• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Opinions Thread XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The series will never end regardless if Ash is the main character or not. It'll simply just move into the next saga. I don't see this being Ash's last saga though he still has a lot of growth left as far as I'm concerned.

They could end Ash's story and follow the Gen VII anime with a full reboot of an all new cast. Ash's growth is pretty much done, all XY is doing is making him back to where he was at the end of DP. Since Ash is never going to age this is as far as they can take him. There's no reason he can't win a league and do well against the Elite 4 now.

Squirtle_007

Serena's goal choice is probably the worst thing the writers could have ever come up with. Instead of having her as a Pokemon racer which would have been new and exciting, they're just passing off Contest appeals as some new type of goal. The fact that Serena's goal has no battling means we'll virtually never get to see Serena in any great battles either, since she doesn't battle in filler episodes either aside from TR.

Because Pokémon Racing's final round includes a battle-royale between the competitors, right?

OK, about unpopular opinions:
- I don't care about Ash ... at all, he's been dragged along for too much time and needs to leave, his team, on the other hand, are really really cool
- I don't want to see Serena and Clemont interacting for shipping purposes, I want to see them interacting because they are FREAKING COMPANIONS, they don't reach the akward levels DP companions reached, but some talking about themselves wouldn't kill them
- Serena bashing is reaching ridiculous levels, we're reaching a point where almost everything she does will get a lot of critics, and I mean ANYTHING, she races Rhyhorns, WRONG, she bakes macaroons, WRONG, she likes performing, WRONG, she catches a Pancham, WRONG, yeah, most of them are trolling, but it's really getting annoying
- Ash won't get a keystone, and I don't think we'll see more than one Mega in the League
- I don't want Charizard to come back

Lucille

They could end Ash's story and follow the Gen VII anime with a full reboot of an all new cast. Ash's growth is pretty much done, all XY is doing is making him back to where he was at the end of DP. Since Ash is never going to age this is as far as they can take him. There's no reason he can't win a league and do well against the Elite 4 now.
The series of Pokemon wouldn't be over though. They'd likely call the next saga Pokemon the Series: whatever gen 7 games are.

I've also yet to see said proof of Ash being near AG levels let alone end DP. Talk about grasping at straws.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The series of Pokemon wouldn't be over though. They'd likely call the next saga Pokemon the Series: whatever gen 7 games are.

There will always be an anime to follow the games, but they can finally end Ash's arc and move on.

I've also yet to see said proof of Ash being near AG levels let alone end DP. Talk about grasping at straws.

Ash is exactly the same now as where he was in AG and DP around 50 episodes in. Look at all the evolutions he's getting, the writers are going to make sure his team rivals his DP team in strength by the end,.

Lucille

There will always be an anime to follow the games, but they can finally end Ash's arc and move on.

Ash is exactly the same now as where he was in AG and DP around 50 episodes in. Look at all the evolutions he's getting, the writers are going to make sure his team rivals his DP team in strength by the end,.

Exactly my point the anime won't end regardless if Ash is the star or not.

His team doesn't reflect him as a Trainer. His Torterra was fully evolved but he couldn't handle it properly. Ash also got quite a bit of evos in BW too and look how good that team was. Evos don't mean expert trainer. This is the anime not the games

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Exactly my point the anime won't end regardless if Ash is the star or not.

Well I want Ash's story over, 20 years of Ash is enough. Truthfully the show should have wrapped up Ash back when DP ended.

His team doesn't reflect him as a Trainer. His Torterra was fully evolved but he couldn't handle it properly. Ash also got quite a bit of evos in BW too and look how good that team was. Evos don't mean expert trainer. This is the anime not the games

Its also how he's been portrayed. In BW Ash's personality was silly and immature, in XY he's portrayed as mature and competent. Also all his Pokemon seem strong this time around and will be by the league.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
-XY Ash is more competent but less dynamic than BW Ash
-Group interaction is fine though certain members of the group need to interact more
-I'm not here for the shipping; also every damn interaction between characters shouldn't be trivialized to be made shipping fodder
-I'd prefer if Ash catches a Kalos Pokemon or if one of his captures in Kalos goes Mega; I don't want to see the Zard
-While the PokePuff and Grooming sections of Showcases sound dull, the Free Performance has potential to be creative genius
-There needs to be more battles involving other members of the group barring Ash
-I like Skiddo's design
-I don't think Amour will become canon and I don't think Ash will win the Kalos League

Lucille

Well I want Ash's story over, 20 years of Ash is enough. Truthfully the show should have wrapped up Ash back when DP ended.

Its also how he's been portrayed. In BW Ash's personality was silly and immature, in XY he's portrayed as mature and competent. Also all his Pokemon seem strong this time around and will be by the league.

Again, Torterra would like to have a word with you. Evos don't mean winning league

shahroze12

Unpopular Opinions...... Lets see

I believe Ash deserves a key stone
Pancham should evolve
Amour needs to be canon
Ash mega evolves his Zard to Zard Y
Alain is kinda bland in my opinion
XY Ash is at least equal to DP Ash if not better due to his increased mturity
Serena's character is not bland only different
Bonnie slays Max
We need a May cameo
and last but not least

Ash has the potential this time to at least beat the elite 4... diantha could go either way!!! :p

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
One Pokemon getting screwed over is not the same as all of them.

Still it won't matter if most of Ash's team is at their final forms, the writers will still find a way to make him lose in the league. He's stuck in an endless cycle along with Team Rocket, so he'll probably suffer the fate that he got in BW several more times imo.
I think Ash will either get top 16 or top 8, though he may have a small chance of making it to the top 4.

PokeMaster366

All right. Time to throw in a real longshot.

I think Tobias is going to make a return for the Kalos League, and when he arrives, he'll have a Key Stone and use either Mega Lucario or Mega Latios.

phanpycross

God-king
All right. Time to throw in a real longshot.

I think Tobias is going to make a return for the Kalos League, and when he arrives, he'll have a Key Stone and use either Mega Lucario or Mega Latios.

Agreed, I never realized how Tobias honestly was before recently, and I really would love to see more about his backstory.

I can already seeing him meeting Ash again, and saying how he's become much stronger then he reveals himself to be Ash's dad, moonwalks out, and starts tapping that Delia again

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This needs to be Ash's last story, we've seen with BW there's no place to take Ash but reseting him so XY should be his conclusion:

- Ash should win the Kalos league

- Ash should go on to the Champion league using all his old Pokemon

- Ash should challenge and beat the Elite 4

- Ash should face Cynthia, but lose to her.

- Ash should disband Giovanni and Team Rocket once and for all

- Amourshipping could or could not become canon, I'm not really concerned about this much but I wonder what they'll do with Serena when the arc ends.

While Ash won't be a Pokemon Master, he'll continue his endless journies off-screen forever.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Let's see here:

*Hawlucha and Goomy/Goodra ain't doing it for me so in my eyes, Ash still has only 3 pokes
*I really could care less about the pokemon contest rejects
*I actually really like Bonnie and would love to see her take over for Clemont as the 5 gym leader in the future
*My poor Fletchinder gets no love :(....

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not really disagreeing here, but why should he lose? I think it would be cool if he won, she was kind of his goal in DP anyway.

The theme of the anime is there is always someone stronger. Ash could battle Cynthia to her last Pokemon and lose. It would still be a fitting conclusion.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Let's see here:

*Hawlucha and Goomy/Goodra ain't doing it for me so in my eyes, Ash still has only 3 pokes
*I really could care less about the pokemon contest rejects
*I actually really like Bonnie and would love to see her take over for Clemont as the 5 gym leader in the future
*My poor Fletchinder gets no love :(....

Nevermind Hawlucha, you seriously already gave up on Goomy before he even appeared?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
If Ash is going to beat a Champion it should be Lance for title of Kanto Champion. Other regions are cool and all but it has to be his home region for me. He can win a regional League elsewhere but when they decide to end Ash's journey and the eventual time-skip that would occur it has to be Kanto for me where Ash becomes Champion. Then he abdicates his title and becomes a wandering adventurer.

Status
Not open for further replies.