• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Any ideas where the road to the right of the pokemon center in Opelucid city goes? I was just looking around when I realized that the road is completely cut off. There's a big wired fence and some road work signs blocking the entrance. The map just shows trees and two rivers. It just struck me as odd because normally you only see those signs when your still working your way through the game and the game requires you to fufil some quest before you can progress to the next stage in the game.

That was route 10 in the original black and white. That route led to the original victory rd, but they were both closed.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Any ideas where the road to the right of the pokemon center in Opelucid city goes? I was just looking around when I realized that the road is completely cut off. There's a big wired fence and some road work signs blocking the entrance. The map just shows trees and two rivers. It just struck me as odd because normally you only see those signs when your still working your way through the game and the game requires you to fufil some quest before you can progress to the next stage in the game.

It led to Rt. 10 and Old Victory Road in BW1. Both areas are completely closed off in this game, you can't ever go there (I really wish you could've though, that would've been a great place to put N's Castle post game).

It led to Rt. 10 and Old Victory Road in BW1. Both areas are completely closed off in this game, you can't ever go there (I really wish you could've though, that would've been a great place to put N's Castle post game).

Did they ever mention what caused the cave-in?

Nope, they don't say a word of what's going on in that part of Unova.

It would have been nice to get some more information.

If they were to have added that back in post-game, they could have added another Legendary that could have potentially caused the cave-in and try to tie in a story to make it somewhat fun. I don't like that a region completely cuts off a section of it with no intent of using it. It's a waste of space to me.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
It would have been nice to get some more information.

If they were to have added that back in post-game, they could have added another Legendary that could have potentially caused the cave-in and try to tie in a story to make it somewhat fun. I don't like that a region completely cuts off a section of it with no intent of using it. It's a waste of space to me.

They could have done that with most of the legendaries. All too often in Pokemon games do legendaries appear with little or no explanation and you're just expected to accept it. I'm not saying that we should have entire sagas devoted to them, but just little side-stories would be fun, yes.

And speaking of that route... did Game Freak really think that just allowing the music to be played in one season would make up for them removing it for no reason? The music on its own is all well and good but it's just not the same...

They could have done that with most of the legendaries. All too often in Pokemon games do legendaries appear with little or no explanation and you're just expected to accept it. I'm not saying that we should have entire sagas devoted to them, but just little side-stories would be fun, yes.

And speaking of that route... did Game Freak really think that just allowing the music to be played in one season would make up for them removing it for no reason? The music on its own is all well and good but it's just not the same...

It really isn't the same :/

It would have been a nice place to bring back Groudon or something.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
It really isn't the same :/

It would have been a nice place to bring back Groudon or something.

I don't even want a legendary in there, I just wanted it to be accessible, even if it would have led to a dead end. Perhaps a short cut-scene with Juniper arriving and giving a short explanation why as to why a new Victory Road was constructed?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think adding a legendary is necessary, I think just putting the entrance to N's Castle there instead of New Victory Road would be sufficient.

Raro

Damn, was really excited about what would be in that cave... :/
Anyway, had my first attempt at the elite 4, died on the second pokemmon, haha... Any training tips? All of my guys are level 50-55

gamer_legend

Damn, was really excited about what would be in that cave... :/
Anyway, had my first attempt at the elite 4, died on the second pokemmon, haha... Any training tips? All of my guys are level 50-55

To be fair I was excited about Challange Cave when I heard about the Pokemon and it's apprentice to find out that Cobalion and Keldeo weren't in there.

Anyhow buddy raising for the Elite 4? Well if you're only looking for EXP I say grab a few repels and grind some rustling grass pokemon because in Black 2, Roserade gives out 3 SPC ATK EV's while Whismcott gives out 2 SPD EV's which can be so helpful and if you're playing White 2 Liligant gives an additional 2 SPC ATK EV's which'll turn you're special attackers into cold blooded murderers.

gamer_legend

I find it strange that Gamefreak would take out route 10 and Challenger's Cave without explaining why the cave in happened or why they took out those two areas in general.

If I were to hazard a guess it might have something to do with the Giant Castle that popped out of the ground at the summit of the mountain (Victory Road) over Route 10 then collapsed because it turns out when a castle weighs more than the foundation it's built on it's very susceptible to wear and tear.

That's why N is such an awesome villain he doesn't care about stuff like structual integrity as long as he puts his point across (standing above all trainers in Unova) and when he lost just left it there. Man didn't even hire a surveyor.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It would just add some substance to the story of the cave-in
The cave in won't need to have happened, just that Rt. 10 and Old Victory Road are closed off until post game.As for Challenger's Cave, they could put another legendary there (I was thinking Mewtwo) and that would make it worth going to. And to make things more interesting, you'd have to access it by going west on Rt. 10 (heading across the bridge then back through the grass) while the old entrance is blocked by a one-way ledge or a Strength boulder.

They already have that Veteran guy from BW1, they don't need a tough trainer. What they need is a rare Pokemon, preferably a legendary.

They could have somehow made it multiple floors and have a different 5% encounter Pokemon on each floor. Pre-game, they could of had a miner say "We have discovered blah blah blah and due to unsafe conditions the cave will be unavailable until blah blah blah" and then just open it post game with more floors

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They could have somehow made it multiple floors and have a different 5% encounter Pokemon on each floor. Pre-game, they could of had a miner say "We have discovered blah blah blah and due to unsafe conditions the cave will be unavailable until blah blah blah" and then just open it post game with more floors

Yeah, but it's made to be a cave with powerful Pokemon and stuff, so it's perfect for a legendary. Frankly, I'm more surprised there isn't one waiting for you at the end.

tedturtle

As much as the battle Giovanni idea sounds like a good idea I would have preferred to battle the hero from black/white 1. It would have made a better impact in BW2 plus it would be like battling Red at the end of the G/S games.

Status
Not open for further replies.