• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unown Hidden Power - Ice or Psychic?

GreenMatius

I'm replaying the Gen 2 game - specifically Crystal and in need of an opinion.

My planned team would be:

Meganium
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Delibird
Unown

From the list you probably know that this is a challenge and not a conventional team.

What I need opinion on is Unown Hidden Power type. I'm torn between Ice or Psychic.

Psychic HP would be a stab ability for Unown which give his HP a lil extra kick.

But seeing my team, I'll probably teach Qwilfish Icy Wind, since Delibird will struggle against most of Lance's Dragonites. That leaves only one Pokemon with type advantage ability against Dragonites. An Ice type HP might help even if not much since I doubt Unown can survive long.

So I'm torn... Ice or Psychic?

PS: Its possible to test Unown without wasting Pokeballs by having it attack certain type of Pokemon (For Psychic HP, I can use Ghastly and Unown and for Ice HP, I can test with Chikorita and Pidgey)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Maybe get both for the heck of it and switch out when need be.

Yep, that's a good way of handling it as well (testing things out).