• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

silicon

Swordsman
At what point in my previous post, did I say ANYTHING about the port city?
If you take your time to look at it again, you will notice that I said "Town/City past Aspertia".
- Meaning the location directly above the starting town of BW2!
Where on earth did you get the idea I was reffering to the Port City?
Next time, ready the post "properly" before posting assumptions like that! Good day.

No need to get so snippy. I suppose I misread your post, I could have sworn you specified the port city, but I see your post doesn't say that now. However I disagree with your opinion that the town looks interesting, but to each their own.

Kall El

..Silence..
No need to get so snippy. I suppose I misread your post, I could have sworn you specified the port city, but I see your post doesn't say that now. However I disagree with your opinion that the town looks interesting, but to each their own.

I find that strange that you don't find it at least somewhat interesting but I digress it's your opinion.
That being said, we'll see when more information is revealed on the location - whether it's interesting or not!

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I hope it isn't the case of... 'Oh Accumula is more awesome now in BW2, so lets make the new second town/city boring' : D...

Even the buildings look interesting to me based on the map...

Yeah, none of the second towns really have any purpose. Viridian haad a gym, but that was only later on in the game. You don't do anything on your first visit.

I really want to see whether the League's interior design has changed ... I didn't really like it...

I really liked the E4's design, I wouldn't mind if they didn't change anything.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yeah, none of the second towns really have any purpose. Viridian haad a gym, but that was only later on in the game. You don't do anything on your first visit.

Well, there's Sandgem Town, which really served some purpose. Prof. Rowan's lab is located here.
It is also the hometown for Dawn or Lucas, along with his/her sister that gives information about swarms.

Farron

Then you've got Cherrygrove and Odale, so there's two pointless cities.

Also a little off topic but I just looked at the map for the bw2 games and did anyone notice that there seems to be a glacier creeping up from the south-west towards the new starting town?

Some ideas.

Things I noticed:

Opelucid City is a mix between B/W's Opelucid. (Could be a way to show the difference between B2/W2.)

To the right of the Entralink there is a is an airport with a hole is the ice next to it. (Could be flown to from Mistralton City...?

Same thing as Opelucid with the city in the desert.

The ice gets thicker in the top right of the map, where Giant Chasm is.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Things I noticed:

Opelucid City is a mix between B/W's Opelucid. (Could be a way to show the difference between B2/W2.)

To the right of the Entralink there is a is an airport with a hole is the ice next to it. (Could be flown to from Mistralton City...?

The Opelucid thing is a way to differentiate between B2 Opelucid and W2 Opelucid. The original map of Unova looks the same way.

Bardische

Elegance.

The map deliberately showed both variations of Opelucid so there would be no confusion to players who'd buy either Black or White.

That's what people speculate.

From what I understand:

~ You're saying Opelucid is in a desert now, which is extremely false.
~ You're saying there's a city in a desert, but the only thing remotely city like in the desert is Route 4. We still don't know if the area acts like a city.
~ You're talking about Relic Castle

This is a cute observation. But no, the ice doesn't get thicker or thinner in some places. It's all the same blurry ice in all the areas it's covering.

Does anyone think Anville town will do anything new in BW2?

I really don't think so. The best they could is probably include more trainers who trade more items, but seeing as it's not covered by ice, there's a likely chance nothing significant is going to happen to it. But I dunno. It could be flown to this time around. I personally don't like the town :S

Ver-mont

I'm curious to know what will be done about Black City and White Forest. Will it be the same thing as BW?

It was a good idea, but the execution was kinda poor. White trainers got a ton of exclusive Pokémon, while Black players got... more battles. Post-game. And the Trainers use the old Pokémon to rub them on your face: you can see them, you can't catch them. But well, the Unova Dex was expanded anyway, so I think that helps.

From what I understand:

~ You're saying Opelucid is in a desert now, which is extremely false.
~ You're saying there's a city in a desert, but the only thing remotely city like in the desert is Route 4. We still don't know if the area acts like a city.
~ You're talking about Relic Castle

I never said or thought any of those.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Does anyone think Anville town will do anything new in BW2?

I sure hope so. It'd be cool to actually have to go there for any reason.

I'm curious to know what will be done about Black City and White Forest. Will it be the same thing as BW?

It was a good idea, but the execution was kinda poor. White trainers got a ton of exclusive Pokémon, while Black players got... more battles. Post-game. And the Trainers use the old Pokémon to rub them on your face: you can see them, you can't catch them. But well, the Unova Dex was expanded anyway, so I think that helps.
It was frustrating in that after so long all the Pokemon went away if you didn't have anyone to connect with.

Last edited:

R_N

Anville is weird. It's a town where virtually nothing happens unless you want to waste time at the pointless swap meet. You have to specifically go out of your way to get there, you can't even fly there, and beyond the swap-meet all that's there is an absurd amount of flavor text for uniquely modeled subway cars that show up nowhere else.

At least with other useless towns, they're there as a buffer between routes or something

At least add some trainers or something.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Without the weekend market (does it have that) it's pretty much just a sight-seeing tour. I would like to see some trainers or possibly a story event there.

Farron

Do you guys think that the towns are just perpetual winter or do you think when we go to them, everything is encased in ice like in the b2/w2 trailer shows?

And im pretty sure Black City and the White Forest will be frozen too so, whatever its part of the story, maybe everything thaws out when Kyurem is calmed down

Bardische

Elegance.
I never said or thought any of those.

Clarify then. Because for me, your thought of "same thing with Opelucid and the city in the desert" doesn't make sense.

Please clarify because the sentence is giving me many theories as to where you're coming from. Relic Castle? The new Route 4? What 'city in the desert' are you talking about, and what does Opelucid have to do with anything? :S

diakyu

Do you guys think that the towns are just perpetual winter or do you think when we go to them, everything is encased in ice like in the b2/w2 trailer shows?

And im pretty sure Black City and the White Forest will be frozen too so, whatever its part of the story, maybe everything thaws out when Kyurem is calmed down
I think that you will visit some towns that will be frozen. But I doubt it will last. I see it as something that will change as the story progresses. Or the ice could still be fake and that frozen town is a one time thing.

Ver-mont

Anville is weird. It's a town where virtually nothing happens unless you want to waste time at the pointless swap meet. You have to specifically go out of your way to get there, you can't even fly there, and beyond the swap-meet all that's there is an absurd amount of flavor text for uniquely modeled subway cars that show up nowhere else.

At least with other useless towns, they're there as a buffer between routes or something

At least add some trainers or something.

Maybe they should have the Leader rematches happen there. It would be a good reason to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.