• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Opinions Thread XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Red

Rule #1: State an Unpopular opinion you have with the Pokemon XY anime.

Rule #2: Explain why it's unpopular, ect.

Example:I don't see Ash making it past Top 4 in the Kalos League. Most people assume he'll make it far because he'll have strong powerhouses. I don't think Ash has shown that he's on the same level as DP yet.

What are your unpopular opinions?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think XY Ash is built off of BW Ash, and is not built off of OS-DP Ash. It seems like everyone thinks he's back to being good skill wise as he was in AG and DP, but I don't really see it.
I think Bonnie is a pretty entertaining and a likable character. It seems like most find her annoying.
I'm not really interested in Ash or Clemont focused episodes.
I think Serena's goal as a Pokemon Performer is a perfect goal for her and I don't think it's sexist or anything at all.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I think Ash has a shot at Diantha's title this time.

I believe that Ash's final Pokémon will evolve to its final stage.

I think Ash will get a Mega Stone. It just has to happen.

Amourshipping will become canon and the series will end, or Serena will follow him into the next region.

I think fan patterns are made to be broken and the ones that hinder the show will break.

Ash's last Generation will be the next one at most. I don't see him going beyond another Generation, though I'd prefer it if Kalos was his last league.

PokeMaster366

I think Pikachu's starring roles in the first 3 Gym Battles were well-deserved. Even though he takes the final battle in all 3 of them, the other Pokemon manage to pull their weight rather well when all things are considered.

Alola Adventurer

I think Pikachu's starring roles in the first 3 Gym Battles were well-deserved. Even though he takes the final battle in all 3 of them, the other Pokemon manage to pull their weight rather well when all things are considered.

^ I second this, and the others following... ^

- XY Ash isn't bland and I find his battling skills pretty good.
- Clemont is overrated, but decent.
- Serena's goal is fine with me
- I don't hate XY Team Rocket, just Jessie. Meowth, Wobbuffet and James are tolerable, to me.

Lucille

I would like to see Ash become Champion of Kanto, it just feels right.

I want Serena to get a powerhouse Pokemon, if the other girls can why not Serena.

I want Serena to be the first female companion since Misty to travel to the next region with Ash.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
- I don't hate XY Team Rocket, just Jessie. Meowth, Wobbuffet and James are tolerable, to me.

I agree, Jessie really brings down Team Rocket singlehandedly imo. Meowth and James are tolerable to me also, though they can get pretty annoying at times. Wobbuffet...I really don't see the point of it anymore, but at least when it returned it got some good moments.
I want Serena to get a powerhouse Pokemon, if the other girls can why not Serena.

I want Serena to be the first female companion since Misty to travel to the next region with Ash.
I agree with both these also. I would love to see Serena with a Delphox, Pangoro, or a Sceptile if she gets one and it'd be awesome if she stayed for the next region though I highly doubt it'll happen.

Last edited:

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I actually like Bonnie as a character, she provides a good bit support for Clemont's personality and I actually enjoy the style of comedy they use her for.

diakyu

-I don't hate Team Rocket at all. Heck, I find them pretty entertaining some times.
-I have no problems with Pikachu starring in gym battles. He's one of Ash's strongest, if not THE strongest after-all.
-I like the arc with Korrina joining the gang. I thought it was a nice change of pace from these characters that still have 100 episodes worth of screentime. And I don't dislike the Lucario love this show gives.
-And @ Dawn+Serena Fan, I'm pretty sure liking Bonnie is a popular opinion as her episodes are pretty well received. Unfortunately I don't share the same sentiments.

Janovy

Banned
Pokemon Performing looks really fun and it's good enough to warrant a goal.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Serena's goal choice is probably the worst thing the writers could have ever come up with. Instead of having her as a Pokemon racer which would have been new and exciting, they're just passing off Contest appeals as some new type of goal. The fact that Serena's goal has no battling means we'll virtually never get to see Serena in any great battles either, since she doesn't battle in filler episodes either aside from TR.

Red and Blue

Lets see

1. Ash won't win the League-people seem to think just because he is doing better in Kalos, he will win the League. I say it really doesn't matter how well he does. He probably won't win until the end of the pokemon franchise. As long as there are new generations to promote.

2. Ash and Serena-people seem to think that amourshipping might become canon, with the upcoming "date" episode being the first step towards that. I honestly can't see Ash developing feelings for a girl

phanpycross

God-king
-Chespin is worse than oshawott.

-James is still a good character.

-Im not convinced May needs a cameo for ORAS.

-I REALLY dont want charizard to come.

-Ash's XY team is more interesting than their AG counterparts.

-I think XY Ash is a downgrade from bw, aside from his battling-skills.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Serena's goal choice is probably the worst thing the writers could have ever come up with. Instead of having her as a Pokemon racer which would have been new and exciting, they're just passing off Contest appeals as some new type of goal. The fact that Serena's goal has no battling means we'll virtually never get to see Serena in any great battles either, since she doesn't battle in filler episodes either aside from TR.

Pokemon Performing looks really fun and it's good enough to warrant a goal.
Talk about opposing opinions

Blood Red

【推しの子】

Seconded to the max degree.

I'd also like to see Serena keep travelling past XY. this is probably the most opinion of all

Yeah, seems that way. Maybe people are finally sick of the formula.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Since I don't see Serena staying for another gen, I'd prefer this to be Ash's last generation overall with Ash winning the league, defeating TR for good, and ending the series.

Its rather funny how the XY gen will end right at the anime's 20th anniversary.

Lucille

Since I don't see Serena staying for another gen, I'd prefer this to be Ash's last generation overall with Ash winning the league, defeating TR for good, and ending the series.

Its rather funny how the XY gen will end right at the anime's 20th anniversary.

The series will never end regardless if Ash is the main character or not. It'll simply just move into the next saga. I don't see this being Ash's last saga though he still has a lot of growth left as far as I'm concerned.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
I think Ash getting a Keystone not only makes sense, but he deserves it.

The writers messed up Serenas character so much I don't care for her anymore, and I find her goal to be bland.

Bonnie isn't cute, she's REALLY annoying.

Performances are a COMPLETE rip-off of contests, without the battling, and my god, are they boring.

Mega Luxray won't be thing because people can't understand why the writers gave him Luxio, besides the fact its a popular electric type Pokemon.

The Mega Evolution specials take away from the main anime, so I don't like them. If they're going to converge, do it already.

Following up on that, the main anime is really boring right now, It's hard to watch, and shoving AshxSerena stuff in every 5 episodes doesn't work.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
I would'nt mind XY not being Ash's last saga, but I wouldnt oppose it either.

I dont mind if Ash doesnt bring back reserves at the league.

I really like Senpai as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.