• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova League General Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lost to Meowth in boots

Big difference between the two. Meowth was shown to be a battler, while everything we know about Eevee suggests it can't really handle itself one on one

ludiloco

I wonder if we'll see rotation battles in the league, 3 vs 3 pokemon, one in front and the other two waiting for the tag, that'd be cool.

My predicitions:

Ash...
...vs Stephan
...vs Bianca
...vs Kotetsu
...vs Trip
...vs Virgil (Pikachu will lose against Virgils Eeevee -> Virgil will win)

Final: Virgil vs Trainer from a new region, who win the league.

I don't think Ash will face all his rivals in the league, maybe Stephan loses to Bianca and then she loses to Trip.

For some reason, I want Bianca to win the League. It's about time that a girl manages to become League Champion. Otherwise, a female COTD.

It will leave me a bitter sensation if that happens.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Big difference between the two. Meowth was shown to be a battler, while everything we know about Eevee suggests it can't really handle itself one on one

Why? because it uses helping hand?I don't see anything suggesting it sucks at battling.

I don't think he would lose to Eevee anyway.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Top 64 : Ash vs Kotetsu | Bianca vs Stephan
Top 16 : Ash vs Bianca
Top 8 : Ash vs Trip
Top 4 : Ash vs Virgil

Or

Top 64 : Ash vs Kotetsu
Top 16 : Ash vs Trip | Bianca vs Stephan
Top 8 : Ash vs Bianca

^ That is what I prefer.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Top 64 : Ash vs Kotetsu | Bianca vs Stephan
Top 16 : Ash vs Bianca
Top 8 : Ash vs Trip

Or

Top 64 : Ash vs Kotetsu
Top 16 : Ash vs Trip | Bianca vs Stephan
Top 8 : Ash vs Bianca

^ That is what I prefer.

I prefer the first scenario, honestly. But everyone is entitled by his own opinion.

nuzamaki90

Man if Ash loses this League (which is extremely possible but I still have faith) the writers are just being total asses.

Why make Ash lose each and every single tournament/event he's participated in, in Unova, alienate half of his team, make Pikachu lose to a Lvl. 5 Snivy, and then, when the tournament he's been "training" so hard for finally comes up, make him lose that too.

It's like, what do we have to look forward to if he loses? Fairy-tale/Random-post stories that he will never remember..ever...ever...never..again (Orange League)?

vodor

Banned
Man if Ash loses this League (which is extremely possible but I still have faith) the writers are just being total asses.

Why make Ash lose each and every single tournament/event he's participated in, in Unova, alienate half of his team, make Pikachu lose to a Lvl. 5 Snivy, and then, when the tournament he's been "training" so hard for finally comes up, make him lose that too.

It's like, what do we have to look forward to if he loses? Fairy-tale/Random-post stories that he will never remember..ever...ever...never..again (Orange League)?
It because Anime Stuff are ******** who just let the Game stuff do all the publicity while they just writer whatever they want as long as they get their money.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It because Anime Stuff are ******** who just let the Game stuff do all the publicity while they just writer whatever they want as long as they get their money.

I don't see how making Ash lose leagues is be a marketing tool. Infact, I should think that him winning with his Pokemon should be a better advertisement.

RickHoenn

Banned
I'd like double battles rounds like those in Hoenn, they were cool. =)

Also a points system like in the Johto League (which remains my favorite to date) was awesome :D

I sincerely don't want a repeat of the Sinnoh League. Hopefully the writers are creative with Unova League..

If Ash loses to Eevee now... I'll lose all hope for the show

Really? OMG hopefully Ash loses to Eevee! =O **crossingfingers**

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

I'd like double battles rounds like those in Hoenn, they were cool. =)

I sincerely don't want a repeat of the Sinnoh League. Hopefully the writers are creative with Unova League..

Really? OMG hopefully Ash loses to Eevee! =O **crossingfingers**

The Double Battles were pretty cool, plus Ash has had major experience with Double Battles and Triple Battles so he'd rock in both. I think it'd be cool if the writers finally throw in Rotation Battles in the League, because imo, it truly challenges a trainer's strategy.

And don't count on Unova League not being a Sinnoh repeat, I could totally imagine N coming in with Reshiram blowing up the stadium.

Or even worse, Achroma..I mean Corless coming in with Genesect..

Or even worse worse...Tyson coming back with Meowth-in-boots

vodor

Banned
I don't see how making Ash lose leagues is be a marketing tool. Infact, I should think that him winning with his Pokemon should be a better advertisement.
But Then The Anime stuff has to create new Protagonist with new story, New Background and new personality !
They can't afford to do that much hard work .
No they can't !
They just want earn money without any hard work which is why they prefer to follow some stupid pattern rather then writing a better League Saga.

ludiloco

I don't know what's the big deal with Meouth in boots, it'd have lost if Pikachu was fresh, but the rodent had to deal first with that b*tch metagross that took down swellow and grovyle. Losing to helping-hand eevee in this league 'd be freaking unreasonable.

But Then The Anime stuff has to create new Protagonist with new story, New Background and new personality !
They can't afford to do that much hard work .
No they can't !
They just want earn money without any hard work which is why they prefer to follow some stupid pattern rather then writing a better League Saga.

They are not going to replace Ash, they had the chance but Ash and Pikachu are the main characters and staying until Pokemon games end And there is no pattern and it doesn't matter if Ash wins or loses, people will whine about everything.

And I like to see you write a better story since you know more than us

*sarcasm*

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The Double Battles were pretty cool, plus Ash has had major experience with Double Battles and Triple Battles so he'd rock in both. I think it'd be cool if the writers finally throw in Rotation Battles in the League, because imo, it truly challenges a trainer's strategy.

He's had one Triple battle. I didn't know one was major experience.

Triples and Rotation Battles should not be used in the league. They have had no true foreshadowing or usage that they will be in. It would be incredibly stupid for Ash just to lose because they implemented Rotational or Triple battles in the league.

RickHoenn

Banned
I don't know what's the big deal with Meouth in boots, it'd have lost if Pikachu was fresh, but the rodent had to deal first with that b*tch metagross that took down swellow and grovyle. Losing to helping-hand eevee in this league 'd be freaking unreasonable.

Do people really think he is going to lose against Eevee? O_O I mean there's always a possibility but with the info we got so far, it seems Eevee is not so much of a strong battler unlike Meowth who looked threatening from the beginning...

RickHoenn

Banned

Do people really think he is going to lose against Eevee? O_O I mean there's always a possibility but with the info we got so far, it seems Eevee is not so much of a strong battler unlike Meowth who looked threatening from the beginning...

Status
Not open for further replies.