• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unown=Uranus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXBlastBurnXx

I was helping my little brother looking at the symbols for our solar system for a school report, when I saw Uranuss planitary symbol, it looked like somekind of unknown, I was amazed, i never noticed this before. Discuss.

Unown arrow?

Toge Tamer

<- First Radar Shiny
I was helping my little brother looking at the symbols for our solar system for a school report, when I saw Uranuss planitary symbol, it looked like somekind of unknown, I was amazed, i never noticed this before. Discuss.

Unown arrow?

Looks more like the male symbol with a dot in the middle. It's purely coincidental.

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures

Unown arrow?

What is there to discuss? It looks similar, big deal. It looks more like a male symbol with a dot in the circle as the person above me said

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
well considering the male symbol is diagonal and not straight up, I'm gonna say yes it looks like the symbol of Uranus

I see what you mean.
I think there's a lot of coincidences like that in the Pokémon world.
It could be the other dimension the Unown live in is on Uranus.

Who knows. I think it's just a coincidence.

1ee7leader

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Ha! That does kind of look like an Unown. *shudder* I'm sensing a new 5th Gen speculation thread approaching :D

GoombaGeek

Begone!!

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Every planet has a Roman symbol, it's not suprising that somewhere along the line in history, somebody made something that looked similar to a planetary symbol.

PsyMax

Psyduck Roooooocks!!

Unown arrow?

Well in all fairness, I don't think the original poster was saying that the symbol for the planet was based on unown. I do believe this person knew that it was only through coincidence and they were just pointing this coincidence out. I can see the point, it's an interesting coincidence.

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
Oh, wow, a circle with a dot in it-then something else on it. The structure of Unown. That sign had to be the start of it.

By my sarcasm you should see that I think it is coincidencial.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
I love how people are trying there god-darn hardest to prove that they're smart "It's a coincidence. Nothing more", when really they're showing the exact opposite.

It's obviously a coincidence. The OP wasn't making a point that Unown were based on Uranus' sumbol, or vice-versa. It's a neat little find, that we're meant to discuss for a purely entertaining and slighlty intellectual purpose. :)

So, from that, the Sun's Symbol looks like it good be the Big-Boss of the Unown. Just a Circle with a Dot in the middle.

And Mars is the Male Symbol, Venus being the Female one too.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Coincidence.
I am really cynical if they even have a relation at all.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I personally don't think there is any connection between the symbol and Unown. It is probably just a coincidence that they resemble one another. Although this is an interesting point that got pointed out.

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
I saw that pic and wow it does look like a neat little new Unown. New Unowns for the next gen wouldn't be a bad idea but we're not allowed to speculate or stuff about the next one :( so cross er' off the record...

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
It's obviously a coincidence. The OP wasn't making a point that Unown were based on Uranus' sumbol, or vice-versa. It's a neat little find, that we're meant to discuss for a purely entertaining and slighlty intellectual purpose
Yes, lets discuss the find.

"Hey Jim, have you ever noticed that the planetary symbol for Uranus looks like an Unown??"

"Oh yeah it does kinda, cool. I guess..."

"..."

"..."

~The End~

Status
Not open for further replies.