1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Wulava, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulava

Wulava Let's Go! Staff Member Moderator

Discuss and speculate about the changes regarding the UNOVA REGION for Black 2 and White 2.
    Gameplay discussion belongs to a different thread.

All posts, whether speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Also, please refrain from talking about the RS remakes and the inclusion of Hoenn in the games!

Discussion of the said topics are not allowed and will be considered SPAM.
    --

B2W2 Unova In-game Map
    This is an enlarged and labeled in-game map of the Unova region.

[​IMG]

2. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Pokémon Sun!

While the ice seen in CoroCoro did seem to just be something the magazine made to cover up that part of Unova, anyone else think some places actually will be covered in ice? I certainly do. One small thing I noticed is that the webbing blocking Chargestone Cave is gone. Just some small thing, but I still felt like pointing out the small detail.

3. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

Hopefully aswell as the south western part.. we get more areas around the outside of Unova outside of the original cities and towns... Possibly having much more difficult routes too (in terms of how to get around obstacles ect.)

4. BroaddySN

BroaddySN We are Siamese

Actually, I'm kind of expecting to see more water. We have a beach area with Shizui, there are underwater tunnels, and wetsuits on the characters. Maybe the ice melted in some locations or something, because I'm seeing a definite abundance in water.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

I'm hope we get some new cities. Cities, not towns.
    8 new cities, if you know what I mean.

6. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

I agree I don't want half the region covered just some of it like around Lacunosa City.

7. 725roy

725roy ambivolent

I still think that the ice is fake, and they're just using it to cover up important areas. Aside from that, I think we'll probably be visiting some similar cities (Nimbasa will probably have to poison leader) as well as new ones. Maybe Undella did get a gym, or maybe not. As for the underwater tubes, I honestly think that It replaces Mistralton City. No idea why though...

8. Wulava

It's obvious, the ice is just placed on top to obscure things.

I really don't think certain areas will be frozen.
    It should be more natural -- Blizzards.

9. pyzirikov

pyzirikov New Member

What do you guys think of the first city?
    It seems way too small to be called a city, unless we're not seeing all of it.

10. Kass157

Kass157 Roaming Trainer

Compare it with Nimbasa in the map... it has like 4 buildings in the artwork but has many more in-game. And in the scans they show some areas of the city!

11. Wulava

The Unova map's official artwork only shows the important buildings in that specific area.
    Unlike the old ones where it was very detailed.

12. TheMaster327

TheMaster327 Well-Known Member

Not spam! Going back to the R/S games, when Kyogre/Groudon escaped to Sootopolis, that left the eastern Hoenn region with endless rain/drought. Maybe in these sequels, something similar happens with Kyurem, which causes the partial freeze of the Unova region, assuming the ice is real...

13. pyzirikov

pyzirikov New Member

I meant the close up of the place where you start out.
    Isn't it going to be a city?

14. Indigoodra

Indigoodra Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's possible (it's also possible it's just hail, but w/e)

Of course, I'm really curious about this whole thing. I took a close look at the scan a few minutes ago, and I couldn't help but notice that Opelucid happened to be "unfrozen". I just find this intriguing because in BW1, Opelucid was pretty minor, just more epic with being the last gym city :p It would be really cool if it was frozen...

Oh, and does anyone else think that Chargestone and Mistralton caves look awfully... blue?

15. Kass157

Kass157 Roaming Trainer

I think like many have said that the ice is a cover. Like Wulava said, I do expect Blizzards/Harsh Snowing.

16. ArmyOfOneIX

ArmyOfOneIX L'Cie

i hope anville and the other towns east serve a purpose this time along with new cities too

17. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Pokémon Sun!

We should definitely expect a host of Ice Type Pokémon to appear in this game, namely Snover & Abomasnow, if we do get Blizzards and such.

By the way, looking at the map, Nimbasa City looks pretty different from BW. The locations for the Musical & Subway look like they have revamps and most importantly, there is a building (the one that looks like the top of Prinplup's head) that kind of reminds me of the Battle Factory from Platinum.

18. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You know, I wasn't sure at first, but thanks to Sunyshore, I can confirm it.

The Entralink, it's dried up now, isn't it? And Nimbasa looks a little different.

[img139]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8499/560015923.jpg[/img139]

19. Wulava

Nimbasa is the same. Those buildings are the Stadiums, the Musical, the Battle Subway, the Gym and the Ferris wheel.
    The only addition in the game map is the yellow building besides the Ferris Wheel, and the building on the south entrance.

20. Indigoodra

Indigoodra Well-Known Member

Isn't that how the small stadium looks?

Overall, Nimbasa and Castelia look pretty much the same, but Driftveil looks really different, with those weird circles near the western edge? And of course Route 4 looks super urbanized, I imagine it might substitute while the Route 9 department store is masked? :p like a giant market?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.