• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Opinions Thread XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I doubt we'll ever see Ash battle Lance, Steven, etc. since their time has passed and they're wanderers getting involved in legendary affairs.

Cynthia is hyped up much more than the others.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt we'll ever see Ash battle Lance, Steven, etc. since their time has passed and they're wanderers getting involved in legendary affairs.

Cynthia is hyped up much more than the others.

Her time has passed too though, I doubt we'll even see her again in XY.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
GameFreak loves Cynthia though. I think we'll see her in the anime again too.

She wasn't in XY though, the only character from DPPT that returned was Looker. I think he has more of a chance of returning over Cynthia this time around, although I really don't want either to return.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Cynthia doesn't make a single appearance in XY though. If anything, Game Freak's love has been directed towards Looker now.

Speaking of which, I think Looker will make another cameo in XY, but it will regrettably be confined to a filler or a small mini-arc that has nothing to do with Emma.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think its time for Ash's story to finally hit a conclusion. Shipping is also usually "endgame" stuff so I don't see why they even bothered giving Serena a crush on Ash in the first place if the show is still going to continue with Ash for gens to come.

BJack

Zura
If Ash does became a champion, it will probably from a new region and it will tie in the games. Kanto is not relevant unless they remake the games in 3d

Lucille

If Ash does became a champion, it will probably from a new region and it will tie in the games. Kanto is not relevant unless they remake the games in 3d

Kanto will always be relevant in some way. It's Ash's home region after all

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Nevermind Hawlucha, you seriously already gave up on Goomy before he even appeared?

I've had quite a few months of the XY game to get to know the species and they are really just boring and ugly in game.

She wasn't in XY though, the only character from DPPT that returned was Looker. I think he has more of a chance of returning over Cynthia this time around, although I really don't want either to return.

Cynthia doesn't make a single appearance in XY though. If anything, Game Freak's love has been directed towards Looker now.

Speaking of which, I think Looker will make another cameo in XY, but it will regrettably be confined to a filler or a small mini-arc that has nothing to do with Emma.

Last time I checked, Lance was no where to bee seen in Hoenn yet he appeared in the anime.

You guys do know the anime can take it's own liberties on somethings right??

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I think its time for Ash's story to finally hit a conclusion. Shipping is also usually "endgame" stuff so I don't see why they even bothered giving Serena a crush on Ash in the first place if the show is still going to continue with Ash for gens to come.

As long as Pikachu is the mascot, then Ash will continue to be his trainer and continue on his journey within the anime..

Anyone expecting differently is kidding themselves.. especially after it was already confirmed by a member of staff years ago that the anime will end with the conclusion of Ash's journey..

What's the point in roping in another trainer to do exactly the same with another Pikachu.. use your head.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Anyone expecting differently is kidding themselves.. especially after it was already confirmed by staff that the anime will end with the conclusion of Ash's journey..

They were refering to Ash's story ending. There will always be an anime to advertise the games. Spinoff stuff like Pokemon Origins, the Mega Evolution specials, etc. all show the writers have already done stuff outside of Ash.

ShinyCharyZard

They were refering to Ash's story ending. There will always be an anime to advertise the games. Spinoff stuff like Pokemon Origins, the Mega Evolution specials, etc. all show the writers have already done stuff outside of Ash.

Yes, alongside the main anime.. call me when they try that stuff without Ash and Pikachu's story running alongside it, because it will fail and that will humour me..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yes, alongside the main anime.. call me when they try that stuff without Ash and Pikachu's story running alongside it, because it will fail and that will humour me..

LOL, there's no reason to expect an anime advertising a popular videogame would fail especially when new kids comes into the show every gen.

ShinyCharyZard

LOL, there's no reason to expect an anime advertising a popular videogame would fail especially when new kids comes into the show every gen.

I really have no more to say. We've been told outright that they will continue with Ash and Pikachu's journey until the anime ends.. and it's fairly clear that this is because Pikachu is the mascot and they want to continue pushing it for as long as possible because the mascot sells.

Would everyone continue to be interested in Super Mario if they scrapped the plumbers and started pushing the turtles? I think not.. but keep dreaming son, one day your vision will come true when you invent your own Pokemon anime.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really have no more to say. We've been told outright that they will continue with Ash and Pikachu's journey until the anime ends.. and it's fairly clear that this is because Pikachu is the mascot and they want to continue pushing it for as long as possible because the mascot sells.

Ash doesn't represent the pokemon franchise as a whole. Its true Pikachu does, but they can work around that by having a different type of Pikachu...like the female trainer with one, or something like a recurring character with one instead.

I also love how you're still referencing a poorly made interview with a storyboard artist from 2008, a guy who has no control over the direction of the anime and just draws the storyboards based on the scripts he's given from the writers. Do you even know what a storyboard artist is? He has nothing to do with the writing or direction of the show.

BJack

Zura
I dont't think the anime will end but XY Ash is at the same level of DP Ash. If he doesn't win, I don't know what they can do with him anymore.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I dont't think the anime will end but XY Ash is at the same level of DP Ash. If he doesn't win, I don't know what they can do with him anymore.

The only alternative is to keep regressing him again like they did in BW. Honestly it was the backlash toward BW that probably made the writers make Ash competent and mature again with XY.

BW was meant to be a reboot but keeping the same main character made no sense. Had Ash have left the anime at the end of DP, and BW was a new guy traveling with Iris/Cilan...it would have made more sense.

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
-XY Ash is neither a competent trainer nor a good character.
-Not about XY in particular, but: I don't care about captures, team changes, etc. seeing as they don't make a real difference in the quality of any series.
-I also don't care about movesets, game mechanics such as a bone with ground type energy hitting a flying type, and the like.
-It needs to end, the series isn't good in any way.

Last edited:

shahroze12

The only alternative is to keep regressing him again like they did in BW. Honestly it was the backlash toward BW that probably made the writers make Ash competent and mature again with XY.

BW was meant to be a reboot but keeping the same main character made no sense. Had Ash have left the anime at the end of DP, and BW was a new guy traveling with Iris/Cilan...it would have made more sense.

Yeah but its good to see that the writers have learned from their mistakes and are now trying to correct them... They cannot do the same thing over and over again. It just wouldnt work and BW is a testimony to that. Honestly i would like to see if the writers have the guts to write Ash off because thats been due since DP ended.Ash is a lot smarter than he was in BW .. He is at least at par with his DP self therefore if DP Ash couldve have won the league if Trollbias hadnt shown up then XY Ash can too given that we dont get a character like him again..... And you know what.. I believe that the writers are not going to pull another Darkrai on us because that'd be repetition of a serious mistake that'd destroy the fan base....

My point is... Stay optimistic ... Maybe Ash will pull through this time!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.