• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Here we post our opinions on the anime that we are reasonbly sure are not shared by the majority of the show's fans. AKA nothing like

My favorite Ash's pokemon in the first episode is Pikachu.
Or I like how Mewtwo was a legendary.

Also please no flaming other people's opinions.

To get things started I'll post a couple.
I could tolerate DP TR
Piplup was the best thing to happen to the show, to me
Dragonite is the most intresting pokemon on the Bw cast, to me.
I do not appreciate TP lasting for so short a period.
I thought Colress shooting down TR with a missile was funny.
I hope Genesect beats mewtwo in the movie.

IF THIS IS GOING TO STAY OPEN, READ WHAT IS WRITTEN:

I would ask to at the very least clarify your opinions(Despite this being a thread targeted towards stating your opinion, you should still actually form one). Saying "*Enter Pokemon/Character/Series here* is (the) best/worse/boring" isn't clear enough and can easily be misunderstood, especially if it's more negative. Use words and phrases such as "I", "To me", "In my opinion", and others that would express an opinion clearly(If you're going to make a list then you can just state it's your opinion at the start or end). Also, avoid words like "suck", "horrible", and other words of the like, even if you make it clear you're stating an opinion, it should still be respectful and using these words aren't going to be very respectful even in an opinion, a better alternative for negative opinions would be "I don't like *Enter Pokemon here*", it's clear and isn't insulting anyone(characters or other fans).

Also, explaining your opinion(s)(Or at least some of them if you're posting multiple opinions in a post) would be best. We don't need posts like "I like *Enter Pokemon here*", the way it's written is fine, however, it's too short and can be seen as a means to up your post count, especially if you keep doing it in the thread. This would also serve as a means to show you're not trying to bash a Pokemon or character, because saying a Pokemon should be released can easily be misunderstood for "This Pokemon sucks and should get off the show".

Make your own opinion, don't just agree with a bunch of others unless you can explain your reasoning for the opinion. Again, this can been seen as trying to up your post count, especially if you do it often in the thread.

And it's best to just avoid banned topics(http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-POSTING*-Jan-24-2013&p=14174127#post14174127) while it may be more targeted towards threads, the same effect would apply to posts in a thread.

Try your best to follow this all, we don't need threads to turn into huge debates over a difference in opinions, and we don't need threads trying to mask bashing/hate. If things get out of hand, this thread will be closed, and punishments will be given out to those responsible. I'm going to edit the posts; before I posted, to meet the standards I went over.

Last edited:

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I want there to be an irredeemably evil legendary Pokémon.

I want the show to become less of a Sugar Bowl.

Also please no flaming other people's opinions.

I wish you good luck trying to enforce this. ;/

I don't hate Trip with a seething passion, that's pretty unpopular from what I've seen.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
- I like Iris and her development.
- I hate Oshawott with passion.
- I miss the old TRio.
- Piplup was amazing and much better than Oshawott, to me.

LizardonX

Banned
I want there to be an irredeemably evil legendary Pokémon.

I want the show to become less of a Sugar Bowl.

I wish you good luck trying to enforce this. ;/

I don't hate Trip with a seething passion, that's pretty unpopular from what I've seen.

- I hate Oshawott with passion.
- I miss the old TRio.
- Piplup was amazing and much better than Oshawott.

This is what we need. Civil dicsussion and sharing of opinions.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Actually on Bulbagarden this one is accurate, on Serebii most people seem to like or be okay with Iris and her development as whole. Also BW isn't hated chronically and DP isn't treated like the end-all be-all

- I miss the old TRio.
Eh...I'd say this is about 50/50 or 75/25.

FlyAsADunsparce

In my opinion:
-Palpitoad is one of Ash powerhouses, adding him to Ash's team was a good choice
-Pignite is my fav starter on Ash's Team
-Unfezant is one of Ash's strongest pokemon
-Stunfisk deserves way more screentime
-Woobat and Yamask are awesome and deserve more screentime
-Frillish and Amoonguss are probably Team Rocket's strongest pokemon yet
-Oshawott is my least fav out of Ash's team
-Contests were one of the best things to happen to the Animé
-Tobias in the DP league was a very good way to make Ash lose the league and still make him seem very strong as he was the only one to beat Darkrai.
-I miss the old Soundtrack and the sad moments in the Anime.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
To me:
-AG is the best Pokemon series.(Not sure if this is popular on here.)
-Axew's toddler behavior is cute and now that he's battling I'm more tolerate of it.
-Oshawott...isn't that bad...
-May was much better written than Dawn and an overall better Coordinator.
-Togekiss and Mamoswine were the only really likable members of Dawn's team, along with Ambipom.
-Stunfisk is boring.
-Leavanny is a better Grass-type and overall stronger member of Ash's team than Snivy.
-Pignite might have gotten a slew of wins but I still really like the guy, but doesn't need to evolve.
-Bianca and Trip are pretty lukewarm rivals.
-Cameron...eh...not that bad.
-Stephan is Ash's best rival in BW.
-May had the best group of rivals in the whole show.
-Dawn had the worst group of rivals in the whole show.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
-I like Dento's scleraless eyes better than him having eye whites
-I think Ash's AG team in the League was the best team (not say the others were bad, just seemed to coolest to me.)
-I found Dawn boring and liked May's Contest plot better. I found Dawn's rivals sort of bland. They weren't terrible, plus the score system being taken away made me lose interest in Contests. For May, many people say "DEM DEM DEM" but eh, it never occurred to me while watching it.
-I'm fine with Stunny not doing much
-I don't care about/for Georgia. Note: I don't hate her, I just am not personally interested.
-I wasn't amazed by Ash's final battle against Paul. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Paul used his Lake team. :/
-I liked Thunder Armor~

I think that's about it lol.

Last edited:
In my opinion:
Tobias isn't that bad and I like most of the League/Festival rivals.
BW TR is awesome.
BW is a good season and doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
Trip is a great character.
Iris is a great character.

Dragonite is the most intresting pokemon on the Bw cast..
Wait people dislike it? I actually do agree with you here. Here I go

To me:
-Pokemon is and always has been a low quality show that's just here as a 30 minute commercial. The only good part about it is watching the Pokemon battles and see Pokemon act as if they were really living
-Diamond and Pearl is the best saga.
-I liked the year gap between gyms. I've never really cared for Ash's gym battles that much, plus most of it isn't filler actually (it's mainly contests, the Johto fiesta, the twinleaf festival and Team Galactic)
-The Kanto saga is terrible. Slapstick humour sucks, and that's all it was. Annoying humour. Seriously, I didn't even like it when I was a kid. I only got into the show when I was around 11 when AG premiered.
-Jessie and James' personalities were always annoying. They're more interesting as robots because robots are cool and badass.
-One of the best Pokemon movies if not the best is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Only The Power of One beats it and that's barely.
-Cameron is hilarious.

There. That's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
- Oshawott is nice and I like it.
- Snivy deserves way more screentime and developement, in my opinion.
- Snivy is my favorite of Ash's starter and Ash's Pokémon, and Pignite is my worst, even if I like it actually.
- I don't wanna see Palpitoad and Krookodile in Ash's party again, I just hate them.
- Tobias was cool, but he wasn't the best, in my opinion.
- I would prefer Contests to come back.
- Iris is so cool, but I would like to see May again.
- Iris should have a team of 6, and not with only dragons, in my opinion. I would hate that.
- I just hated Paul. If he comes back, I'll dislike it.

Last edited:

Ninfia

Fairy type
Imma just pick out some opinions like berries off a tree. I agree with the following...

-Palpitoad is one of Ash powerhouses, adding him to Ash's team was a good choice
-Pignite is my fav starter on Ash's Team
-Stunfisk deserves way more screentime
-Woobat and Yamask are awesome and deserve more screentime
-Frillish and Amoonguss are probably Team Rocket's strongest pokemon yet
-Contests were one of the best things to happen to the Animé
-AG is the best Pokemon series.(Not sure if this is popular on here.)
-May was much better written than Dawn
-Pignite might have gotten a slew of wins but I still really like the guy, he's better than Gloryhogape
-May had the best group of rivals in the whole show.
-Dawn had the worst group of rivals in the whole show.
-I like Dento's scleraless eyes better than him having eye whites
-I found Dawn boring and liked May's Contest plot better
BW TR is awesome.
Iris is a great character.

BW is a good season and doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
Is it really unpopular or something?

p96822

Evolve me please
In my opinion:
Iris is the best charater in Best Wishes
May had the best charater develoment
Dawn was the best girl Ash travil with
Oshawott was more intertaining then Piplup
Dragonite is a Tsundare to Iris
Ash is better in BW then DP

Imma just pick out some opinions like berries off a tree. I agree with the following...

Is it really unpopular or something?

Everything I personally listed is unpopular among Serebii and Bulbagarden. A lot of the older fans don't seem to like them. I am basing it on what I have seen and heard. I am sure the kids like what I listed though.

Ninfia

Fairy type
Everything I personally listed is unpopular among Serebii and Bulbagarden. A lot of the older fans don't seem to like them. I am basing it on what I have seen and heard. I am sure the kids like what I listed though.
Huh, I never really noticed this. Weird.

diakyu

You and me both.

Anyways, in my opinion:
- The entire Sinnoh saga is a train-wreck from Dawn all the way to the league. It really irked me that sometimes you couldn't tell if Ash was the main character or not. And Dawn was very boring.
- I'm okay with Ash not using some of his team members that often.
- Cameron was one of the best league trainers the show has gotten.
- BW Team Rocket is very good.
- I freaking love Oshawott. It helps that he's very cute.
- BW doesn't deserve some of the hate it gets. Second best saga honestly.
- BW Ash is better character-wise than DP Ash.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

IF THIS IS GOING TO STAY OPEN, READ WHAT IS WRITTEN:

I would ask to at the very least clarify your opinions(Despite this being a thread targeted towards stating your opinion, you should still actually form one). Saying "*Enter Pokemon/Character/Series here* is (the) best/worse/boring" isn't clear enough and can easily be misunderstood, especially if it's more negative. Use words and phrases such as "I", "To me", "In my opinion", and others that would express an opinion clearly(If you're going to make a list then you can just state it's your opinion at the start or end). Also, avoid words like "suck", "horrible", and other words of the like, even if you make it clear you're stating an opinion, it should still be respectful and using these words aren't going to be very respectful even in an opinion, a better alternative for negative opinions would be "I don't like *Enter Pokemon here*", it's clear and isn't insulting anyone(characters or other fans).

Also, explaining your opinion(s)(Or at least some of them if you're posting multiple opinions in a post) would be best. We don't need posts like "I like *Enter Pokemon here*", the way it's written is fine, however, it's too short and can be seen as a means to up your post count, especially if you keep doing it in the thread. This would also serve as a means to show you're not trying to bash a Pokemon or character, because saying a Pokemon should be released can easily be misunderstood for "This Pokemon sucks and should get off the show".

Make your own opinion, don't just agree with a bunch of others unless you can explain your reasoning for the opinion. Again, this can been seen as trying to up your post count, especially if you do it often in the thread.

And it's best to just avoid banned topics(http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-POSTING*-Jan-24-2013&p=14174127#post14174127) while it may be more targeted towards threads, the same effect would apply to posts in a thread.

Try your best to follow this all, we don't need threads to turn into huge debates over a difference in opinions, and we don't need threads trying to mask bashing/hate. If things get out of hand, this thread will be closed, and punishments will be given out to those responsible. I'm going to edit the posts; before I posted, to meet the standards I went over.

Status
Not open for further replies.