• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova's Survival Crisis (758)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I'm glad that Ash saved the legendary pokemon Meloetta from Giovanni's clutches, and Unova was saved by him and his friends. I thought that episode marks the end of Team Rocket but then when I see them, they retreated after their latest plan comes in ruins and return in Kanto. It would appear that Team Rocket go back to their old goofy selves. Don't you think? What matter is that everyone was saved. Meloetta sure going to miss Ash. Its too bad that their going to their separate ways. I hope Meloetta that likes Ash will return soon about the Unova League Arc.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
About the episode:

-Like expected, the only character leaving is Meloetta. The event Meloetta has already ended last Sunday and because this the Meloetta promotion has ended and the saga is. Anyone is going to presume that Giovanni will be dead (like J then). TRio, Giovanni and Zager went into Unova saying that Pikachu is very powerful. This means that Team Rocket will return but not from the moment (basically before the league).

-The pacing in the episode is like I expected with some exceptions. The most surprising scene is the icescene. I never expected that. I was right about where Pikachu launched the giant Electro Ball altohugh I was wrong in predicted the scene of the Kami Trio though. And I surprising who late came the Kami Trio in the Therian Formes.

-I don't think that the issue with Dragonite is resolved but I think that the Dragonite part continues through this episode. Important to note that Dragonite obeys Iris and some part. But Dragonite isn't completely obedient yet. For other parts, I like that Unfezant battling in this episode.

Who things to note. Do you guys remember the Onix episode, for that matter? At least for me, I know where the writers put the end of Oshawott and Piplup in the first place. At the end of this episode. And she will leaving at the start of the next with Cynthia. The problem is that if in the Junior Cup is stale, you can imagine in a two-partner about Team Rocket. I said this because is sad (and very sad) about Meloetta leaving because Oshawott loves Meloetta. About Cynthia, she's also getting stale and stays here. But because Cynthia didn't need to travel with the gang (and because the TR 2-partner is destined to happen here beforehand). The good thing about Meloetta is that she said about the league location (because I don't see anything else saying that).

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Only saw the pictures since I'm at work but seeing the Dragonite Iris scene, it looks like a really cool/heartwarming scene, I smiled seeing him nod at Iris after she protected him.

BlueDragonfangirl

What an awesome episode! Good animation and the fight scenes were fun, Ash and Pikachu were at the top of there game here. Looks like Team Rocket might just return back to there old ways, which is what I was hoping for ^

Flashbacks had me going though.

RickHoenn

Banned
This was a great ending for TR arc, I don't mind if they revert to their old selves. 9/10

The Pokemon wars were great, Unfezant & Pikachu were cool and Oshawott farewell to Meloetta was cute/sad.

Hopefully Jessie, James and Meowth returned to Kanto with Giovanni and they don't come back until after the Unova League. XD

overlimit22

I Honestly doubt that The TRio will go back to what they were before Best Wishes. They would loose a Lot of development.

Somewhere in the Middle. Goofy, while being Serious while on missions would be perfect.

Anyway from the look of the screenshots it seems to be a good episode. But from the looks of it I can only feel it being a bit rushed and squeezed in.

PokeRhymeBeat

So Mitt Rome...err Giovanni is back in Kanto? Tbh if TR go back to what they were prior to DP I would be fine with it.

BlueDragonfangirl

I Honestly doubt that The TRio will go back to what they were before Best Wishes. They would loose a Lot of development.

Somewhere in the Middle. Goofy, while being Serious while on missions would be perfect.

Anyway from the look of the screenshots it seems to be a good episode. But from the looks of it I can only feel it being a bit rushed and squeezed in.

Kind of like how they were in Kanto? slightly serious yet had good amount of humor still, I'd be fine with this ^

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
It would appear that Team Rocket go back to their old goofy selves. Don't you think?

No, I don't think, since NOTHING indicated that. They showed interest in Pikachu again. So what? Remember, they did that in the Burgh Gym episode where they returned to white uniforms, and everyone thought they were going back to their old goofy selves then. And they didn't. They went after Pikachu several times while STILL being serious.

That's what would happen now, if it wasn't for the fact that TR is clearly getting written out as regulars here.

So Mitt Rome...err Giovanni is back in Kanto?

So is Dr. Zager and the TRio. Oh, and a politcal allegory? LAME.

Last edited:

Rohanator

Dayumn, TR make one comment of Pikachu and people automatically assume that it means they're reverting back to their pre BW selves. For me it seemed more like a "We're going to miss that thing, it really was a worthy target" comment.
Some great action here, glad Unfezant got to stay out for so long. And I knew Oshawott wouldn't get cheated out of a good bye. :)
I'm sure this isn't the absolute end of Team Rocket, but seeing that ending song gave me some mixed feelings of happiness and sadness. Is it a good bye? Or an indicator of what the future may bring? We'll have to wait and see. None the less, I'm going to enjoy it.
Best wishes, Jessie, James and Meowth! <3

No, I don't think, since NOTHING indicated that. They showed interest in Pikachu again. So what? Remember, they did that in the Burgh Gym episode where they returned to white uniforms, and everyone thought they were going back to their old goofy selves then. And they didn't. They went after Pikachu several times while STILL being serious.
Yeah. They freaking decided not to get Pikachu and instead use the opportunity to get away. That was one of my favourite Team Rocket moments in the entire show

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Agreed, and JJM LEFT UNOVA WITH GIOVANNI.

If they stayed behind in Unova when Giovanni left it'd be a different story. Anyone getting the impression the "real" TR finale will happen in Kanto next year?

PokeRhymeBeat

If they stayed behind in Unova when Giovanni left it'd be a different story. Anyone getting the impression the "real" TR finale will happen in Kanto next year?

You mean an arc in Kanto or do you mean an ep based on Giovanni just calling it quits and opening a nice little restaurant near Cerulean City or something

BlueDragonfangirl

I think they just wanted Team Rocket out of the way for the league, so many fans were upset with Team Rocket getting so much screen time over Ash and his battles at the league well.

Still think they'll re start some thing back in Kanto when Ash returns home and start doing same old same old.
Now like some one said we could get a filler arc in Kanto but if thats all I don't see Team Rocket going out that way.
Maybe an E4 arc?? I don't know k? Just some ideas.