• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova Rivals

Favorite Unova Rival?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
We have gotten quite a crew of rivals, and I assume we all have different taste. This thread is for discussion of the rivals, and what you like about them/not like about them. Feel free to comment on their teams as well.

PS: If you vote for a certain character, I ask that you please give reasoning for your vote, as that is much more conducive to a real discussion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Bel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuz she is funny and Emboar FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I vote Trip. I was not sure of his desgin at first but he had a deep voice and I started to like it when he and Ash had their first battle in the Don training thing. Second, is his profile. He is a beginner and yes he did beat Ash but Pikachu was what it was at the time and Ash was Ash so I don't blame him. Making fun of Ash was jerkish but alot of the characters in this show seems to have some sort of perception of where Ash is from. I however don't care about that. I think that the writers are trying to focus on Iris's and Cilan's rivals since they are not doing a competition of their own so they are toning him down from what they were doing with Paul. I also think since they didn't have Team Plasma, Hilda or Cheren on the show they had to make Bianca extra interesting and not turn her into just a blonde bimbo. However, I believe that if they made Cheren that this is what he would exactly be like because of how his story is done. If Trip was the same age as Bianca, I think things would be different. But I really never liked Cheren because he was annoying in the games. Trip is more tolerable in my opinion.

Torpoleon

I vote for Trip because of his Pokémon team (would like to see how everyone besides Conkeldurr is doing).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I voted for Stephan becuase he is the one I like his character development most, not to mention he is one of the few non-dickish but competitive characters and one of the few macho boys in the series(not men, mind you).

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I voted for Stephan becuase he is the one I like his character development most, not to mention he is one of the few non-dickish but competitive characters and one of the few macho boys in the series(not men, mind you).

Hah, I was about to say the same thing. Kenyan's (Not Stephan!) one of those characters whose battles I can honestly enjoy, he puts up a great fight and isn't a complete wanker about it, unlike, say, Trip or Burgundy. And even though he's a boy I have the most curious crush on him HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK BLOCKS

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that Trip is doing very little as a rival in general, and after BW034 it never really extends beyond simple banter?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I'm voting for Bianca. XD Her obsessions with different things are hilarious...when she would constantly chase Zorua around it reminded me of myself as to how I always try to catch anole lizards. xD Second would be either Langely or Kenyan. :)

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
I personally love all the rivals very much, but because of my undying crush on Kenyan, the vote was pretty obvious :'D I can never find his name-joke boring, just another reason to fangirl when he's all upset when people don't get it right, and I like how he constantly wants to battle Satoshi and beat him (same situation as with Langley-Iris and Cabernet-Dento), since not Bel or Shooti is really doing that. Oh, and he has muscles. BD

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Stephan is my favorite. He's a nice guy, he's smart(when it comes to battle, at least- not so much outside it), he's enthusiastic, he's a hard worker... And he has a "non-standard" design.

Bet I surprised a few. ;)

Georgia is my second favorite.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
I vote Trip because I like his floating Pokemon and Servine matches his personality.

Bianca is a mess.

I would be happier if Stephan was so husky. I liked Morrison's size better.

Georgia's okay. But She's a know-it-all.

And Burgundy's a chatter box. Might as welll be Georgia's sister. I don't like that they are so super close. Not alot of rivals before didn't have any interaction with someone else's rival. There was no reason to.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Pfft, you know we're all unsure about Unova when the Morrison lookalike is topping the poll. A small margin yes, but the truth still stands.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
I voted for Burgundy, as she is one my favorite parts (or few parts I actually like) of the Black and White Saga. She’s a crazy demon who makes me laugh with her ridiculous antics, and filled the hole in my heart when Team Rocket was changed. Her underdog status draws great sympathy from me as well. She wants to be a better connoisseur and battler than Cilan, who is both a main character and a trainer who doesn’t need plot power to win battles. Her entire love/hate relationship with Cilan is very enjoyable and funny and shippable. She was the first rival character to go through character development and we defiantly see that she is improving, if at least as a battler. Before she would blindly charge forward with super effective moves, but now we see her try out strategy, deceit, and defense as well. I long for the day she battles Cilan again and gives him a run for his money. Why do the writers makes us wait for such a long time to have her grace us with her presence?

tl;dr - I love Burgundy for her funny personality, relationship with her rival, and her development.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I voted for Georgia cos I love her English VA (Brittney Lee Hamilton), she has good attitude, does really cool reactions to Iris and she has awesome Pokemon (I love her Bisharp).

Georgia is definitely the coolest Unova Rival, with Bianca being my second fave.

I loved the Unova saga for having 3 female rivals.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Bianca, Georgia, and Cabernet. It's a tie between them. Bianca for her character and growth, she screams "main character trapped in rival role" how the heck am I suppose to root against her as a rival for the main character when her rookie status makes me want her to grow stronger and become the champion? Georgia and Cabernet are just funny as anything. Bratty hilarious girls and enjoy seeing them interact with each other and Cabernet interact with Cilan is always a plus for me.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
The only one I even remotely like is Bianca. The only three decent rivals in the anime were Gary, Ritchie and Paul. Trip is a rip-off of Gary and Paul, Stephan reminds me of Morrison, Georgina is just annoying and reminds me of Cassidy, Burgundy is alright though seems less of a rival now that she is friends with Cilan now.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I voted in Burgundy. It was nice seeing the "third wheel" with a rival and her character was really interesting to me. Also, she has Dewott hehe

But Stephan is currently in second place as it grew into an interesting rival IMHO

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I have to give it to Burgundy and Trip. They both bring real challenges and threats to the characters, I feel that Burgundy was alot of times portrayed as the under girl with Cilan and Trip losing to alot of other characters is sort of thrilling to watch. I feel that they will both get stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.