• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unown Waking: Antilegend

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Now Iapetus took to wife the neat-ankled mad Clymene, daughter of Ocean, and went up with her into one bed. And she bare him a stout-hearted son, Atlas: also she bare very glorious Menoetius and clever Prometheus, full of various wiles, and scatter-brained Epimetheus who from the first was a mischief to men who eat bread; for it was he who first took of Zeus the woman, the maiden whom he had formed. But Menoetius was outrageous, and far-seeing Zeus struck him with a lurid thunderbolt and sent him down to Erebus because of his mad presumption and exceeding pride. And Atlas through hard constraint upholds the wide heaven with unwearying head and arms, standing at the borders of the earth before the clear-voiced Hesperides; for this lot wise Zeus assigned to him. And ready- witted Prometheus he bound with inextricable bonds, cruel chains, and drove a shaft through his middle, and set on him a long- winged eagle, which used to eat his immortal liver; but by night the liver grew as much again everyway as the long-winged bird devoured in the whole day. That bird Heracles, the valiant son of shapely-ankled Alcmene, slew; and delivered the son of Iapetus from the cruel plague, and released him from his affliction -- not without the will of Olympian Zeus who reigns on high, that the glory of Heracles the Theban-born might be yet greater than it was before over the plenteous earth. This, then, he regarded, and honoured his famous son; though he was angry, he ceased from the wrath which he had before because Prometheus matched himself in wit with the almighty son of Cronos. For when the gods and mortal men had a dispute at Mecone, even then Prometheus was forward to cut up a great ox and set portions before them, trying to fool the mind of Zeus.

-The Theogony of Hesiod, (ll. 507-543)

Prologue

Many know the story of, how 8 years ago, the war between Kyogre and Groudon unleashed the Regis from their tombs of Earth. Some may also remember Rayquaza's defection from the Council of Legendaries, the great dragon war and his eventual reinstatement. The older ones dredge up the once-fertile soils of the fields of their minds and think about how, ages ago, the Unown surfaced out of nowhere and the Legends proved their status for the first time.
Humans, on the other hand, don't. Humans have very short memories. That is why I, a senior member of the Council of Legendaries, have been commisioned to preserve this tale for posterity.
This is my story.

Last edited:

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Quite suprised no one has replied back yet, because this looks like it will be a fantastic fic yo! keep it up.

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Chapter 1

"I say we have put up with those few long enough! Crush them at one stroke and be done with it!" growled the tall, heavyset man, slamming his fists on the large table.

The slightly lighter, but still stocky person on the other side tilted his head and muttered, "Generally I don't agree with him, but I have to say that this time, his logic makes a strange sort of sense. Why do we put up with them?"

The others around the table looked at them. Some began muttering, the older ones with more control simply shook their heads.

"It's not that we enjoy their presence, but its simply not our way. We hardly intervene with the human world, and only when events call for it. Such careless displays will only bring destruction to their world and ours as well. You two of all people should know that." explained the young girl primly. She knew among all seated there, she was one of the youngest, along with her brother, and therefore tried to keep herself composed and calm, instead of
panicky as she used to be.

The two that previously spoke snarled, "Mind your own business, little girl. We speak with years of experience."

"Experience of war, pain and conflict, I might add." murmured another. She was thought to be a bit of a recluse by some of the others, and while it was indeed true that her preferred residence was an unoccupied island at the frontier of charted territory, she had extensive knowledge and somehow kept up with current events at a surprising speed. A psychic, she somehow gave you the impression she was staring into your mind when she looked at you, though her close friends knew that this was often a subconscious illusion in compensation for her small stature.

"Don't worry, sis. Your words will be considered by the council, as will all others." comforted the young dragon to his rather embarrassed sister, as he glared at the two.

"Her words do bear some merit. However, the time might soon come when we shall have to intervene again. I sense a change in the land, stirrings in the air I have not felt for a long time. I fear it will soon be time to take matters into our own hands." added another. Although he was one of the oldest and wisest, many feared him, and after his previous defection, they had begun to regard him with suspicion. Unfortunately, as he had proved to them so many times before, he was an indispensable part of the council. When it came to certain matters of great urgency, there were none so adept at handling it than him.

"True. Which is why I called this meeting in the first place. As you may or may not know, the wheel and its partner have been uncovered. I am sure that at least some, if not all of you know what that means." announced a voice from another angle. A lady with a fiery temper, she had a reputation for being one of the most powerful and strong-willed. Her brilliant wings of rainbow shone and reflected back in the darkness.

Her sentence provoked a whole range of feelings among them. Some of the younger ones started looking at each other confusedly, while others began to stare at each other, eyes in shock. Even the elders began to talk animatedly, trying and failing to muffle them.

"How is this possible? For many years, as I lay watching the earth, the area which they were near was never disturbed." asked one of them. Although being older than many of them, his long hibernation periods and naturally light-hearted temperament gave him the appearance of a young boy, though he possessed powers unparalleled by most.

"The world is expanding. It is not what it once was. Perhaps we should take those two seriously. Those three groups have been presenting us with quite some trouble lately." one of them cut in. He was responsible for an entire dimension, and took his work quite seriously, although he was known to be somewhat of a plant-lover. Then again, they had a knack for understating things.

Three figures at another end arranged themselves into a formation and announced,

"The three groups are of no threat to us.”

“Too busy with each other, they wear themselves down.”

“Their incompetence will never allow them to obtain what they seek."

The first two to speak stared at them. "Are you sure?" they spoke in unison, an uncommon sight.

"It should be true. We have checked”

“To the best of our abilities. It should be reliable.”

“Anyway, Intel should be back soon. Ask them."

"Do you three always have to speak like that?"

"It is enjoyable." grated one of them.

"A favourable pastime." another added, his frosty gaze penetrating through them.

"Count yourselves lucky we're not like them." added the third in a steely tone, staring at a trio on the other side.

The trio in question was arguing. “I say I should be the one to look for the wheel! I’m the oldest and best looking!” yelled one of them, her flames rising as her wings agitatedly beat against each other.

The second one snorted. “You? Please. You wouldn’t stand a chance if any of us decided to take over your duty.” she added as she shook out her feathers, sending a spray of snow throughout the room.

The third one protested, her slightly distressed voice taking on an edge of static. “I’m tired of you two going without me! I’m clearly the best at this job. Let me go!”

“Girls, girls. Nobody’s going yet. We still have some loose ends to tie up.” chided one of the senior members. His watery eyes and placid manner calmed the trio strangely, and they sat back, muttering among themselves.

Suddenly the door burst open, and was followed immediately by a simultaneous burst of heat, static and fresh humidity. Everyone turned their heads.

“Ahh, Intel. Do you have anything to report?” asked one of them, her rainbow wings churning the air.

The three shook their heads. “Nope. We searched from Kanto to Hoenn and couldn’t find a single piece of info. I told you it was too early.” grumbled one of them as he crept to the table in an attempt to warm himself.

As his sister searched out a relatively clean, humid spot, she added, “We did find some conformation to earlier reports though. The three teams are working separately and are still at war. They will not pose much of a threat for now.”

“Indeed. Though I should not worry. If any of you haven’t noticed, there are two missing this afternoon. If anyone can find anything, it should be them. They’re best suited for this long-term thing.” commented the second brother, as he searched out a warm place near the electricity mains.

The fiery lady nodded. “Very good. As you have noticed, two members are missing today. One has left on orders sometime ago, but the other is roaming for “personal reasons”. Both have received necessary information. They should know what to do. They’re pretty much the most powerful of all us and that includes you two as well” she added, noticing that two members were getting ready for a fight, though no one was sure with whom. “Rest assured, the Council of Legendaries can deal with it. The danger will not surface for some time, a year or two perhaps. We shall overcome this and get through it someday. And now, meeting adjourned. I’m sure you all have your own plans for later.”

Amidst much mumbling, the members slowly left the hall and broke up. Soon, the only sound in the room was muffled talk from the corridor.

Last edited:

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Immense. Dialogue overload, but it is interesting.
I can recognize all the legends! Booya! Mwahahahaha! Fear me! Anyway, on a more serious note, I can tell that this will be a good if not great fic, much better than mine so to say.
One word: Pwnage.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
El hariyamer said:
Thanks, Mr Oydoggy. If anyone can't figure out who the legendaries are, pm me and I'll give hints.

Hmmm...please dont take this as an offence. But I dont really want to read this fic anymore, only because it isnt what I expected it to be. Sorry.:(

K

kyogre100

I think it is very good, and will make a good story.
Lets get a chapter 2.

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Chapter 2

In the space between the dimensions, a ripple went through all four dimensions. Possibly five, but the creature wasn't counting. If he was, he wasn't caring. Too much time had been spent away from his native home for him to even remember it. Not that he would want to, for even thought was a strain in that area. But now, if ever, was the time for thought. A stirring had appeared in his blood, a stirring which could only mean one thing.

The gate had appeared. Possibly opened.

He sent out the probing tendrils of his highly developed mind, trying to find a crack, a hole, any sign that the infinite walls of the prison that held him and his companions could be fracturing. He found none.

So the walls weren't breaking yet. But they were shifting, transmuting, turning into a door? exit? He wasn't sure of the word, not having to use in for so long. In this endless and yet singular penitentiary, the word had lost meaning.

Until now. He knew it wouldn’t open yet, not for a very long time. That was okay with him. He was patient. In a place where time had no meaning, you learnt how to wait very quickly. As long as the door existed, sooner or later someone would find a key. All that was required was time. And he had a lot of that.

There were still some preparations though. He had to prepare himself. Shifting his body, he began a slow movement towards the preparatory area. It wasn’t easy. Each movement, each turn he made sent a wave through the surrounding space (if you could call it that) with its effect multiplied several times upon his own body. With his weak muscles, atrophied from lack of use, every step twisted and warped his body. Unconcerned, he progressed onward. His mind had long ago learnt to ignore the physical trivialities of the world. However, he made a mental note to himself to train harder.

Finally he arrived. The perfect area to burst out into the light when the gate opened, and he was there. Standing in place, he began to focus his mind.

The gate wasn’t open. But it was there. That was all that mattered.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Though this was quite short, I liked it. Forgive me for saying I didnt, because if the next chapter is longer(way longer), I believe this will turn out the be a fantastic fic. Keep up the good work! ^_^

SnoringFrog

Sounds interesting, but it needs to be much longer, as KO said.

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Chapter 3

The crowd roared in anticipation as the challenger for the latest Premier World Championship Pokemon League walked into the electrically-charged atmosphere of the arena. He acknowledged the crowd's screams of adulation with a quiet tilt of his head. Not much was known about him. Nobody knew what was behind the veil of shadow that hid his face beneath his hood. Nobody saw what was under those perpetually dark leather gloves that obscured his hand. Under the cloak of mist that obscured him, he smiled. In the entire stadium, many of them were shouting his name, yet not one person in the stadium knew. Nobody but one, and he wasn't focusing on him. He was not one for concentrating on the larger picture, but to focus inwards, to concentrate on the battle. Quiet preparation was his style. He thought: I'm stronger than you think this time round. I'll show you my full strength!

The defender, on the other hand, was a worried person. As he had done so before, could he do so again? He knew how lucky he was to be in this competition. Every season, each participant had to be sporting a fresh new set of badges from all 24 gym leaders. A new Pokemon League Championship trophy automatically got you into the quarter-finals. Two got you into the semi-finals. All three from the three continents and all you had to do was defend your place. He was one of them. Starting systematically, he had soon wiped out almost all competition in the league. But the challenger in front of him looked fresh and ready to battle. He certainly has done some training after his last defeat. Can I, a tired title-defender, pull off the same stunt again?

Both of them, sunk deep into thought, were suddenly interrupted by the referee. "Now remember the rules, gentlemen. Only six pokemon are to be used, no substitutions. The first part of the battle is one on one, three pokemon. After a short break, the second part is a three on three battle. Signal when you're ready."
The two opponents grabbed their pokeballs and in unison, nodded their heads. They were ready.

"BEGIN!" roared the referee. The two brilliantly coloured pokeballs flew upwards and landed with a thud, revealing two dark shapes, stark against the stadium lights. When the dust settled, the crowd saw the two trainers, glaring at the battlefield with intense concentration as out of the dust arose…nothing?!

Before they could comprehend the scenario, though, the dust was suddenly blown aside as a harsh screech pierced the skies and a dark shape launched itself at the ground to be met with a rock as a voice commanded, “Rock throw!” Under his breath he murmured something else, which the challenger took to be a desperate prayer.

“Swellow, Mirror Move!” the challenger commanded as he thought, “Cowardly. Hiding before we even get started. Just how far has he degenerated?”

His question was answered abruptly, as his Swellow hit the ground, tucked in its wings and rolled up. “Defense curl?” the challenger gasped as his Swellow was hit by the same “rock” it had been aiming for just now. Instantly he knew what he was facing. “Change of plan, Swellow! Fly upwards! It’s an Azumarill!”

The slightly dazed but still battle-worthy Swellow complied. Unable to stop, the Azumarill rolled towards the fence. However, instead of stopping, it slammed into the fence and began rolling back. The challenger smiled. “Hit it while its momentum is low! Fly!”

Swellow flew downwards. This was what the Azumarill had been waiting for. Rolling itself around the arena, it began spinning in place for some time, before launching itself upwards with a spurt of water. Swellow barely had enough time to register the attack before Azumarill slammed into it. However, it did have enough sense to focus its energy as it plummeted. Even as a tired Azumarill fell, Swellow opened its wings and sliced downwards as they hit the rocky ground. Within moments, it was over. Both contenders recalled their Pokemon as they reassessed the other.

Interesting stratagem he used there. He hasn’t gotten any rustier.

Knocked out my Azumarill in one hit. That is tough, even with Double-edge. He has been training.

Reaching into their belts, the trainers pulled out their second pokeball. The audience waited with bated breath. Would the suspense of the previous battle be met?

Not a chance. The moment the pokeballs hit the ground, there was a blaze of slashes and swipes, sending the dust up in a flurry. Strangely, there was no such response from the opponent and yet, the crowd couldn’t see a figure hitting the ground. Eventually the slashes stopped and the crowd heard two different cries.

“Scep…Sceptile?”

“Yanma.”

Even as a Leaf blade sliced the air again, Yanma speed boosted out of the way and began focusing its mind. Too late Sceptile realised its folly, even as it tried to dodge, it was hit by Hypnosis. As a sleeping Sceptile lay on the arena floor, Yanma tried to recover its health with Leech life. Complacence would be its downfall. As Yanma hovered in front of Sceptile, a leaf sliced through the air and slammed on Yanma’s head. Stunned, the bug pokemon fell to the ground. Attempting a Mimic, Yanma tried to copy the move, but simply started to hover around, confused. Taking a chance, Sceptile used Fury Cutter and knocked Yanma out. As the champion withdrew his Yanma, he thought, “Sceptile can learn Sleep Talk?”

Bet you didn’t know. Told you you’d need my help. I know pretty much every attack around.

But I’m the one who can defend around here. Let be take a shot at it.

Will you all be quiet? We can discuss this later. thought the champion as he rather disconcertedly took out another pokeball.

The challenger smiled. His opponent was getting riled up. That was good. Still, though, he felt pity for him. When all was said and done, he hardly wanted to be in the shoes of his opponent. Knowing his own past, he doubted his opponent would want to be in his own shoes either. Anyway, he had to focus on the battle. He shook his head to try to clear his mind as he chose his next pokemon.

The crowd was getting restless. Would this battle be over quickly? They were more used to lightning-fast battles with pokemon and moves chosen based on instinct and reflex, not slow and careful consideration. How long more was this battle going to drag on?

A lot faster than they had expected. Hardly had the pokeballs hit the ground and the lurid flash of red appeared that the ground shook and concussion waves flew through the air as a powerful Explosion shook the arena. As the dust settled, the shape of two figures appeared. One was a Golem lying on its back. No question about what attack that one had used. The other figure was, amazingly, still standing. Even as the crowd strained their eyes, the Piloswine finished Enduring, shook the bits of gravel and pebbles off its fur and stared at the audience. Cue cheering and screaming. The champion acknowledged the adulation before holding up a pale hand to stop the cheering before retreating to his room for a break. As the challenger moved to his own room, he thought, “Endure? That was surprising. He wasn’t as disconcerted as I thought. I thought I could win this round, but it appears he’s still got a few tricks up his sleeve. However, so have I…”

Last edited:

SnoringFrog

Good chapter. Looking forward to the 3 on 3 battle.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Interesting third chapter, still a little short though.
On another note, try double spacing.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Pretty good, I didnt have time to read it all though, I will later though. And double spacing would be nice, go look at some of the other fics and get some ideas.

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Chapter 4

As the roaring of the crowd faded away, the champion slipped away. The battle would not resume for quite some time, and he had to try to make sense of things. Things had happened, things that shouldn’t have.

The door opened with a squeak of well-oiled hinges. This was his masterpiece, his magnum opus. After the Premier World Championship Pokemon League had opened, he had been rather disconcerted to find no housing arrangements for the champion, so certain were they no one would qualify. Soon, with a certain friend of his providing funding, a few Machokes doing the construction work and a few architectural ideas from him, the Champion mansion was completed. It was a great mansion where any potential champions were housed for the championship. Any champions would instantly be honoured with a room of his own in a legendary mansion of their own, a Private Mansion of Fame. Many famous victors had designed and planned their own rooms in the mansion before, afterwards walking down the corridors in reverent awe, awe at the mere thought of walking in the footsteps of legends of old. However, this particular champion gave no thought to such things. His head was filled with thoughts of his own as he strode through the corridor and pulled open the door to the last room.

His room had been one of the greatest challenges of the construction workers since the gym leader’s conference. The room was huge and dome-shaped, with a large, curved ceiling. What was unique about the ceiling was its pattern. He had given precise instructions for it. In the night, it was an exact replica of the might sky, with all its stars. In the day, it changed to show the constellations on the other side of the world. Even the moon phases changed with its actual counterpart. It was a beautiful work of art. However, the floor was another matter.

Many items were strewn aggressively all over it. Packing looked like it had been done hastily. In some places, boxes of objects were stacked up to form cardboard shields. Altogether, the place looked like a mess made by several people. However, at the very center of the room, there was a small spot of untouched ground. It was in this spot that the champion seated himself and began to meditate, questions running through his mind.

He had exiled them ages ago. They had been given more than their fair share and left for various regions. For many years after that incident, their troubled voices still swirled in his mind and spirit. He had assumed they were just remnants, shadows of what once was. Apparently he had been wrong.

He focused his mind and began to pursue his stalker. It wasn’t long before he met with him. Or rather, with them.

What are you doing here? This is my territory! I exiled you ages ago!

You exiled our physical manifestations and minds. Our thoughts are here to stay.

Yes, and you’ll be sorry for that. Throughout the region we have travelled, seeking power. Soon, one of us shall acquire what he craves.

What?

Please, drop the naïve act. You were smart enough to figure us out once. And that time was a fluke. Still, for a while, you enjoyed your upper hand. Enjoy it some more. Whatever’s left of it. Because now we have power equal to yours, and soon, possibly greater. Soon, we’ll be back. We can now control our remnants from a distance. The remnants in your mind. Soon, it will be ours, and you will be the last in our alliance.

Actually, I never wanted to…

Silence!

Alliance…or dictatorship?

Do not concern yourself with these things. Soon you will be but part of our plan. Either way, it shouldn’t matter. We will capture it one way or another.

Wait…You don’t mean? But its been missing for many years! There’s no way it could have resurfaced!

Please. We’re in your mind. We have enough power to find out about some things. Such as a certain conversation this morning.

I won’t allow it1 I’ve done it once and I can do it again! You shall be defeated!

Really. Is this the way you speak to a old friend? Restrain him!

Then darkness engulfed him. The hushed silence of the room filled up with a more ominous silence. His senses were been stolen.

No! You can’t do this!

But don’t you see? We don’t need to. This is simply a speedier way. Or else we could simply manipulate your thoughts, your feelings, twist the threads of them to create new tapestries. Tapestries that speak of our arrangements. Consider it one of our last acts of mercy. Soon, all you have to do is sit back and watch, instead of troubling yourself with the work.

“I refuse to accept this!” screamed the champion, dimly aware that he was now screaming aloud. Not that it made much difference, but any form of resistance against them was a relief. It meant he was still capable of doing so.

Then the buzzing slowed and stopped. As the champion struggled to his feet, he became dimly aware of a new presence in his room. Closer inspection revealed it to be the face of the challenger.

“Are you okay?”

“They’re back.” This simple sentence summarized the events, in a somewhat bitter tone. Apparently, it was clear enough the challenger hadn’t forgotten, going by the look on his face.

“Are you sure?”

Which was when they heard the voice. “Fools! Now you shall feel my true wrath! This is merely a forewarning! Remember the fates of all who have opposed me! Remember the power within my grasp! Remember my legacy! Remember me! For soon the time will come when you’ll wish you could. Remember!”

Then the voice somehow swirled and vanished. The room calmed. But both of them stared into space for a few seconds after. Eventually the challenger placed his hand on the champion’s shoulder and said, “Let us be going. The break is almost over.”

“Indeed.” Said the champion, as he thought, Indeed. The break is over. Once more, it has begun.

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Chapter 5

As the crowd roared and cheered, the two figures stepped into the spotlight. Neither one of them had a clear emotion plainly displayed on their faces, but their minds were no doubt a turmoil of questions. However, whatever situations the crowd might have imagined, none of them even came close. Even if they had, now was not the time for them. When the heat of the moment filled the air with the aura of battle, the opponent’s stare, that was what they were seeking. The perfect moment. If they immersed their minds in the wrong atmosphere, they could decide their own fate. Now was not the time for questions, for emotions, for anything. At this time, their minds would be in sync with the atmosphere, with the fighters, with the audience, with themselves…

With the battle.

They barely noticed the announcer proclaim their return, nor did they observe the unnatural tenseness in the spectators. Nevertheless, they noticed the red light fizzling away, slipping into obscurity as the soothing tones of green slithered over. It was time to begin.

As one their hands reached into their belts, as one they pulled out the three pokeballs, as one the sextet of brilliantly coloured red-and-white projectiles flew upwards and slammed on the ground. As one, the six inhabitors of those capsules burst out in a blaze of luminous red energy.

The battle began.

The challenger took the lead while the champion hesitated. “Manectric, Thunder! Mr Mime, Light Screen! Pidgeot, Whirlwind!”

The pokemon arranged themselves in a strange formation before complying. Even before the audience, the champion realised it all. How Light Screen hit Whirlwind at the right moment. How Light Screen was twisted into a strange spiralling tunnel as it was projected. How Thunder hit Light Screen and bounced back, reflected and magnified with each bounce. How a magnified Thunder blazed through a carefully calibrated Light Screen, projected for maximum accuracy. And how to counter it.

“Machamp, Brick Break. Plusle, Encore.”

As the Light Screen shattered, a bright blue bolt of lightning rocketed upwards towards the ceiling. It slammed against the spotlight and crackled for a while before sizzling through the glass, rebounding against the inside mirror and launching itself at another target. Pidgeot saw it, tried to dodge, but it was too slow, far too slow. As Pidgeot collapsed, smoke steaming from his mouth, the challenger began to think he might have underestimated his opponent after all.

However, things began looking up for him soon after that. The champion seemed preoccupied with other things. Plusle hung back with the still unrevealed pokemon. Machamp seemed more concerned with Brick Breaking the Light Screens than attacking. It was his move.

“Thunder Wave, Manectric!”

Amazingly enough, it worked. Machamp stood stock-still, fist upraised, look of surprise on its face. And well it might be. With two pokemon effectively out of commission, it was down to two on two.

“Plusle, Rain Dance!”

If that didn’t prove his opponent wasn’t thinking, nothing would. With a smile on his face, the challenger prepared his trump card, unknowing of the champion’s own trump card.

“Thun-”

He never finished the phrase. A red blast of psychic energy slammed into Manectric full force. As Manectric struggled to stay on its feet and obey its last command before discharging a weak jolt and keeling over, the challenger remembered the advice the challenger had given him during their last battle.

“When your opponent extends a helping hand, beware his hidden power.”

He couldn’t believe how he had missed it.

An Unown floated out of the shadows. However, it was one of the strangest Unown he had ever seen. It was long and thin, with a bored looking, half-closed eye. Moreover, it sported a strange shimmering blue coat instead of the standard jet-black Unown garb. Either way, it looked able to hold its own against a tired looking Mr Mime, still casting Light Screen.

It didn’t even have to. As Mr Mime attempted to launch a Psychic, Plusle jumped onto Unown and cried out to the torrential rains above as it fired at them. That cry was soon answered as the clouds parted and a ray of Thunder slammed into the Mr Mime, knocking it off its feet. It feebly waved a hand before silently collapsing. As the challenger stood there, he seemed to pause and rise above the crowd for a moment. Would he concede defeat? Would he show his true prowess with a previously undefeated Pokemon? Was the fight over?

It was. He turned, and those with perfect vision claimed that as he turned, tucked his pokeballs into his belt and strode away, they caught a glimpse of a smile on his face as he tucked his pokeballs into his belt, turned and walked away. But perhaps it was only a shadow.

The champion accepted the praise and cheers with good grace. But perhaps it was the tilt of his head, the slight change in his walking style…Either way, everyone agreed he seemed distracted. He seemed to be almost bored to receive the trophy. And was that muffled grumbling they heard from him as he stood to have his name registered on the list? Whatever they noticed, not one of them could deny the way he simply turned and strode out of the hall immediately after the ceremony, not looking back.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Interesting, a little short, but good.

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Hmm...Interesting...I would like to see more.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Since everyone is else is saying it....it was interesting. I liked it, and it wasnt that short you guys ^^;. Keep up the great work!