• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unown Waking: Antilegend

S

Sengfire

This story is greatly written. I dont find many errors. Although work on some wording.

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Chapter 6

Before the experiment, when they talked about him, they talked of lofty heights, of grand dreams. He was hope. He was aspiration. He was their pathway to glory, the golden footpath of fame that many walk down, either to ascend the stars or tumble off at the end. He was the future. He was their child. And they were his.

During the experiment, they talked of it in excited tones. He was now. He was here. He was the present. He was happening, and they were his cause. They were making it happen. Soon he would be theirs to command.

Nearing completion, they spoke in hushed tones. He was near. He was soon. He was coming, and they did not like what they saw. Only now did they finally begin to see what they had done. Only now did the fruit of their labour ripen and hang low upon their tree, sending its scent through their branches-and it was not all sweet. Was it a mistake?

Immediately after the experiment, they did not speak of him. He was past. He was failure. He was everything that had ever gone wrong, and everything that could have. He was gone, and so were they. He was no longer there. Speaking of him would prove futile and remind themselves of that glorious time when they were ready to prove themselves, prove his worth. Not theirs, his. He was theirs and they knew it. However, no one wished to dispute this particular fact with him. He was no more.

What chilled him was not the fact that so many emotions were involved in his creation. It was the fact that despite their emotions, he felt none.

They would not have been surprised. When they created him, they never expected emotion. They never expected mind. They never expected personality. They did not grant him those, after all. Instead, they furnished him with will. Temper. A cold-hearted determination to win at all costs. A will to destroy all unquestioningly and the power to do so.

He had thought it was the emotion which he now knew as rage that led him to destroy them. But it was his pre-programmed will and determination. It was determination that led him to destroy his creators and become his own master. It was strength that allowed him to achieve this feat. It was his nose for power that caused a yearning within him to seek out the best, the greatest. It was his rival’s fury he answered with the innate competitive nature inborn within all. And it was with the precise, robotlike situation analyser built in his mind that forced him to withdraw cautiously. It was not him that set in motion those events. It was them.

Up to now, he still hadn’t mastered emotion. It was something that came naturally to others, but he hadn’t mastered. He treated it like a subject, like something to be studied and learnt. What he was trying to understand at the moment was the strange, light feeling that accompanied his defeat. From what he knew, he should be feeling disappointment, the emotion called anger. A strange emotion. He had not quite understood its usage. Apparently it spurred you on, while at the same time being something you were advised to stay away from. To him, anything increasing your level of power was something that should be striven towards at any cost. Perhaps that was why he still did not understand his opponent.

His opponent. Fitting. If ever was there one who understood emotion, it was him.

He folded up his belongings and stepped out into the corridor. He knew his opponent would be there without fail. It was called trust. Something he could not understand but surprisingly came to him easily enough. Certainly easier to him than certain others.

“Congratulations on your win.”

“Thank you. But for now, we have other matters to discuss.”

“Indeed. Why is he here? The last time I saw him, he was weak. Powerless. Broken.”

“Apparently the situation has changed. He must have some powerful friends, to break out so easily. He cannot be allowed to achieve his objective.”

“Which would be tracking you down. Despite what he proclaims, you are his only link to us. It is imperative you escape from him. He requires certain items, does he not?” he murmured.

“But where? He can move much faster than me. There is no way to escape. I might as well surrender.”

“Stop being so fatalistic. You’re stronger than you think.” He snapped, somewhat annoyed that one who defeated him with ease was considering capitulating to another with as much effort as it had taken him in the previous match.

“You do not know him. I have lived in torment for over a thousand years from him and barely survived one attack from him. But for a stroke of luck, I would be nothing now. Even at his weakened state, he resisted arrest for months.” Even though he knew nothing lay behind his opponent’s eyes, h still looked into them anyway. The eyes were locked into a straightforward gaze, though they trembled and shook as they twisted and spun, refracting and twisting the light into a million faceted flames. He knew underneath it lurked a cold, mirthless smile, one filled with anticipation. The face of a condemned man.

“But we can attempt to thwart his plans. A certain…incident has occurred in Mossdeep which would be worthy of your attention.”

“What?”

“What?”

The young girl stared at her sister, unsure.

“Yes. It was in their will. They wanted us to take over their job when they died. You know it was their last wish, our duty.” She turned towards the staircase leading down the mountain. The air in the graveyard was sweet but dusty. A smell of old, musty graves and aging tombstones mixed with the fresh smell of spring wafting in from outside provided a strange contrast, tickling her nose.

“But what happens to the gym? Do we still take care of it? Will they be recruiting someone new? Who is it? What…”

“Calm down, Lisa. The Pokemon Association is taking care of everything. They’ve already found a possible replacement. He’s from Mossdeep and a psychic, so no problem there.”

“Immediately?”

“Of course not. We still remain in our position for a year or so. When he is ready, he will go for the tests and prove himself.”

Tate turned to the mountain slope once again. It was beautiful. The fresh spring flower coated the slopes. The grey tombstones seemed to blend in with the long grass, creating a lovely garden, serious in its beauty. At times like this, it was almost hard to believe that the mountain contained two of the greatest powers in Mossdeep, powers that had to be protected at all costs. Guarding the orbs was the job of Mossdeep citizens, a lifetime job which they accepted with pride. Now it was their turn.

Lisa appeared behind her, hovering uncertainly. “I get your drift. But…”

“Who is he?”

“A young boy living in Mossdeep right now. He needs a trainer. It would do well for you to keep tabs on him. He requires some training before he will prove worthy.”

“But what is his name?”

“Him?”

“Yes.”

“But… he’s just a boy.”

“He had grown since you last saw him, Liza.” Under her breath Tate whispered, “At least, I hope so. Somehow I sense that this is going to be a trying time for Mossdeep. You are the symbol of Mossdeep. You must pass the trial. We’re counting on you, Naphthalius.”

Last edited:

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
... :D Nice chapter El, nice chapter indeed. Although I still doubt you naming capabilities...

Bigbrother87

Helping Hand
Very nice fic, though it's hard to figure out all the characters with no names being said. Also, couldn't you have found a better name for the hero than Naphthalius?

Otherwise a wonderful Fic, looking forward to the rest of it.

Last edited:

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Nice chapter. Nothing else to say, considering you already told me a lot at school. Heh.

El hariyamer

Order of the Green
Chapter 7

The scientist pushed the stack of notes on his table away and sighed. What he really could use a nap, but he'd be lucky if around here he could get a decent cup of coffee. He leant back in his chair and groaned.

It wasn't that he didn't like working in the place. Hadn't he pretty much established and funded it? The pay was good, the hours were short most of the time and he could afford to give himself a raise every now and then. Aside from the occasional administration breakdown, things went pretty well for him most of the time and he was not, by nature, unreasonable.

Then again, sometimes he could just murder Marvin the office boy.

The eager thudding on the door heralded his appearance. Before he could answer, the young boy leaned in and announced. "Somene here to see you, Mister Von Braun."

"I noticed." the scientist replied. In his mind he added: and the fact that you knocked over the coffee machine in your rush to tell me. Instead, he merely said, "Thank you. While I'm out, get me a fresh cup of coffee and place it on the files over there that have been marked with the golden insignia and stacked in alphabetical order on the table. And while you're at it, get me an update on situation #311."

The lad looked up from the files on the table and smiled guiltily. As the scientist left, he heard the sounds of furious sorting. He smiled grimly. When would the boy ever learn? He used the Dewey Decimal system.

The champion leaned against the wall and looked at Erik. "You're late."

"Work concerns. And what excuse do you give to trespassing on military property?" the scientist asked, evenly meeting that cold gaze.

They locked eyes for several seconds before giving in at the same time with cries of, "How's the work going, old friend?" and "A little coffee shop around the corner just opened. Very useful for discounts, so I've heard."

Meanwhile, a file dropped from the window above as Marvin rushed about, much to the distaste of a nearby Delcatty. It hissed at the open window as it continued grooming itself.

"So, what brings you to Mossdeep again, partner?"

"Business, I'm afraid. You know how it is."

Erik nodded. "This time, I want my end of the deal kept. No stalling like last time."

"This is a simple task. Just answer this question." the champion murmured as he pushed a slip of paper over the table.

Erik studied the paper thoroughly. Then he pulled out a pen and marked out one building. "He will be training there."

"It must have been hard on him, finding himself without grandparents so suddenly."

"I doubt it. I've seen him. From young, his life revolved around training himself and his pokemon. He barely knew them. Young Liza and Tate were the only seniors he knew and looked up to, other than the miscellanous trainers around the gym. He's gone for the test. He will not pass it. If he fails, the trainers will not give him another chance. Stop him."

"As you wish. And in return?"

"I'll be reasonable. How about another round of coffee? On you."

"As you wish. Enjoy yourself. I'd better get a headstart."

The scientist chuckled and leant back in his chair. "There he goes. Always ready to extend his services to another, just so he can stay out of it himself. Still, I can't complain. After all, I have what I want. But not enough."

As he spoke, he leant back and casually tossed the paper onto the ground. "Follow him. Seek out his secrets. I need more material if I am to complete my latest project."

Under the table, something shifted. Blurred. Spun. Then settled.

Erik smiled. "Find the Council. Get what I need. Do not fail me." He smiled. "Cerberon."

**********************************************************************************************

The champion looked at his watch.

The waves rolled by.

He looked at his watch again.

From Erik's words, he should have already left the gym. At the moment, he'd probably be one of the miscellaneous passengers waiting to board the ferry to Lilycove. No reason why he shouldn't be one as well.

Who was the boy? Erik had spoken of him as a rather bright, determined young man. Liza and Tate obviously trusted him. And according to the random trainers at the gym, he was competent, they'd grant that, but, well...

"Young whippersnapper" was one of the more polite terms.

He looked at his watch again. Then he looked at the schedule.

The boat was late. This was an expected, if irritating fact. Things rarely went the way they should have, if you believed the average battle strategist.

Still, this was the ferry, after all. If it was the Magnet train...But the S.S. Aqua?

He looked at his watch. Again. He noted how the cogs moved quickly, slowly, infinitesimally. How the hands moved with grumbling but accurate precision. How the numbers followed reluctantly. That was the reality of the universe. Time moved forward, dragging space behind it. If they really were the same thing, they had very different personalities.

The waves rolled by, then receded.

The ferry was here.

***********************************************************************************************
At the back of the docks, two figures watched the ferry with not so much curiosity as officiousness.

"Deoxys of the Council. Naphtalius of the Pokemon association. This should be interesting."

"Do you require help, my lord?"

"No, but thank you for your offer anyway, Cerberon. I have my own plans. In the meantime, I suggest you follow your master's orders. I see no harm in carrying out the orders for now."

"As you wish."

"Your place is with your master, Cerberon. I, on the other hand, have no such inhibitions. This could be a useful fact to put in play in the later stages."

"But what are the later stages of this Plan?"

"Not a Plan, Cerberon. A plan as of now. However, I intend to change that. All it requires is a few simple manouvres. And that has always been something I am good at."

"You claim to have been good at everything."

"And I proved it too."

"Holding the sky? Really?"

"No. A silly little rumour created somewhere in distant lands which you would be a fool to believe."

"Sorry, my lord."

Last edited:

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Aha...the plot thickens. That's cool, I guess. Mwahahaha...now we can see what you're up to.