• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova's Challenge Team

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
This is my team I beat the game with, on my white 2. Don't suggest natures or EV's, thats all set and done. I'd like to see what you guys think of this team, and whether or not you think I could beat Benga with it. I'm not concerning myself with items, since whoever is being trained at one time gets the lucky egg. Anyway, here it is:

Samurott

megahorn
surf
ice beam
grass knot

Ampharos

cotton guard
signal beam/focus blast
thunderbolt
thunder wave

I will not delete cotton guard on this thing, it is a HUGE help.

Krookodile

Crunch
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Outrage

Ferrothorn

Iron Head
Power Whip
Bulldoze
Thunder Wave

Chandelure

psychic
flamethrower
energy ball
shadow ball

and, finally...

Braviary

Shadow Claw
Superpower
Strength
Fly

I need strength at various points in the white treehollow, so I have to keep that. I have shadow claw and superpower so I hit everything for at least neutral.

All help is appreciated. I know this team has a few weaknesses, but I'd rather not switch any of these pokemon for something else. I want to keep the pokemon, but change the movesets. Thanks!

KillerDraco

Actually you don't need strength in the Treehollow. It merely enables shortcuts and makes it easier to avoid certain trainers, but it is by no means necessary (I did it without, for instance). You could replace it with Return if need be.

And Benga isn't hard, so you can probably take him. Sure, his levels are higher than most run-of-the-mill trainers, and he's got some good Pokemon, but they all have easily exploitable weaknesses, you can still outlevel him, and he's only got three Pokemon (Latias, Dragonite, Volcarona) against your six.

Ferrothorn has no need for Iron Head. Even with Paralysis support, it's one of the slowest Pokemon in existence, so your odds of flinching anything are fairly low. You're better off with Gyro Ball, which can take advantage of Ferrothorn's low speed to reach its max strength of 150 base power. In which case you might want to drop Bulldoze and Thunder Wave, as they have negative synergy with Gyro Ball. Besides, if Ampharos already has Thunder Wave, you might as well go for a little diversity. Leech Seed would be ideal but it's an egg move so it's probably not practical for you. You can try Curse+Payback for a fully offensive set, since Curse's speed drop complements the aforementioned Gyro Ball. Curse+Toxic is also an option for stalling.

And I know what your opinion on it is, but I'll say it anyway; Lose Cotton Guard. It's really not that good, since it leaves a hole in your coverage by leaving you with two attacks, and with Ampharos's low speed, if something is going to hit it with a powerful physical attack, it's usually going to happen prior to being able to get the Cotton Guard off in the first place. Having both Signal Beam (or HP Ice if IVs allow it with decent power) and Focus Blast widens your coverage that much more. But, whatever.

You could also replace Grass Knot on Samurott with Superpower. You already handle water types pretty well between Ferrothorn and Ampharos, and the Water STAB dispatches Rock and Ground types already. Having Superpower can round off your coverage a bit more. Plus the stat drops are somewhat inconsequential as you can still fire off special attacks after losing attack.

Chandelure is pretty much fine but Calm Mind is an option over Psychic. Less coverage, but it lets you boost Chandelure's Special Attack to absurd levels. Either one is a viable option, though.