• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unown=Uranus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's literally a coincidence end of story..

which unknown? the U unknown? sorry never seen the symbol

Golde

Always Searching~
The "male" symbol is actually (IIRC) the God Ares' Shield, with a spear behind it, and the "female" symbol is (I believe) Aphrodite's hand mirror with a comb crossing the handle.

That being said, I'm trying to remember which Unown you're thinking of..."Q", right? It's understandable, but I doubt it. I always thought the key-like stem represented the radius of a "Q", with the turning point being the start of the circle and the part coming past being the little outcrop on every "Q".

But it is fun to think about :p

deoxisthebest

Ice gym leader

jellsprout

Unown is shaped like a letter with an eye. It has nothing to do with Uranus or its sign.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
I really dont think there is any connection. It was probably just a coincedence. Although, it seems very unusual...

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
In my opinion, all planetary symbols look like Unowns when you stare at them hard enough >_>.

But hey, anything could happen. If they made an exclamation mark and question mark Unown, they could make Roman Unown as well. /sarcasm

Unown is shaped like a letter with an eye. It has nothing to do with Uranus or its sign.

True. Now i'm going to google that symbol.

Roseliamelia

*petal dances*
well, aren't the unown from a celestial space as well?

Skull-Kid

Ha! Great Title! xD

This thread is by far the bet trollin' I've seen on serebii so far! xD

youranus! XD

If it is trolling then they're failing very badly.

When I read this thread I though we might just be able to get throught tjis thread without someone laughing at the name "Uranus". I was wrong.

There are lots of coiccidences in the Pokemon games as someone pointed out earlier.

Nintendo do relate things to Pokemon like Hippowedon being based off a hippo(duh). So it the Unown could be based of Uranus as well.

Both are equally good answers.

Did I sound smart, Dante Falls? :D

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
well, aren't the unown from a celestial space as well?

You might say that, but they're more from a dimensional space. I'm pretty sure they have a Roman letter for their home, so no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.