• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Opinions Thread XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthor

One unpopular opinion for me is that i think they should always consistently apply the recharge if a move they use has it. Hyper beam, giga impact, frenzy plant, hydro cannon,blast burn, rock wrecker & roar of time should always need the pokemon to recharge.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Why the hell is everyone thinking that the haircut will happen? Its just a poster and actually no real confirmation. Its only confirmed for me, if theres a episode leak.

Ok, I have some pretty unpopular opinions:

I think Ash just might have a shot at champion. people disagree because he's Ash. 'nuff said.

I don't mind one bit that Serena is a Pokemon performer. I don't think it's sexist or anything. I don't think her character is ruined.

I want Serena to be the first female companion since Misty to travel to the next region with Ash.

I think Amourshipping has a decent chance of becoming Canon.

I think the XY anime is the best Anime since Hoenn.

The Serena Bashing is getting way way WAY out of hand. Everything that happens to her is criticized. People got angry at the possibility she'd be a racer. She becomes a performer, and people are suddenly fine with Rhyhorn Racing? She catches a Panc ham? She has the wrong Pokemon. Just wait. Her shorter hair is going to be criticized too.

I don't mind Bonnie either.

And I'm starting to not like Team Rocket. They've been stalking Ash for too long. It's becoming creepy for some reason.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm scared to cut my hair now, the horror stories I'm seeing about an haircut are frightening.

Lmao.

I don't really think Serena's haircut may be such a bad thing anymore, in fact I think she'll be changing her design occasionally to promote the character customization feature.

Captain America X

Lmao.

I don't really think Serena's haircut may be such a bad thing anymore, in fact I think she'll be changing her design occasionally to promote the character customization feature.

That's probably the only reason they are doing it,because it can't be coincidence that the region that has hair customization also has the female anime character changing her hairstyle

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
What...you trust a leak but not the official source? Why else would they put a picture of Serena in short hair?

I doesnt mean a leak like the Script Book. I mean a leak like a Episode title by the official TV Tokyo page.

A simple poster isnt a 100% confirmation.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One unpopular opinion for me is that i think they should always consistently apply the recharge if a move they use has it. Hyper beam, giga impact, frenzy plant, hydro cannon,blast burn, rock wrecker & roar of time should always need the pokemon to recharge.

They simply need to stop abusing Hyper Beam and other beam attacks in XY in my view, plus Beedrill swarms. It's just tiresome at this point.

Why the hell is everyone thinking that the haircut will happen? Its just a poster and actually no real confirmation. Its only confirmed for me, if theres a episode leak.

The CD case for DreaDrea or whatever that was is official though.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Unpopular XY thread? I suppose I can add some stuff.

1: The XY group is really nice, but at the same time I can't get fully behind it because I know Ash will ditch all three of them and never mention them by name in Gen 7, making any friendship between the sidekicks and Ash artificial at best. Which brings me to number two.

2: Ash's development at this point is artificial for me. I also fully agree that XY Ash is like DP Ash. Down to the boring core. You can make him the strongest trainer in the world, and beat Megas and Legendaries left and right, but if I do not connect with the main character then it means nothing to me and therefore I don't care if he beats 100 legendary Pokemon, still bored with the character. I take nothing away from his accomplishments but the character after 800 episodes bores me. I'd rather watch the weaker yet more interesting sidekicks.

3: I would very much like for Clemont and Serena to catch more Pokemon. This is pretty unpopular, for whatever reason.

4: I want more screentime for the Kalos Sidekicks, If that means reducing the main characters screentime a little, so be it.

5: I'm starting to be okay with Serena not being a major battler, at least for now. She's still getting major focus right now and hardly any of it includes hardcore battles. So she
might be the first main character IMO, to not battle for a living and not fall victim to the background.

6: I'd be okay with Bonnie battling with Clemont's Pokemon if he allows it. Another surprisingly unpopular opinion. It just means more exposure for Clemonts Pokemon. So I say bring it on.

7: I want Alan and Manon to stay in their own specials and not cross over. But if they do it's not the end of the world.

8: I would love for Serena to get a Mega Pokemon. Clemont too. Ash is a given to get one, but I'd like Serena to have one, even if it's only used one time. Many might say that that is a waste and useless. Serena's one of the lead characters In Gen 6 and the female protagonist. I think she should be allowed to showcase the biggest feature of XY, even if only once.

9: This is a new one. I'm okay Serena cutting her hair sometime in the future. It's not the end of the world.

That's pretty much it. All the other stuff would be either popular opinions or neutral.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
1. XY should be Ash's final saga. Allow him to win the league and then go on to a Champion/Elite 4 mini-arc to wrap up the show with.

2. Giovanni and TR should be taken down by the end of XY once and for all. Jessie retires to be a full time coordinator/performer and James/Meowth goes with her.

3. If this is Ash's last arc, I wouldn't mind if Amourshipping is canonized. Better than just having Serena's crush go to waste.

4. The last episode should be a party at Pallet Town with Ash's former friends all there in the last few episodes, and Ho-oh will fly overhead during the ending sequence.

5. The original Mewtwo returns with the female Mewtwo and they both are in their Mega forms, they help Ash take down Giovanni once and for all.

Discuss.

Lorde

7: I want Alan and Manon to stay in their own specials and not cross over.

We're the only ones who want that it seems. I don't want great characters with dynamic storylines like them to waste away if they were to meet Ash and friends.

nahranej

1. XY should be Ash's final saga. Allow him to win the league and then go on to a Champion/Elite 4 mini-arc to wrap up the show with.

2. Giovanni and TR should be taken down by the end of XY once and for all. Jessie retires to be a full time coordinator/performer and James/Meowth goes with her.

3. If this is Ash's last arc, I wouldn't mind if Amourshipping is canonized. Better than just having Serena's crush go to waste.

4. The last episode should be a party at Pallet Town with Ash's former friends all there in the last few episodes, and Ho-oh will fly overhead during the ending sequence.

5. The original Mewtwo returns with the female Mewtwo and they both are in their Mega forms, they help Ash take down Giovanni once and for all.

1. Not necessary. Maturing Ash would be good enough IMHO. Maybe allow him to challenge the E4, but have him lose? And then let him win in Gen 7?

2. and 3. I agree with these. Completely.

4. How about his father? Haha. In my eyes the last Ash episode would end with Ash running away from the party and chasing after Ho-oh into sunset. Next time... a new beginning. This time, without Ash.

5. This is the greatest idea I've heard in a long time, actually.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
We're the only ones who want that it seems. I don't want great characters with dynamic storylines like them to waste away if they were to meet Ash and friends.

For me it could go either way. I wouldn't mind if Alain and Manon never met Ash and co., but I also would have no problem with them meeting, even if for something like a Team Flare special episode or a cameo in the upcoming movie.

LizardonX

Banned
The only way they can do alan justice is by making him the next league rival.

That or bringing back cameron to avenge the fallen honor of the lucario species and all mega evolutions in general for the shameful and humiliating events at the shalour city gym.

Lorde

For me it could go either way. I wouldn't mind if Alain and Manon never met Ash and co., but I also would have no problem with them meeting, even if for something like a Team Flare special episode or a cameo in the upcoming movie.

I think the writers would water-down Alain and Manon by having them meet Ash and friends; I could see Alain opening up and being more expressive with Ash, which I'm against since I prefer his stoic personality.

Squirtle_007

1: The XY group is really nice, but at the same time I can't get fully behind it because I know Ash will ditch all three of them and never mention them by name in Gen 7, making any friendship between the sidekicks and Ash artificial at best. Which brings me to number two.

2: Ash's development at this point is artificial for me. I also fully agree that XY Ash is like DP Ash. Down to the boring core. You can make him the strongest trainer in the world, and beat Megas and Legendaries left and right, but if I do not connect with the main character then it means nothing to me and therefore I don't care if he beats 100 legendary Pokemon, still bored with the character. I take nothing away from his accomplishments but the character after 800 episodes bores me. I'd rather watch the weaker yet more interesting sidekicks.

3: I would very much like for Clemont and Serena to catch more Pokemon. This is pretty unpopular, for whatever reason.

4: I want more screentime for the Kalos Sidekicks, If that means reducing the main characters screentime a little, so be it.

5: I'm starting to be okay with Serena not being a major battler, at least for now. She's still getting major focus right now and hardly any of it includes hardcore battles. So she
might be the first main character IMO, to not battle for a living and not fall victim to the background.

6: I'd be okay with Bonnie battling with Clemont's Pokemon if he allows it. Another surprisingly unpopular opinion. It just means more exposure for Clemonts Pokemon. So I say bring it on.

7: I want Alan and Manon to stay in their own specials and not cross over. But if they do it's not the end of the world.

8: I would love for Serena to get a Mega Pokemon. Clemont too. Ash is a given to get one, but I'd like Serena to have one, even if it's only used one time. Many might say that that is a waste and useless. Serena's one of the lead characters In Gen 6 and the female protagonist. I think she should be allowed to showcase the biggest feature of XY, even if only once.

9: This is a new one. I'm okay Serena cutting her hair sometime in the future. It's not the end of the world.

That's pretty much it. All the other stuff would be either popular opinions or neutral.

Pretty much this, here wanting more development for the sidekicks makes everyone loses their minds and assumes you hate Ash if you don't get excited with his screenhogging (-_-)

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I think the writers would water-down Alain and Manon by having them meet Ash and friends; I could see Alain opening up and being more expressive with Ash, which I'm against since I prefer his stoic personality.

I doubt it. If all, I think he would be treated more like Paul or Trip, with him really not fazed by Ash's more exuberant personality, maybe even annoyed. Manon, on the other hand, I think she could blend with the group very well, especially with Bonnie.

mystreon

the elder eevee

I would love for them to get misty and brock in, i know it would be a huge group then but misty haveing girl talk with serena about ash would be the best and bonnie and brock doing there schtick togther would be hilarious.
It would also need orange islands intro to be playing as it fade away at the end.

Last edited:

Lorde

I would love for them to get misty and brock in, i know it would be a huge group then but misty haveing girl talk with serena about ash would be the best and bonnie and brock doing there schtick togther would be hilarious.

They're irrelevant to the plot though, plus Bonnie's gag is already ridiculous enough on its own imho; it shouldn't escalate beyond that. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.