• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions on the male protagonists?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Illima good. He got me into femboys.

Also.

Alola is Hawaii. It’s really hot. It makes perfect sense that some of the male characters aren’t wearing shirts because it’s

S C O R C H I N G

O U T S I D E
Nah lol. Hawaii's weather is petty consistent around 30-35 Celsius. Ironically, the Japanese regions reach far higher temperatures

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Nah lol. Hawaii's weather is petty consistent around 30-35 Celsius. Ironically, the Japanese regions reach far higher temperatures
Interesting!

Still, that’s 95 degrees F. I’d probably go shirtless, too, if I was a guy in that weather.

Thank God for HVAC.

Teravolt

What's your point here? I was only saying that Hawaii's temperatures aren't even that high
HOW IS 95 DEGREES NOT THAT HIGH ?!?!

Yes, yes, I get that. I was saying that New York (and, consequently, Unova) is hot and humid in the summer.

Edit: This was a reply to the post two posts above

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Alola is Hawaii. It’s really hot. It makes perfect sense that some of the male characters aren’t wearing shirts because it’s

S C O R C H I N G

O U T S I D E
You'd have a point If it weren't for Lusamine and the rest of the Aether Foundation wearing full body clothing,

Guzman is fully dressed as well

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
DP was unironically Brock's best series. He joined and did well in multiple competitions, had good focus episodes (both serious and non-serious), and was just as important for the villain arc as Ash and Dawn. Not to mention catching by far his best Pokemon (Croagunk) and his second best Pokemon (Happiny). Croagunk especially wouldn't be nearly as popular as he is if Brock was actually useless.
I agree with this. Don’t understand how people found his DP portrayal to be the worst when it was the only series to actually build on his dream to be a doctor. OS Brock is funny but beyond that he’s just there. AG Brock was ok but it took BF to pick up the pace. Helps that his Pokémon actually got to do more than just occasionally come out for picnics and battling TRio.

My Unpopular Opinion? Ash could be smart and competent while He could follow Red's footstep.

He should have used his reserve Pokemon for Kalos League like Krookodile against Alain's Charizard X, that would been smarter decision but no, Ash had to use Ash's Greninja against Alain's Charizard X but maybe if even earlier, He could retire after Sinnoh league before the new protagonist.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Brock was an amazing character throughout and while he was a bit stale in AG I do agree with others that he was at his best during DP
Cilan is....boring. Dont really like him that much
Clemont is great and should be rated much higher than Ash's other Kalos companion
Kiawe had the best chemistry with Ash among all his male companions, with Brock and Goh close behind and Goh even having the potential to surpass him
Sophocles is extremely underrated and was a well written character
Goh, for all his faults with his goal's execution, is an amazing character with a well written personality and backstory, and is very interesting to me
Max..... exists ig?
I liked Tracey in OI a lot and he doesnt deserve the harsh treatment he gets

beanDude

Reviewer
I liked Tracey in OI a lot and he doesnt deserve the harsh treatment he gets

I never understood how anyone couldn't like Tracey. He's the type of guy you could go anywhere with and he wouldn't complain about anything and just be fun to have around. Just because he focuses more on studying Pokemon than competing with them doesn't make him a bad character.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Male companions:
1. Clemont is wonderful and very interestingly
2 Cilan is splendid and idk why hated

Background characters that are male but considered companions for some ppl here for some reason-
1. The Kaki boy isnt that interesting for me
2 The orange boy should work hard for what he wants. Nothing comes for free

RafaSceptile

Male companions:
1. Clemont is wonderful and very interestingly
2 Cilan is splendid and idk why hated

Background characters that are male but considered companions for some ppl here for some reason-
1. The Kaki boy isnt that interesting for me
2 The orange boy should work hard for what he wants. Nothing comes for free
Bold of you to assume Clemont is less of a background character than Kiawe or Sophocles

HOW IS 95 DEGREES NOT THAT HIGH ?!?!
Those are the average high temperatures in my city per month, so yeah...it really isn't that high
unknown.png

Last edited:

Teravolt

Bold of you to assume Clemont is less of a background character than Kiawe or Sophocles
Y E P

Poor Cleley’s character was reduced to “MY BRO ASH IS TOTALLY SICK”

:(

Those are the average high temperatures in my city per month, so yeah...it really isn't that high
unknown.png

that

that is terrifying

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
What's your point here? I was only saying that Hawaii's temperatures aren't even that high
I haven't been there but I agree, especially since that it surrounded by huge bodies of water which narrows its high and low temperatures. Which I can't say the same with my hometown Montreal which is inside a continent and the gap of temperature between winter and summer is huge, more so with its humidity factor.

As for the topic, the male protagonists look samey to me imo. Of course, you won't see them wearing skirts but the female protagonists has alot of fashion variety, which is probably why we see lots of fanarts from them.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I haven't been there but I agree, especially since that it surrounded by huge bodies of water which narrows its high and low temperatures. Which I can't say the same with my hometown Montreal which is inside a continent and the gap of temperature between winter and summer is huge, more so with its humidity factor.

As for the topic, the male protagonists look samey to me imo. Of course, you won't see them wearing skirts but the female protagonists has alot of fashion variety, which is probably why we see lots of fanarts from them.
that does make me realize something. I'd say most of the ones who come straight from the games (with Sophocles being the exception) do have pretty varied outfits, but the anime-original main companions (or anime-original outfits in Brock's case) feel like they have more "standard" ones

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Honestly I liked how Clemont and Kiawe started with their characters but ultimately went flat really quickly.

Lately I really miss Brock as a companion after the cameos. Maybe it's just nostalgia but I won't mind him being with Ash, Goh and Chloe for a couple of episodes.