• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

So sly
But you probably won't be able to enter until your champion so to me it just seems odd to have it there. However as you say the battle subway was in nimbasa and was open, so it could be there just locked until you become champion. Tbh it doesn't bother me that much, it just seems like a strange place to put it xD

The Mayor of Driftviel thought it would be great for the city and get tourism up.

Bardische

Elegance.
I don't think the world championship will be in driftviel. It just seems to close to the starting city. unless the world championship serves story relevance.

There's no path between Driftveil and the new harbor city (Tachiwaki City?) so you could expect the tournament to be a feature you won't be able to access until much later in the game. It's also speculated you won't be able to pass through Route 4 the first time around, and you need to go around from Skyarrow Bridge to whatever is available in Eastern Unova then go through Marvelous Bridge then Nimbasa. I think if you access the tournament, it's a post game thing. If not, then they could just have some default trainers to battle before you can start downloading new ones. Let's be real, Misty and Brock are always early for the party.

But you probably won't be able to enter until your champion so to me it just seems odd to have it there. However as you say the battle subway was in nimbasa and was open, so it could be there just locked until you become champion. Tbh it doesn't bother me that much, it just seems like a strange place to put it xD

You don't have to be champion to enter the subway. It's just recommended that you not take it the first time around because the levels of the pokemon are already 50 so by the time you beat the game your pokemon are normally in the 50 to 60 range. But you could access the Gear Station the first time you get to Nimbasa. I don't think they'd lock it in BW2. I don't see the reason until they happen to be implementing new facility style battles like rentals or single pokemon battles.

kemal07

We may just get to challenge normal trainers on our first visit to the World Tournament... maybe after the league, we get to face the GLs/E4s/Chmps...

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
You don't have to be champion to enter the subway. It's just recommended that you not take it the first time around because the levels of the pokemon are already 50 so by the time you beat the game your pokemon are normally in the 50 to 60 range. But you could access the Gear Station the first time you get to Nimbasa. I don't think they'd lock it in BW2. I don't see the reason until they happen to be implementing new facility style battles like rentals or single pokemon battles.

No you don't have to be a champion to visit the subway, but if it was with champions etc that would make more of a post league thing. If its in Driftveil they won't lock it out and as Kemal said we might just battle normal people until after the league which is a good idea, however if its just gym leaders and champions that feels more of a post e4 thing so may be placed somewhere. But we'll see anyway, i think its an awesome feature so will be interesting to see who else is coming back

kemal07

No you don't have to be a champion to visit the subway, but if it was with champions etc that would make more of a post league thing. If its in Driftveil they won't lock it out and as Kemal said we might just battle normal people until after the league which is a good idea, however if its just gym leaders and champions that feels more of a post e4 thing so may be placed somewhere. But we'll see anyway, i think its an awesome feature so will be interesting to see who else is coming back

Well it does seem to make the most sense... But I'm sure it is that building south of Driftveil

silicon

Swordsman
In the Anime it's going to be the Junior Cup. The legit Pokemon World Tournament could and is 99.9% confirmed totake place in Driftveil.

It's possible the building in Driftveil is the World Tournament building, but you're just making stuff up by claiming that it's in any way confirmed. We have nothing linking the two at the moment.

kemal07

I really want to know what those buildings in the second town/city are... you know... the building with the purple roof and the one with the red roof...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I really want to know what those buildings in the second town/city are... you know... the building with the purple roof and the one with the red roof...

It is interesting that we literally know nothing about the second town/city. Not even a screenshot. I fear that they might pull another Accumula... hopefully not.

kemal07

It is interesting that we literally know nothing about the second town/city. Not even a screenshot. I fear that they might pull another Accumula... hopefully not.

I hope it isn't the case of... 'Oh Accumula is more awesome now in BW2, so lets make the new second town/city boring' : D...

Even the buildings look interesting to me based on the map...

gliscor&yanmega

That's what I'm thinking. I was hoping it'd be where Cheren's gym was but...it's not.

Maybe we can at less first deal with Team Plasma there, which would still be the same as Accumula, but it's better then nothing. Maybe it can have more of a role post game or something...maybe N is there and we don't find out until near the end haha.

Ver-mont

I don't have much hope for the second town. With the exception of Viridian, they never have anything particularly interesting... Cherrygrove, Oldale, Sandgem (ok, there's Rowan's Lab, but we already have the Starter Pokémon by the point we get there), Accumula. I initially thought Cheren's Gym would be there, but since it's likely in Aspertia and we know Homika's Gym is probably in the port town... I think they'll pull another Accumula.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
Maybe the marshy area close to the Pokémon League will be a Safari Zone. Or maybe it will have some side-quest.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

What's so bad about that? I personally don't have a problem with it. It's not like it wouldn't be any different from Viridian City (before battling the 8th gym), Cherrygrove City, or Oldale Town

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
What's so bad about that? I personally don't have a problem with it. It's not like it wouldn't be any different from Viridian City (before battling the 8th gym), Cherrygrove City, or Oldale Town

Maybe it's just a fairly big area compared to those locations you mentioned and nothing else significant practically happens after the whole ordeal with the villainous team? I mean, Viridian had the Gym, Cherrygrove had a beach you could Surf on and Oldale, though it isn't as equally significant, is justified by the fact that it doesn't look like it should contain much. I dunno. I personally think Accumula is a shame.

kemal07

I really want to see whether the League's interior design has changed ... I didn't really like it...

I wonder how much the Elite's Rooms will change... as I can't find anything negative to say about the designs or imagine any improvements...

Ver-mont

I really want to see whether the League's interior design has changed ... I didn't really like it...

I wonder how much the Elite's Rooms will change... as I can't find anything negative to say about the designs or imagine any improvements...

I kinda like the Pokémon League itself. That classic look combined with the fact it's completely empty gives off a somewhat uneasy feeling that's very appropriate. And I like the Champion's building, stairwell and all (and it looks very Saint Seiya-ish, now that I'm thinking about it).

But I hated being able to choose the order of the Elite Four, and I think their rooms were a little over the top, so the only improvement I can imagine is making them... "smaller", simpler. They're still supposed to be battle rooms, but look at Shauntal's for example. In fact, I think Marshal is the only one with a room that doesn't look more like his house than a battle room. Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver had the perfect Elite Four rooms, they should have that style.

Kall El

..Silence..
It's hard to see how they can improve the Elite four rooms unless they're changes to the member roster.
I actually enjoyed the level of detail in BW, but I do hope they make some changes.

As for the Town/City past Aspertia. Looks really interesting, it can't be anything like Accumula town.
It seems more important to me. Can't wait to see the role it has in the games and Unova.

silicon

Swordsman
As for the Town/City past Aspertia. Looks really interesting, it can't be anything like Accumula town.
It seems more important to me. Can't wait to see the role it has in the games and Unova.

The port town isn't what's being compared to Accumula. The small town with 3 buildings on the map between the port and Aspertia is.

Kall El

..Silence..
The port town isn't what's being compared to Accumula. The small town with 3 buildings on the map between the port and Aspertia is.

At what point in my previous post, did I say ANYTHING about the port city?
If you take your time to look at it again, you will notice that I said "Town/City past Aspertia".
- Meaning the location directly above the starting town of BW2!
Where on earth did you get the idea I was reffering to the Port City?
Next time, ready the post "properly" before posting assumptions like that! Good day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.