• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurath8

There's a new yellow building next to the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa city. Maybe it's that new movie thing that's been shown in the trailer. That had also had a yellow building if I remember. I hope it replaces Musicals though. They were utterly useless.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
There's a new yellow building next to the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa city. Maybe it's that new movie thing that's been shown in the trailer. That had also had a yellow building if I remember. I hope it replaces Musicals though. They were utterly useless.

Nope. The movie house is located here: MovieHouse.jpg
Notice the blue door, green posts, white signboard, and black boxes on each side of the building on the map.

have you noticed the second airport?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Unova_world_map.png i know its anime but still its on a landmass BUT its massive so their is possible of a nother new rejon mabie gen 6 acting as a sort of johto while this is the kanto if you get what i'm saying?

Yes, we noticed that airport and it has been pointed out several times before. It could have a purpose, or simply an aesthetic.

We know Unova is a part of a bigger landmass, but that map cannot be considered directly canon to the games.
I get what you mean that the region in Gen 6 would offer the possibility of allowing us to travel back in Unova, assuming it is directly west or north of Unova.

immewnity

Owner of PidgiNet
That "high-res" map isn't at all high-res. Someone took the map we had, upscaled it (3x), and did some effects to it (looks like an oil paint effect and some sharpening).

Please, don't excite me like that! :p I really thought we had a high-res map on our hands until I looked at it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Let's see.....some of these things may have been mentioned by someone else.

From the huge version of the B/W 2 map, what I can see are

1. Oddly enough, the shape of the middle Castelia port is changed, but not the others. I'm very sure none of them match the shape in-game, so why only the middle port gets changed?

2. The entrance to Twist Mountain is still there, but with Icirrus seemingly gone while Mistralton remains (ironic, considering Icirrus is "the Ice city" while Mistralton is "the Flying city", and Flying is weak to Ice) then I don't know what is on the other end. There's definitely something else on the other end, though. And oh, the Moor is still there.

3. Nacrene seems to be still on its place, while Accumula and Nuvema are definitely still there. But both Striaton AND the Dreamyard seems to be missing, and on their place there seems to be....something. A building maybe, it looks like a mercusuar at first glance, but I don't know for sure what it actually is. But something is definitely there, and that's not the Dreamyard or Striaton.

4. Undella's bay (or Route 13) is missing, and there are two small islands replacing it.

5. Giant Chasm is still there.

6. Lacunosa is still there, but behind it there's something like a....waterfall?

7. Something resembling a lake is near the Victory Road.

8. The bridge that connects Route 10 with the Badge Check area....is broken. So how are we supposed to get into the Victory Road now?

9. Dragonspiral Tower is still there.

10. Black City and White Forest are still there, Landorus' shrine is also on its place.

11. I'm not sure if P2 Lab is still there or not.

12. Probably I'm wrong because the ice is too thick on that part, but it seems like Route 3 is no longer there, and there's a huge lake instead. So probably Wellspring Cave collapsed. I wonder where is the Daycare and the Kindergarten now.

13. There is a possibility of something behind Undella. The color of the area is not ice-like, but it is brown instead.....

14. I wonder why Entralink is changed. And I wonder if that is related to the plot :p

15. They've added minor details such as the ships on Castelia ports and the plane on Mistralton. I like it.

16. Either they've added the Undella houses into the map, or the Riches' Manor in Undella just got a major upgrade.

17. That yellow building near the Ferris Wheel, wonder what that's for.

18. While the Challenger's Cave is missing, the Shopping Mall Nine Dept. Store might still be there, since the Dept. Store is not on the B/W map either.

19. I like the changes they did to Route 4. Also, while Relic Castle is still there, but since the Relic Castle's tower that housed TM26 Earthquake seems to have collapsed, that means TM26 is now obtained somewhere else. Hopefully this time before the E4.

20. That small area carved into the mountain area above the Poke Transfer Lab indeed looks like a small airport, since there's a plane there. The theory about multiple map now seems likely, what if the plane is used to get into a previously unknown part of Unova? Or maybe it's just to carry us to the new Battle Frontier.

21. Battle Subway map. Anyone remember it? The red line goes all the way to the new starting city. But that still doesn't explain the brown line, which has two ends, one is in Anville, but what about the second one? There's nothing next to Anville on B/W 2's new Unova map. Also, the blue line goes straight into the mountain. Again, there's nothing that indicates the end of the blue line, even on B/W 2's new Unova map.

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Judging from the map, maybe you can physically go to the Entree Tree without needing C-Gear.

But I also am wondering this too, what about Black City and White Forest, will they still be in B/W 2 or since of the fact you can catch Azuil in the first route you enter that they're not longer really needed.

Hey, did anyone see the trailer? I wonder if Miccino has a role since I saw the part where the female character talked to it in a small forest area.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Judging from the map, maybe you can physically go to the Entree Tree without needing C-Gear.

The forest entrance near the Ferris Wheel is the entrance to Lostlorn Forest.

The bridges on the left and right side of the Entralink are also in the map artwork for B/W, yet they are inaccessible, and the Entralink itself accessible only via C-Gear.

But I also am wondering this too, what about Black City and White Forest, will they still be in B/W 2 or since of the fact you can catch Azuil in the first route you enter that they're not longer really needed.

well apparently they are still there, if my eyes did not deceive me when I take a look at the larger map.
Probably White Forest's Pokemon will be changed.

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
If they're still there, I wonder if they can still be influenced if you connect the original B/W to B/W 2 or B/W 2 only.
Personally, I didn't like BC nor WF all to well since the limited Pokemon and items you can get per person you invite back and the fact that you need certain people to get certain Pokemon you want.

... I hope they don't have the thing where if you never connected to another game, changed days, ect that the areas become nothing, I HATE that.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

1. Oddly enough, the shape of the middle Castelia port is changed, but not the others. I'm very sure none of them match the shape in-game, so why only the middle port gets changed?

2. The entrance to Twist Mountain is still there, but with Icirrus seemingly gone while Mistralton remains (ironic, considering Icirrus is "the Ice city" while Mistralton is "the Flying city", and Flying is weak to Ice) then I don't know what is on the other end. There's definitely something else on the other end, though. And oh, the Moor is still there.

3. Nacrene seems to be still on its place, while Accumula and Nuvema are definitely still there. But both Striaton AND the Dreamyard seems to be missing, and on their place there seems to be....something. A building maybe, it looks like a mercusuar at first glance, but I don't know for sure what it actually is. But something is definitely there, and that's not the Dreamyard or Striaton.

4. Undella's bay (or Route 13) is missing, and there are two small islands replacing it.

6. Lacunosa is still there, but behind it there's something like a....waterfall?

8. The bridge that connects Route 10 with the Badge Check area....is broken. So how are we supposed to get into the Victory Road now?

10. Black City and White Forest are still there, Landorus' shrine is also on its place.

12. Probably I'm wrong because the ice is too thick on that part, but it seems like Route 3 is no longer there, and there's a huge lake instead. So probably Wellspring Cave collapsed. I wonder where is the Daycare and the Kindergarten now.

13. There is a possibility of something behind Undella. The color of the area is not ice-like, but it is brown instead.....

14. I wonder why Entralink is changed. And I wonder if that is related to the plot :p

15. They've added minor details such as the ships on Castelia ports and the plane on Mistralton. I like it.

16. Either they've added the Undella houses into the map, or the Riches' Manor in Undella just got a major upgrade.

18. While the Challenger's Cave is missing, the Shopping Mall Nine Dept. Store might still be there, since the Dept. Store is not on the B/W map either.

19. I like the changes they did to Route 4. Also, while Relic Castle is still there, but since the Relic Castle's tower that housed TM26 Earthquake seems to have collapsed, that means TM26 is now obtained somewhere else. Hopefully this time before the E4.

20. That small area carved into the mountain area above the Poke Transfer Lab indeed looks like a small airport, since there's a plane there. The theory about multiple map now seems likely, what if the plane is used to get into a previously unknown part of Unova? Or maybe it's just to carry us to the new Battle Frontier.

21. Battle Subway map. Anyone remember it? The red line goes all the way to the new starting city. But that still doesn't explain the brown line, which has two ends, one is in Anville, but what about the second one? There's nothing next to Anville on B/W 2's new Unova map. Also, the blue line goes straight into the mountain. Again, there's nothing that indicates the end of the blue line, even on B/W 2's new Unova map.
1. The far right one also gets a new ledge, so that's 2 of the docks changing.
2.Iccirus City's there. The gym however isn't.
3.Same thing for Straiton and the Dreamyard. You can tell the house south of the gym is there, but that's about it. Looks like grass grew into its roads however....
5.Chasm has gone a bit north though. Probably to make it more accurate.
6. That entire area seems to have a general shift in geography. Boatloads of water in general.
7.That plus the broken bridge makes me think the league shifted its location.
9. The area around it has changed though, there is a definite renovation for it.
11.P2 lab is definitely there, you can tell by its roof.
12. You're not wrong, there is some kinda of body of water there. In general I think its safe to say either Kyurem froze the entire region and its stuck there, or it froze it and now the entire region is flooded.
16.Undella should have been upgraded to a city if we consider how the Shizui's gym should be there.

Aurath8

Nice list. I think the only thing you missed out is that Driftveil's Lighthouse has now disappeared. It's relatively minor but it might mean that Driftveil is no longer so involved in international trade and has become more self-sufficient.
Either that, or they don't mind boats crashing into their harbours.

ebevan91

Just gonna put this here. I really did not like Unova in B/W because it felt more linear than the other regions. Hopefully they can change that for B/W2.

Dooney

Could be nothing but I think I've found the location of the Elite Four or some kind of castle/battle facility. Or it could just be my mind playing tricks. Just above Opelucid City in the old Unova map there was cloud cover, which has mostly bee carried over to the new Unova map even beneath the ice. But that cloud cover isn't there, instead it looks like there's a building, kind of dome shaped with a steeple or something at the right hand side (perhaps both sides, you can see the other side due to the ice) and a lagre door and a sort of circular plaza space in front of it. Here's the pictures, I apologise for my drawing in the second one:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5715/unovaleagueannotated.jpg

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7376/unovaleague.jpg

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I like the enormous starting city, because the tiny starting towns were uninteresting, and I never went back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.