• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Recnbtly was confirmed that the title of BWS2 19 is "The Unova League Higaki Topurnament gets Underway. Sushi decided one-month ago that the thread is only for the first episode of the league, meaning that the general league discussion needs to be moved to another thread.

This thread is for General Discussion of the League, basically who will win, who will lose, discussion about possible evolutions in it, the rivals' interactions in it. Basically threads that is about more than one episode away.

The other thread is about BWS2 19, and specualtion about will happen only in this episode.

Discuss.:)

EDIT1: To look about older posts, I give a think to this page.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?584725-BWS2-19-Unova-League-Begins-FIRST-POST
Please only talk about this particular episode, not about the big battles that won't happen in this episode as a possible. the latter is posted here.

EDIT2: Surprisingly, the league start in the first episode with Ash vs Trip directly. And we have two episodes for him already. Expect 3 vs 3+

EDIT 3: It's highly unlikely a 1 vs 1 because the Ash vs Trip battle is in the first episodes. High possibilities of cliff-hanger between episodes.

EDIT4: Stephan's Zebstrika and Kotetsu's Ferrothorn fighting a CotD because the two pokemon are on the right. Also, will be new information about it in Pokemon Smash.

EDIT5: Pokemon Fan revealed. With this match-ups.

Titles confirmed:
BWS2 19: "The Unova league Higaki Tournament begins! Ash vs Trip!!!
BWS2 20: "Fierce Fighting! Win through the rival battles!!!
BWS2-21: "Axew gets lost".
BWS2-22: Ash vs Stephan.
BWS2-23: Ash vs Kotetsu I.
Confirmed match-up:
With Ash
Ash vs Trip. Unknown round. (1/64). (1vs1) Asnd a scan says that Pikachu will win against Serperior.
1/32: Ash vs CotL I
1/16: Ash vs CotL II (Has a Darumakka)
1/8: Ash vs Stephan (3vs3)
1/4: Ash vs Kotetsu (6vs6)
1/2: Ash vs Virgil (Unconfirmed)
Without Ash
1/32 : Kotetsu vs Bianca (at least 2vs2)
1/8 (BWS2-21): Virgil vs Flora

Unconfirmed but highly likely match-ups:
1/4: Ash vs Virgil (6vs6)

The scans show the rivals in the league and the order they fight Ash: (Was misleading)
Rival 1: Trip
Rival 2: Kotetsu
Rival 3: Stephan
Rival 4: Virgil

Pokemon confirmed to battle by rivals:
Trip:Serperior (only)
Bianca:Emboar
Stephan: Sawk, Zebstrika,Liepard
Kotetsu: Riolu (Lucario?), Samurott, Ferrothron, Hydreigon, Swanna
Virgil: Vaporeon, Umbreon, Glaceon

Other participants in the League:
-Junior Cup: Marifuji (Heatmor), Hikozaru (Reuniclus), Rikio (Stoutland), Kenta (Golett)
-Club Battle Dino (who Ash's Palpitoad one-shooted), Antonio (who fought with Dino). Emmanuel (Scolipede)
-CLubsplosion: Flora (Gothorita)
-Bw 57: Katharine (Gothita)

Last edited:

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
I want Trip wins or reaching top 2. Let's pray for our favoritable participants, so they can reach into top 8.

I want Trip wins or reaching top 2. Let's pray for our favoritable participants, so they can reach into top 8.

So Kot, Stephan, Bianca, Ash, Trip, and Virgil in the Semi finals?

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas

Trip will so NOT reach the TOP2! he will reach Top8 max Top4!
my prediction
Ash vs Stephan
vs Virgil
vs Bianca
vs Trip
vs Koetetsu

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
So Kot, Stephan, Bianca, Ash, Trip, and Virgil in the Semi finals?

Of course >.<, we just pray more, guys :)

Trip will so NOT reach the TOP2! he will reach Top8 max Top4!
my prediction
Ash vs Stephan
vs Virgil
vs Bianca
vs Trip
vs Koetetsu

Up. I want them into top 16 or 8.

BTW, I wonder at the end of Unova League, N interrupts the league LOL

Last edited:

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
watch tobias return and beat the league again with a newly captured meloetta that will troll ash alot lol

shelldude400

Rival Order:
Vs Stephan
Vs Kotetsu
Vs Trip
Vs Virgil(Loss)
Bianca defeated by Trip/Kotetsu

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lmfao I would laugh so hard if Ash vs Trip was really early and a one on one.

deoxys4ever

pokeshipper
the wrighters should just let ash beat the league they never let him win any tournaments in unova and if they are planning on making ash win that's where a champions league arc take's place where ash will finaly grab his old pokemon including his charizard that recently has been poping in and of merchandise plus we havent seen the full unova elite four all we saw was caitlin where she was vsing cynthia in the pokemon jr cup so that leave's marshel/shauntal and grimsley too still debut in anime.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
This is possibly the most boring, underwhelming League I've ever seen in terms of anticipation. What exactly is there to look forward to? Ash doesn't exactly have a very League-worthy set of Pokemon right now, and with what he has it's unlikely we can get some good battles out of it. I find the rivals for this League to be sub-par as well; sure, the likes of Barry and Nando weren't threatening at all in their League, but at least the characters in Sinnoh weren't as so painfully dull and underdeveloped (well, most of them anyway) as the League rivals now.

It's going to take a big surprise to turn this around for me, and I'm not getting my hopes up for N.

BlueDragonfangirl

How many league threads do we need? We already have three open-.-

Whats wrong with that? Every ones just excited for the league is all.

HA I'd really love it if they got Ash V.S Trip out of the way early on. In my opinion I don't see the reason for waiting till the last battle, its not like they have a reason for this and Trip is already slowly changing without this battle meh.

I hope the other fights are after this, no I do not want Trip in the top 2. Let Trip get to Kanto Ash level, that'd be great for a first timer.

sSerenity

Except that Ash's team is a bit weak (No coverage move on Snivy / Oshawott / Pignite, no other stab move for Pignite / Scraggy, no 4th move for Palpitoad / Leavanny), only Unfeazant / Boldore / Krok / Pikachu are really good.

How many league threads do we need? We already have three open-.-

because apparently the others are episode specific and this one is league in general

k6666

Pikachu Fan
and wrter troll continue
trip beats ash in first round
then the league over and filler saga begin XDJK

i really want ash got top 4
if he win is okay but if he lost i want be top 4

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
This is possibly the most boring, underwhelming League I've ever seen in terms of anticipation. What exactly is there to look forward to? Ash doesn't exactly have a very League-worthy set of Pokemon right now, and with what he has it's unlikely we can get some good battles out of it. I find the rivals for this League to be sub-par as well; sure, the likes of Barry and Nando weren't threatening at all in their League, but at least the characters in Sinnoh weren't as so painfully dull and underdeveloped (well, most of them anyway) as the League rivals now.

It's going to take a big surprise to turn this around for me, and I'm not getting my hopes up for N.

How is Naoshi not dull, he is the most boring dull thing to ever step foot in the anime, Belle got more development than any other rival got in Sinnoh besides maybe Shinji, she got a lot of episode where she basicly is learning to be better, Shooti has been developed weather you like it or not, Kenyan got more attention then Naoshi or Kohei ever got in DP and by this I mean he actually got episodes for him besides battling episodes. Kotetsu and Virgil are new and on Naoshi/Kohei level with Kotetsu being a better character then those two(to me) well anything is better then Naoshi.

As a big Jun fan, a lot of this league rivals entertain me as much as him, the only thing we don«t have in the league isa Shinji vs Satoshi rivalry but we never had that before and we probably wont have it again unless its a total copy which would bore people.

The team is fine, Pikachu can give us great battle so Oshawott can give us great battles.

Not bored and really looking forward to the league, I bet if TR was sellingm candy there you would be more excited :D.

P.S: I always forget you actually had Naoshi has your avatar :D

-------------------

As for what I would like to happe.

Shooti beats Virgil

Satoshi
vs Random
vs Kenyan
vs Random
vs Belle
vs Shooti
vs Kotetsu
vs League only rival that beats him or have him lose to Kotetsu, anything but Virgil

I wouldn't mind if it was the first figth as stupid as that is, I would be pissed if it was 1vs1

Last edited:
I'm still wondering if we will see Burgundy & Georgia here? not battling but watching. The TRio isn't around for comic relief and I don't see the writers having a league without the comic relief, a role Georgia & Burgundy are perfectly suited for

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
I still think someone else random will win the league AGAIN.

Who knows? All I expect is some good battles mainly from Ash's Pokemon.

Dreamscape

My predicitions:

Ash...
...vs Stephan
...vs Bianca
...vs Kotetsu
...vs Trip
...vs Virgil (Pikachu will lose against Virgils Eeevee -> Virgil will win)

Final: Virgil vs Trainer from a new region, who win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.