• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova's Survival Crisis (758)

LizardonX

Banned
Tbh I used to think Dawn should have stayed but looking back all she would have done is stood around for 3 episodes, and then used togekiss in the last before leaving. While Seeing togekiss in action would have been awesome there really wasn't that much a need for the extra firepower.

Arceusgamer14

What the Hell Happened!?

Team Rocket just left Unova unharmed
WHAT KIND OF FINALE WAS THAT!?
I thought Team Rocket would disband!
What are the TRio going to do?
This isn't fair and I'm not satisfied :(

If there's one thing I hope for is that TRio should return to they're normal selves
Or the writers might be saving them for the 16h Movie!

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Dragonite appeared to be doing better than Garchomp.. I disliked that..

Pikachu got his little power boost before the league in a bit more intense way that usual, I liked that scene.. guess he's gonna be taking down something immense at some point towards the end of the league.

Dragonite was protected by Iris, but they both had to be protected by Pikachu.. Therefore we can assume that the dragon will from now on take all its orders from Pikachu, out of respect.

Overall I rather disliked the whole plot and I'm gutted that we said goodbye to Meloetta. I can only hope that Larry lets her do her own thing more and that she still appears to cheer Ash on from a distance, in the league stands. Won't comment on Team Rockets departure, since I firmly believe that they'll be back soon enough, after Ash is done with the league and returns to Kanto.

What the Hell Happened!?

Team Rocket just left Unova unharmed
WHAT KIND OF FINALE WAS THAT!?
I thought Team Rocket would disband!
What are the TRio going to do?
This isn't fair and I'm not satisfied :(

Nothing said they would die or disband. That was fans jumping into conclusion.

And two thing regarding the arc:

1. Two anyone who thought Ash would catch Meloetta, nothing hinted to a capture, plus why only him, what about his others friends. Can they catch Legendaries?

2. How is Meloetta a Mary Sue? You can't just throw random words just because you might not like her.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
2. How is Meloetta a Mary Sue? You can't just throw random words just because you might not like her.

Perfect singer, perfect dancer, beautiful to all, can calm almost anything, falls in love with the main character, her own magical girl transformation, no flaws, has two mascot Pokemon falling in love with her...

BUT HE'S A GUY.

Perfect singer, perfect dancer, beautiful to all, can calm almost anything, falls in love with the main character, her own magical girl transformation, no flaws, has two mascot Pokemon falling in love with her...

BUT HE'S A GUY.

But that makes no sense, plus a few times the song did not work and only Oshawott and Piplup were crushing over it, no one not even Humans. Seem more like hate on a Legendary if you ask me. And no one can be perfect.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Having read ALL the contents of this thread, I still dont understand why Giovanni left.

His plan flopped so he just quit the whole thing? Is that it?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
But that makes no sense, plus a few times the song did not work and only Oshawott and Piplup were crushing over it, no one not even Humans. Seem more like hate on a Legendary if you ask me. And no one can be perfect.

Well for me it's more of a joke someone randomly said "Meloetta was a Mary Sue" and a few friends of mine took it and ran with it.

RVD_fan

Meh, I didn't find this episode very engaging. The Therian Forms were cool but once again I was expecting more from Team Rocket.

Arceusgamer14

Well I just hope we haven't seen the last of Giovonni and Dr Zager in BW. They maybe done with Unova but they might moving on to they're next plan in the Filler Arc before Gen VI! Because if this is really the final saga for Team Rocket, then Giovonni and Zager must meet a dark fate or something! Besides, isn't Giovonni finally interested in Ash's Pikachu and plans to capture it to use it for a Bigger Plot than the Big Unova plot? I think the Final battle with Giovonni and Zager and all of Team Rocket Might be in the 16th Movie! This was just their final plan in Unova while the Final battle will be in the Movie I hope!

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Coincidently the episode were we first see Meloetta aired in America the same week this episode aired in Japan.

Janovy

Banned
I was so happy to see more Iris/Dragonite moments.

Now all the haters can shut up. They've pretty much been building upon their relationship and mutual trust ever since Dragonite's capture episode. Now, I can accept it happily if Dragonite starts fully obeying Iris. She deserves it.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I was so happy to see more Iris/Dragonite moments.

Now all the haters can shut up. They've pretty much been building upon their relationship and mutual trust ever since Dragonite's capture episode. Now, I can accept it happily if Dragonite starts fully obeying Iris. She deserves it.

Good thing I wasn't the only one that enjoyed that moment, I mentioned it soem pages ago since none seemed to care about it(Hatergunnahate doesn't count).

It hit me rigth in the nostalgia for some reason it made me remember Charizard.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
And thats it. Really?

The writers didnt give him any more speech to elaborate on that decision?

Glad I dont watch the show anymore, that sounds like a bit of a joke ending for such a big episode.

It was implied, I thought, that Giovanni was shaken after seeing his "true self" in the Reveal Glass. I agree, though, that the ending was completely weak.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I feel that Meoletta having a crush on Ash was such a waste... it's like the only purpose they could think of so that it could lead to this moment. I would have been find with her leaving if the only reason for her following the group was to stay safe from TR and find her way home, but neither happened. TR never attacked till later and she never went looking for her home

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
So...Giovanni ISN'T Ash's father? :p

Pretty fantastic episode. I was touched that TRio didn't even need to discuss their options before tackling Giovanni to save him.