• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova's Survival Crisis (758)

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Agreed, and JJM LEFT UNOVA WITH GIOVANNI.

If they stayed behind in Unova when Giovanni left it'd be a different story. Anyone getting the impression the "real" TR finale will happen in Kanto next year?

It should be noted that Ash returns to Kanto after finishing up in every region he visits. In this case, your idea isn't farfetched in the slightest, Cyber. It could happen.

You mean an arc in Kanto or do you mean an ep based on Giovanni just calling it quits and opening a nice little restaurant near Cerulean City or something

You set yourself up for this. XD

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Amazing episode after a good first part. I can't find anything to criticize. I'm actually quite surprised that this worked out in a two-part episode, and it's easily my favourite Team Rocket plot in Unova.

The battle with the Therians was good, a much better improvement over the Kami episodes. I like how Pikachu absorbed Thundurus' attack and got the superpowered Electroball from it instead of using plot armour. I'm happy with the end of Team Rocket in Unova and how they're not dead or disbanded. I hope to see then soon in the future.

Also, the music for these last two episodes were great.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Oh Team Rocket, I can't go on without you. Don't go!

LizardonX

Banned
At least TRio wont appear anymore in best wishes. Here's to hoping Trio turns into Bob and cassidy and show up only in specials or a one off cameo from now on.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
At least TRio wont appear anymore in best wishes. Here's to hoping Trio turns into Bob and cassidy and show up only in specials or a one off cameo from now on.

Just because they won't appear anymore in Best Wishes doesn't mean that JJM won't be seen again. Just because Giovanni and his crew of worms are hauling out doesn't mean JJM are dying. Geez!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So did Team Rocket go back to Kanto?

Supersonicbro

it seemed like it.

About the pikachu comment, I really think that was an admiration type sentence, like someone else stated on here saying it was a "I'm gonna miss that thing" type comment. I didn't feel like they were plotting to get it again.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!

Yes, Giovanni specifically said they're done with Unova, so they should head back to HQ in Kanto.

About the pikachu comment, I really think that was an admiration type sentence, like someone else stated on here saying it was a "I'm gonna miss that thing" type comment. I didn't feel like they were plotting to get it again.

Only Jessie made it, James just agreed. And she was saying it to Giovanni, I think, basically as I "Pikachu is strong, we TOLD you so!"

Just because they won't appear anymore in Best Wishes doesn't mean that JJM won't be seen again. Just because Giovanni and his crew of worms are hauling out doesn't mean JJM are dying. Geez!

Er, JJM are part of that "crew of worms" too, y'know.

And I think they'll be seen again, in a Housou special or at the end of BW, but they are no longer regulars in the anime.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah, they could just revert back to Kanto Team Rocket for a while.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
OK, I found a translation for Jessie's line on a Japanese site, and it basically just amount to "That Pikachu truly is a very special Pokemon", with James saying "Yeah..."

That's it. NOTHING about what Team Rocket may want to do. It's also spoken very softly and dramatically, like an end line rather than foreshadowing anything

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
gotta tip my hat to the writers this episode was AWSOME!

I haven't seen brawling this intense since the second movie, man if only more battles were this intensive^_^

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
OK, I found a translation for Jessie's line on a Japanese site, and it basically just amount to "That Pikachu truly is a very special Pokemon", with James saying "Yeah..."

That's it. NOTHING about what Team Rocket may want to do. It's also spoken very softly and dramatically, like an end line rather than foreshadowing anything

Exactly, it seemed like parting words, reflecting on how 'special' that Pikachu they chased for all those years is.

I really liked this episode, it was amazing.

-First time in the anime Garchomp was having a hard time
-Is Dragonite finally going to fully obey Iris
-When Oshawott was crying, I find it funny that only Pikachu and Axew comforted him. Ash didn't even say anything :p
-Meloetta's gone now, well it was a nice run
-Team Rocket's going back to Kanto, interesting

I loved the Team Rocket Double Trouble ending, since it was filled with emotional scenes, the release of Arbok and Weezing should have been in there too. Isn't that the first and only time two main characters released their Pokemon in the same episode?

Supersonicbro

Aw thats what i was hoping it would be. :) thanks. but it kinda does make me sad thinking this may be it with them, with those parting words and the ending credits with them it's kinda on the same level as when brock left (not misty/may/dawn because they weren't on as long as brock)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This episode was pretty good lol although really TR?? Just gonna stand there -_-.

Unfezant ftw!!!! <3!!

Damn Dragonite's a total beast after this episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This episode was pretty good lol although really TR?? Just gonna stand there -_-.

Unfezant ftw!!!! <3!!

Damn Dragonite's a total beast after this episode.

Yeah, Dragonite, but he already was a beast! The dude threw Mamoswine without too much of a hassle! :p

Also, yeah for the TRio, they didn't do much here.. This was all Giovanni's show.

I wish my landorus-T on PO had homing stone edges, I would have won so many more games.

What? xD

I think the ending can be intrepeted in two wyas:

1) Like Agent Pierce said, this could be Team Rocket's parting episode, which could also be why they have shown the ending song. But as Serebii said, it could have been just a promo for the game he mentioned.

2) Ash might go to Kanto again, I hardly see this possible but what else is left in Unova to watch? Almost all game locations are covered...som something should happen in the filler saga.

This episode was good, but I will wait to watch it again in a good quality sometime later. This might be one of the episodes I would watch over and over again.

ALthough I must say Cynthia's Garchomp was surprisingly underwhelming. I am not a fan of her or something but it just weakens consistency. This episode reminded be Charizard V/s Entei. A fully evolved v/s a legendary is always fun!

Dragonite was amazing, even in the terror struck situation he maintained his bossy character, but then shortly reformed for Iris's sake. But if it were real-life I doubt if I would try to save my Dragonite like that...oh well Pokemon isn't real anyways.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
About the episode:

-I think that this episode is action-packed like expected. We shave some intense scenes.

-Although the Kami Trios deserves a little more, I like their appearances, specially when they are outting in the mirrors and transforming.

-I like that giant Electro Ball. And we know that Thundurus power-up Pikachu. This emans that a giant Electro Ball won't be thrown to Trip's Serperior or something because the latter is pure bad writing.

-Interesting that Dragonite obeys here. Could be definitive?

-TR are in Kanto now, including the TRio. I think that interesting.

I give two notes. One, like a 8,5/10 to the episode. But read that:

-I think sad the Meloetta's leaving scene like a departure. Specially when we know that Meloetta and Oshawott likes together. But I could give a 8/10 for the episode but something that happened four episodes ago:

Like you remmber, in BWS2 02 (why not BW88, the dub appears to continue Rival Destinies; today appears to be almost confirmed) was introduced the rivalry between Oshawott and Piplup because of Meloetta. And I know that where get resolved. In this part of the episode when Meloetta will leave. But because Dawn left 4 episodes ago that could be because in the Junior Cup she was a complete stale characters (note that in this episode the only "Cynthia's villa" characters that doesn't appear is Dawn. Cynthia, Jeremy and of course Meloetta appears and we stayed until the next episode in the villa.

The question is: Did Dawn deserves to be here? Or did she get stale before the two-partner to left in that episode?