• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Unless an everstone is involved or a trade/unavailable item is needed there is no valid reason for not evolving.-self explanatory

May did not impress me too much. Too much luck and random DEMs. Plus the x doesn't like y until x goes on a journey that brings x into contact with y is just as overdone as a girly girl.

I thought Brock should have left with misty to really prove that it was the end of an era.

Ash should have not dumped Heracross with oak so early.-He should have just dumped bulbasaur.

I didn't get the impression that the BF were any more challenging than your average final gym with the exception of legendaries.

Ash vs Cameron was a good way for him to lose the league in BW.

Zoey was a Mary Sue.-Did she ever lose the the MC?

Cilan is secretly a member of the dark triad.

I think all teams need to follow the diamond and pearl style with evolutions. The more the merrier.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Oh, I misundertanded. I'll explain my points !

- Oshawott is nice and I like it.
I think this is 50/50. I can't tell if more people like it or not, but I saw a lot of people saying that they disliked this otter. I don't know why, but I really like him.
- Snivy deserves way more screentime and developement.
This one isn't very unpopular, but I'm sure some people still think that we should let the place to Scraggy or Palpitoad than Snivy. For the rest, all is said in the sentence.
- Snivy is my favorite of Ash's Unova Pokémon (excluding Pikachu).
I'm sure Snivy isn't the favorite to everyone. Maybe Krookodile, Palpitoad and Pignite go over her, but I'm still not alone.
- I don't like Palpitoad and Krookodile, I just hate them.
The sentence said all. They are taking place for absolutely nothing. They are more than useless and they take some screentimes over the others.
- Tobias was cool, but he wasn't the best.
I liked Tobias, he was okay. Seems to me that a lot of people disliked him because of his trolling battle and Pokémon. I'm still impressed of what he've done.
- I would prefer Contests to come back.
Some people say yes, other no. A lot of them, perhaps, dislike the fact of a return, because we got two series in a row.
- Iris is so cool, but I would like to see May again.
Some poeple dislike Iris for an unknow reason, and other will dislike the fact of May's return. It's a combination of two facts that are each 50/50 to me.
- Cilan should have never caught Stunfisk.
Yeah, I know. Mostly of you like Stunfisk but again, it's like Krookodile and Palpitoad. Useless, and Cilan caught it for nothing, but nothing at all. It was a nowhere capture !
- Iris should have a team of 6, and not with only dragons. I would hate that.
It's like saying that Iris should keep Emolga. People want Iris to get Dragons. I don't want that. It's not because she's supposed to work on her dream of being a Dragon Master that she cannot have other types.
- I just hated Paul. If he comes back, I'll dislike it.
Lots of you loved Paul as a rival. I just hated it, it's enough as an explanation...

Last edited:
In my opinion:
Tobias isn't that bad and I like most of the League/Festival rivals.
BW TR is awesome.
BW is a good season and doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
Trip is a great character.
Iris is a great character.

I'll go into more reasoning behind my opinions.

When it comes to the League/Grand Festival rivals, I don't mind them as much because Ash, May and Dawn were never going to win any of their Leagues or Grand Festivals. Someone was going to beat them and having older, experienced League/Grand Festivals rivals come in and beat them doesn't really matter to me. Most of them had great battles, good backstories, cool Pokémon and were nice characters. Tobias' mysterious presence really added to his character. When a main character wins like Zoey, yes, it is very satisfying in my opinion and they should do that more often but I don't mind the route they took.

When it comes to BW TR, I feel like they are great characters. They actually give us a threat, they are not emotionless robots like people seem to think and I really like this competence and no funny business attitude that I really feel has elevated the Team Rocket organization to a whole other level. I look at that Team Rocket and I feel threatened which is not something I could say about them in AG or DP. There are also great new characters introduced such as Dr.Zager and Pierce.

Best Wishes is a good season that I feel people hate on because of Ash's regression but I think it has a lot going for it. The rivals are all unique and while not all are brilliant, they do have their moments. The tournaments are fun and give great rival interactions and battles. Like I said, BW TR is great. The fillers are fun and enjoyable. The animation is great.

Trip is a great character who I feel doesn't get enough credit. He got a good backstory, good development, his personality is great. I really like this character.

Iris also has a great personality and has had great development and great episodes that really explored her as a character.

Ninfia

Fairy type
I get the impression that a lot of people don't like Zoey. But whenever I watched DP, I found myself liking her. In my opinion, she had really cool Pokemon and her character design was pretty funky. I found her weird in a good way.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I love Oshawott and Palpitoad
I love how Ash and Cilan both got a pokemon in one episode.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
A unpopular opinion thread? Well I will fit right in here. My unpopular opinions are kinda obvious though.

1: I want all old characters gone by the time XY anime airs. In my opinion I think it's time. Pokemon just repeats itself over and over again, they should take a chance an really reboot it with a new cast with new stories and a new history to breath actual new fresh air into the show. Even if 100% new characters fail they still have the games to fall back on and save themselves. That's just my opinion and it's highly unpopular.
2: After rewatching AG and DP I can finally say without a doubt I enjoyed Dawn's contest run more then May's. I use to find them equal due to their flaws and junk but really watching the two, I enjoyed Dawn's more simply because the writers actually made Dawn a rookie that loses and was never anything special compared to May. I enjoyed it more. Still love May though.
3: I also like Zoey, one of the most unpopular rivals in the show. She wasn't wonderful but she entertained me more then Drew. Another highly unpopular opinion.
4: I'm not a fan of Ash getting all three starters. I loved it in Kanto but beyond that...please no. This is not that unpopular though.
5: I liked that Ash didn't have a rival in AG. Really it made him look so much better/wiser without a rival constantly making him look like a whiny child.
6: I support character replacing. True I wish we had a Chronciles series for old characters to have a home so it would please their fans but the writers don't care that much for old fans.
7: I wasn't found of DP Ash and his Sinnoh team that much. Only like Gliscor, and few others really impressed me. Many say this was the best Ash and his best team. IMO both were in AG.

That's pretty much it for now. I have more but cannot think of any of them at the moment.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Johto and Best Wishes are my two least favorite arcs, honestly.

However that's not to say I dislike everything about them, I like the highlights of both, but they're not as entertaining as the other sagas to me.

p96822

Evolve me please
I like Pokemon Best Wishes highly because of its charaters, rivals besides Trip and Virgel, the Pokemon themselves and team rocket

RVD_fan

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I cannot stand Sarah Natochenny's voice acting. I've seen in interviews that she's a perfectly nice woman, I just find her delivery makes Ash come across as obnoxious and almost gives him Jaden Yuki syndrome.

Also, I found Trip to be the most enjoyable character in Best Wishes, mostly because he was the only one to get a consistent, logical character arc.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
-I actually really enjoy the entire Pokemon Series as a whole and think people pick way too much at little things that don't really make the show "bad"
-I like when ash doesn't get the 3 regional starters. it makes his team a bit too predicable since he gets the regional generic bird, and then 3 starters leaving his team open to 1 "wildcard" (unless they take the BW route, which hasn't been done before)

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I love Iris pokes Axew,Excadrill and Emonga but hate how they 've got neglected.

I miss contests and an active main girl character.

I love hate Oshawott,he desperaetly needs to evolve.

DP was the best anime series despite the trooling finish Ash and Dawn got.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Personally I think Boldore is an amazing cast member because of Ash's team simply due to how good he was when he was a Roggenrola and I hope he continues to strive in the upcoming episodes. Palpitoad is severely underatted, while he may have the least screen time, at the same time he is probably tied with Krookodile as Ash's powerhouse. Plus his battles were all good in my opinion. And last but not least I didn't really care who is casting the characters at the moment or the past, when watching TV shows, I look for more than just voices, I search DVD development, plot, and other parts that make a TV show good.

Silicone

Poison Moth
*I love Bianca to a fault(not sure if this is unpopular tho o3o )
*I miss Jessie's Dustox and Arbok
*I thought AG was the best
*I loved contests
*May was Ash's best companion
*Max is adorable
*I loved Harley
*I hate all of Ash's bird pokemon besides Pidgeotto

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Unpopular opinions!? Herw we go!

-I feel that the League was a bad written league. This isn't a unpopular opinion. But who is a unpopular opinion is that I liked the league until Ash vs Stephan if we didn't know the crap last battle.

-I like that Ash was regressed in placement on this league (NOT the way of losing) and I don't mind being worse than Sinnoh at all.

-I'm closer to the little kids of Japan and I prefer cute pokemon as opposed of evolved pokemon completely. I prefer Oshawott in the anime as opposed of Samurott, I find Eevee too cute, etc.

-I don't mind having too unevolved pokemon on the main cast at all if it's for merchandise reasons. However, if they aren't evolving, they act like it had evolved in serious battles (and I don't see that in the most part).

-I completely prefer DP TRio as opposed to BW TRio. I salso slightly like BW TRio but I find them very boring.

-I hate the "secret" hints of that the episodes TR vs TP are airing one day when it isn't happening. Also, I hate saying that the BW series was hurt because those episodes becaused i feel that those people donp't know about what delayed those episodes.

-Zoey was one of the best rivals that the show has ever had. And I like a mentor as one of the rivals of a character.

-I liked all of BW rivals except Cameron, and that's because of the crap battle VS Ash.

-I liked the Tournaments. Specially the chemistry between the characters on those.

-My best chemistry is Ash vs Dawn and not Ash vs Misty.

-Edite to to not misunderstnad things: I hate the opinions where they put something from another canon to justify that the anime was horrible. I hate comparison between that B2W2 trailer and the Pokemon anime. Although I will like a mini-series targetted to the older part of the game target audience, I hate any comparison with the main anime, specially those depective comparison between the two.

-And I would have liked that the BW Quartet (yes, the same as the first episode of Season 2 would turn out to be permanent if Ash would have only got six badges by then. I know that Dawn's team would be Piplup, Buneary? and Pokemon A, B, ... The reason of this that I liked Contests, I missed them, I like Dawn too much, etc. And I would have liked the possibilities of a Trainer Coordinator (mainly Bianca), and contest where Dragon Masters Coordinators and Connoseiur Coordinator appears with Georgia and Burgundy taking part in it.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
In my opinion, I didn't like that Charmeleon evolved into Charizard. Charmeleon is flatout my favorite pokemon, so getting to see it only so few episodes on Ash's team was very disappointing, while Charizard gets all the love in the world, while I find it's design, less..

I'm pretty sure that's a highly unpopular opinion.

Also, I cried during Russell Crowe's Robin Hood... It was just that manly and bro'ish.. I kinda think I may have been the only dude in the world to have shed tears at that one.. :p

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
marioluigifan05's unpopular opinions (REVISED):

There's nothing special about Palpitoad, at least in my opinion.
I don't think Ash's outfit needed to change. Nothing was wrong with the old one to me.
Sewaddle (not Swadloon or Leavanny) is Ash's best BW Pokemon.
Cilan is not that great, he's basically Ruby (from Pokemon Adventures), but more flanderized. Tracey, and even AG/DP Brock > him. He's not awful, though, just not my cup of tea.
May is not the best female companion, though I can see why others would think so.
Infernape and Dawn are a bit whiny, though I suppose they're not the whiniest ones of all time.
I don't like the idea of "fresh start" (by that, I mean Ash oaking all his other Pokemon). I just find it weird that he assembles a team, and then dumps them at the end of a region. It might not bother me as much, if he didn't get attacked by Team Rocket (even after that, he doesn't learn). I hope he doesn't do the same for XY.
Not so much unpopular in other sites, but it is here: OS > All. Other sagas are just as good, just not in my opinion.
Although I like Ash's old traveling companions, bringing them back will not automatically make this show good (though it would be awesome!). This show has more (and bigger) things to get out of the way first..
Paul is NOT a good rival, he's way too one-dimensional and poorly handled. He's a good trainer, though, so that more than makes up for it (not to me, personally, but to others).
Paul vs Ash (6-2) was worse than Cameron vs Ash (5-6), circumstances aside. Both of them were epic, though!
Female companions: Misty > Iris = BW2 Dawn > DP Dawn > May
Male companions: OS Brock > Tracey > AG/DP Brock > Cilan

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
In my oppinion
1. i love Bw season :) cause it so refreshing , it make me remeber some kanto moment
2. Bw ash better then Dp ash
3. i dont like Paul vs ash final battle :p if paul use his tortera and ursaring that would be cool
4. i dont like ash have torterra
5. I dont like dawn , she got bad rivalry , ash bw rivalry better then her rivalry
6. i love BW team rocket
7 I like oshawott and his personality :)
8. i dont like snivy , i prefer snivy get catch by iris or dont get CATCH AT AL
9. Bw tr is awsome
10 May > dawn for develompment and rivalry
11. i think this is really unpoppular oppinion , i like that ash stay 10 forever even i want he grown up

blob

I HATE Dawn and Clian, but I don't mind Iris.
I also didn't like DP after Ash got his 7th Badge.
I like TR in BW, because at the end of AG and throughout DP, I felt sorry for them, because Giovanni didn't even know who they were.
I like Unfezant. Why does it get so much hate? It's not her fault she doesn't get used!

In my opinion:
May had the best charater develoment
Oshawott was more intertaining then Piplup

Completely agree!

Last edited:

Squirtle_007

In my opinion:
- I think BW season is better than DP season: In BW, writers are actually thinking outside the box and trying new plots apart from "TR-is-always-the-cause-or-solution-of-all-the-problems", DP was only an AG bad redux.
- May, Iris and Cilan are Ash´s best companions: May evolved from being a spoiled little princess to an experienced coordinator, many people could think that she getting through all the appeal rounds was cheap, but May always showed to be a very creative girl, Iris shows that you don´t need to come across with Ash to start your journey or becoming an experienced trainer, Cilan is not repetitive, is more active and conserves his dignity, and most important, he actually BATTLES and supports his knowledge in the battlefield.
- Gary > Trip > Paul: Gary will always be THE rival, even if he only had 2 battles against Ash, he knew how to push his buttons and make him react like a normal person would, Trip has an interesting back story, Paul was just a rival.
- Cilan > Tracey > Brock: I exposed my opinion about Cilan above, but I think Tracey was more interesting and useful than Brock using his Pokémon abilities to benefit the gang without the need of a battle, Brock overstayed his welcome after Clefairy and the Moon Stone.
- Ash should have left after Orange Islands: The more episodes he gets, the more screwed he gets, writers don´t know what to do with him anymore.
- Misty has the best team (except Togepi): I was kinda surprised when I read complains about the lack of variety in Misty´s team but come on, she wants to be a Water Master, it was just logical she had a mostly Water-type team, and the detail of having both Staryu and Starmie was really cool, but I would prefer a Marill hatched from the egg instead of Togepi.
- May has the best rivals and character development: Drew and Harley were far more interesting than Kenny and Zoey, Ursula just came in too late.
- Wobbufet - Lickitung trade was a mistake: In a point where Team Rocket were becoming an annoying pest, the least thing they needed was having another mascot apart of Meowth, and Lickitung single handled even Pikachu in that princess thing.
- Hoenn League > Unova League > Sinnoh League: In Hoenn League, all the Pokémon had an equal distribution and it wasn´t filled of big overused powerhouses, Unova League had all that excellent characters interaction that has been characteristic of the Best Wishes season with all the potential contenders watching each other matches.
- Ash´s Hoenn team is his best team: People overrates Ash´s Sinnoh team just because all the evolutions, but Hoenn team was balanced and all had an adequate development.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
My Opinions
-I wouldn't mind if Brock stayed for BW
I liked Brock again after watching a few DP episodes. No matter how "boring" he may seem. I actually liked his presence overall and I wouldn't mind if he had stayed for BW.
-Piplup was one of the best thing that happened in DP
I love Piplup with a passion. For me, Piplup made many episodes interesting. I also love how cute, marketable Pokemon like Piplup was handed to Dawn rather than Ash so that Ash could actually evolve his team :p
-I didn't feel that DP was "too long"
Mainly because I love the cast and Piplup :3
-Zoey was a good rival
No, she's not "bland" and Mary-sue. To me, Ash should have a Zoey-esque rival rather than the cliche cocky, arrogant rival that has been overused.
-DP TR > BW TR
No exactly an unpopular opinion, but yeah, people have been calling DP TR nasty stuff. I actually like their comedy over the serious one. I mean, being comedic gives entrance into movies. I was disappointed when TR only made a cameo in the Keldeo movie... without even shwoing their faces...

Status
Not open for further replies.