• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unova's Survival Crisis (758)

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
This episode was very well done. My only minor gripe lies with the fact that simply knocking Giovanni off the pedestal to get him to stop being "evil" was a bit anti-climatic. I was also disappointed to see Meloetta leave.
Unfortunatly the writers had to have that kind of ending due to time constraints. I still think they should have made this a 3 parter.

Overall, this was a great episode- definitely one of the best in all of BW. Also, I can't wait for next week because that one's super good, too.

So many good things happened here.

-Iris and Dragonite bonding a bit.
-The Unfezant, Pansage, Golurk, Dragonite, and Garchomp bits. I loved those.
-The ocean being frozen. It was a nice nod to B2W2.
-Jessia, James and Meowth protecting Giovanni at all costs. It's not that it surprises me, I just like it.
-The changing of Formes was well animated, in my opinion.
-The Kami Trio acted like total bosses, which was good.

Also, something I fangasmed at while watching: At the end when Cynthia is talking about Meloetta and Meloetta dances around her, I fangasmed. It was completely adorable!

Battra

Good episode to end TR current arc in Unova, wished it could've been 3 episode so that the writing didn't feel rushed. Only problem's I have is Godchu showing up and saving the day again thus solidifying more of TR going after Pikchu cause we can't think of anything better to do with them, & would've liked if the Dub had kept the voice change for Tornadus. Onto the cross dressing episode.

Last edited:

RVD_fan

Probably in the minority but I really didn't like these episodes, the second half in particular. I thought the Therian Formes were underutilized, they were just sort of fighting in the background while the action was going on between Ash and Team Rocket. Also, if the Therian formes are such huge threats to all of Unova, why are they subdued by a ragtag group of Garchomp, Dragonite, Golurk, and Pansage? If they tried to attack Unova I'm guessing the combined trainers, Elite Four, and Champion of the region could stop them pretty easily.

Seeing Giovanni go power mad was cool, but he was defeated way too easily by Pikachu pulling that electro ball out of absolutely nowhere, and then losing his control over the Therian Formes just by being tackled. I hope we see Giovanni again because I think he deserves a better send-off.

I will say I enjoyed the Bakura cameo. Seriously, close your eyes and tell me that's not who you hear when Giovanni is going crazy.

Alli

Probably in the minority but I really didn't like these episodes, the second half in particular. I thought the Therian Formes were underutilized, they were just sort of fighting in the background while the action was going on between Ash and Team Rocket. Also, if the Therian formes are such huge threats to all of Unova, why are they subdued by a ragtag group of Garchomp, Dragonite, Golurk, and Pansage? If they tried to attack Unova I'm guessing the combined trainers, Elite Four, and Champion of the region could stop them pretty easily.

Seeing Giovanni go power mad was cool, but he was defeated way too easily by Pikachu pulling that electro ball out of absolutely nowhere, and then losing his control over the Therian Formes just by being tackled. I hope we see Giovanni again because I think he deserves a better send-off.

I will say I enjoyed the Bakura cameo. Seriously, close your eyes and tell me that's not who you hear when Giovanni is going crazy.

Well, to be fair, the electric attack Pikachu received from Thundurus when saving Iris and Dragonite was obviously powering it up with electricity.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
It was nice haha loved seeing ash get blown off his feet and nearly die lol and thebpart with team rocket wasnt what i expected, looked crazier in the trailer and expected more team rocket grunts in a action but that didnt happen :(, wellll meloetta is gone :/ she got annoying but was nice to have here around for a bit, she will be happier where she'll be with ridley

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Great conclusion to the Meloetta arc. This episode still reminded me a lot of the ninth movie with the undersea building and everything. It was also a lot like the Team Aqua and Magma finale with Giovanni getting possessed. Well, despite the storyline deja vu, it was pretty good anyway. I liked Oshawott getting all emotional about Meloetta leaving, it was so cute. ^_^ Team Rocket being reminded of why they're so interested in Pikachu in the first place was also great. I also like Iris finally getting through to Dragonite. About time.

9/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I remember how hyped this two-parter was over a year ago, and yet now that I've watched it, I can't help but feel that the whole thing was a letdown and that this episode in particular was just Kami Trio Therian Forme promotion and nothing more. The Abyssal Ruins were an interesting setting for this episode to say the least, but Giovanni's whole scheme felt really anti-climactic, and that's not even taking into account how he was beaten or how he just left without a proper climax imo. Anyway, I never cared for Meloetta so I wasn't sad when it left, but I did feel bad for Oshawott.~

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow it was cool seeing the Therian formes of the Kami pokemon finally hee hee, plus Giovanni getting possessed was neat as well. Iris' Dragonite seemed obedient for once and it's too bad that Meloetta left the cast. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was awesome to see Landlos, Voltolos, and Tornelos again, and Sakaki reminded me of Aogiri when he became possessed. It was cool how Kairyu, Gablias, and the other Pokemon charged toward the Kami Trio, but I realized how outclassed Desumasu and Koromori were. They should have evolved here.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, I rather disliked the whole plot and I'm distraught that we said goodbye to Meloetta. I can only hope that Larry lets her do her own thing more and that she still appears to cheer Ash on from a distance. :c

Alloutℯ

Banned
So Operation Tempest was the plan to control the Reveal Glass and the power of natural disasters so that Team Rocket would be the controlling force in Unova and be able to declare themselves rulers. If Meloetta sank the Undersea Temple, and Ridley's ancestors disappeared from history, does this mean that Meloetta accidentally drowned a bunch of people?

Leonhart

Imagineer
While Meloetta's farewell was sad, I felt more disappointment when the Rocket-dan trio and Sakaki departed. In the case of Sakaki, he seemed to give up his grand scheme too easily and retreated with hardly any fight back.

I enjoyed it very much, one big complaint though: Iris's Dragonite, a ticking time bomb of emotions, suddenly listens to her and begins to obey her all over a silly little emotional pep talk? I completely forgot about the other forms for Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. I should have remembered that when they showed the mirror. I felt that the conflict was resolved a little too quickly, but I suppose it can be made up for by that huge Electro Ball.

Scorbunnie

The Therain forms of the djinn Pokemon going crazy with Giovanni controlling them reminded me a lot of the second Pokemon movie where the legendary birds were wreaking havoc.

When Giovanni turned back to normal I was worried that he was going to leave the show for good.

The huge Electro Ball was awesome!!!!
I loved this episode. Poor Oshawott crying.
On to Season 16 and I'm dreading it ugh
The Best Episodes of Season 15: BW053, BW097