of a challenge this time, and basically features a gigantic living mass of rocks. Oh, and did I mention the rocks are infused with Phazon? No? Well, now you know.
This is a relatively easy fight depending on how you look at it. The basic idea here it to blast off the phazon sections of it's body. However, Thardus has some nasty attacks. It can hurl boulders at you (phazon enriched, I might add), and is capable of sending a stream of ice at you (on the ground). To evade most of these, I find an interesting strategy can actually be found at the back of the arena. Those small rock formations aren't just for show; you can climb them. Basically, stay here and you can handle it for the most part. However, be ready to approach it when it goes into "Blizzard Mode" at which it'll concoct a deadly blizzard making it harder to find him. This is where you'll have to actually go up and fight it. It'll also roll around a considerable amount after each segment is destroyed. However, in order to even know about each segment, you'll need the Thermal Visor to actually see them.
I find the Wave Beam works well here: it has a limited auto lock on that I find rather useful for the boulders.

Weapon/Ability/Item: Spider Ball

Boss: Omega Pirate
Difficulty: Moderate - Hard (that's if you don't quite know what you're up against
What to do:
The irony of this game is making you think that it's not very difficult; up until you fight this thing. I sware, you may lose a few times before beating him, but it is possible to beat it. There's a few tricks to getting him right where you want to.
This fight is divided in three sections (Well, two, but I still consider the second part a two parter. Just read...). The first part involves actually blasting off it's phazon plates. Fire a Super Missile for these. You'll need four for each of it's limbs. Stay a reasonable distance from it; to close, and it'll pound you, to far and it'll launch missiles at you. However, staying at just the right distance will only make it ground pound. When it's not charging (holding a yellow sphere in front of it's hand), that's the queue to fire.
Once it's plating it gone, it'll become invisible (although, you'll get to see it's phazon enriched veins just prior to), and send in re-inforcements. You have two options here: quickly kill the troopers and then look for the boss, or flat out ignore the troopers and search out the boss. If you decide to kill the troopers, simply wait a moment and the Pirate will emerge at a phazon pool. This is where you attack it. Super Missile or charged Plasma Beam work well either way.
Interesting hint: it is possible to defeat this guy in exactly one round; when he goes invisible, stay near one of the pools and wait for it to appear. Basically, if you can time your Plasma shots well enough, he should appear twice, and you should be able to take it down quicker this way to.
Other advice: Try to kill it within the least amount of rounds possible; the more it takes, the more troopers will appear. We don't want that now do we?

Weapon/Ability/Item: Phazon Suit.

Boss: Meta-Ridley
Difficulty: Moderate - Easy?
What to do:
Well, it's finally time to take this dragon down. Probably one of the most deceiving of all the bosses in this game. Simply because you can exploit a weapon to kill him by quite literally holding down the [a] button. No, I am not kidding.
Basically, you're main goal is to hit him in the chest with Plasma Beam shots. Once he lands, you have two options: hit him with Boost Ball for him to immediately go into Land mode, or continue on to whittle down his health.
Once he's "grounded", he'll dash at you. Time your charged shot effectively enough and you'll get the chance to hit him with Missile after Missile. However, there's an easier way. If you've found the WaveBuster, simply switch to wave beam and fire the beam combo. And just hold it. This does work. Cheap, but it works.

... I'll edit this post for Metroid Prime in a moment. I feel rather tired...

edit: ^that right there saying I'll edit it... well, I'll wait to see if any of you guys think I should add some other bosses you feel deserve mention. Also, I'll do Metroid Prime later on today. Don't worry, I will get on it.

~C_L~

It's pretty good, but Incinerator Drone and possibly Hive Mecha should receive a bio.

remake for prime 1? where did you hear that?

Not a remake, but a port to the Wii with Prime 3's controls. This is also going to happen to Prime 2.

I prefered Quadraxis. Giant Ing-possessed mech? WIN.

Quadraxis is the only boss in the game I consider to be "fun", unfortunately. :(

I'm borrowing the first Metroid on GBA from my friend, I want to try it but I don't think that it'll be the type of game I like, I'm not that fond of exploration games.

Don't start with the original; nowadays it's mainly for hardcore Metroid fans. Not many non-Metroid fans will find it amusing. I suggest starting with Zero Mission, Super, or Prime.

awlccl123

Well, yesterday I got Metroid 2. I've only got 1 E-tank, 2 missile packs, bombs, and the spider ball. I've defeated 2 Alpha Metroids. It's kind of confusing compared to the other 2-D Metroid games.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Got Prime 3 for Christmas. ^_^

Fun so far, i just
took out the 2 anti-air turrets. I hated killing Rundas. He was so frickin cool. ;_;

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
I'm pretty sure there are 14 E-Tanks in Echoes.

That's what I thought.

Well, yesterday I got Metroid 2. I've only got 1 E-tank, 2 missile packs, bombs, and the spider ball. I've defeated 2 Alpha Metroids. It's kind of confusing compared to the other 2-D Metroid games.

Yeah. It's a tad hard when sometimes the Metroids are well-hidden. But this game takes the cake if you enjoy exploration games.

Got Prime 3 for Christmas. ^_^

Fun so far, i just
took out the 2 anti-air turrets. I hated killing Rundas. He was so frickin cool. ;_;

Yeah, but maybe sigh in relief. Rundas may very well be the hardest boss in the game. But that's not really saying much, because it's possible to take him down in sixty seconds.

Tangelax-X

To one hundred!
Should I get Metroid Prime 1/2 on Gamecube or wait till they come out on Wii, and also what are the differances in controls?

Tangelax-X

To one hundred!
What are the differences in controls between a GCN controller and a Wiimote? Really?

Well controls between Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy aren't too dissimilar. I suppose what I'm really asking is how are the controls in Metroid Prime 3.

Cobalt_Latios

Well controls between Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy aren't too dissimilar. I suppose what I'm really asking is how are the controls in Metroid Prime 3.
So, you've never played MP3 yet? Put it this way, if you're playing on standard sensitivity, it'll be like playing Red Steel. Put it on Advanced sensitivity, and you'll see how this game got it's rating. Playing this game like any other FPS, while having [z] as lock-on, and this is definitely one to play. It does take a bit to get used to, but it's all worth it. Very smooth, and it plays a heck of a lot better than the first 2 Prime games.

~C_L~