• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions you have about the anime(READ THE FIRST POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I think one of the main characters should own a Milotic, just 'cause

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pokemon? Emotional?

Please tell me you're joking. Pokemon has the emotional range of a teaspoon. It's the same overdone stuff in any other run of the mill anime.

If you're talking mid-AG and beyond, yes.
Otherwise I disagree.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Otherwise I disagree.

I think emotion still runs in Pokemon, though it just varies from time to time. And I'm just gonna throw in some episodes that I think are pretty emotional during DP (can't remember much of AG): Well, a few here. "Crossing Path" and 'Once there were greenfields'. Then there were 'Stopped in the name of love' (which happens to get flamed a lot because Piplup didn't want to evolve, honestly, who actually thought Piplup was evolving ._.), and of course, Dawn's second contest loss, 'Team Shocker'. I fine 'To Thine Own Pokemon Be True' also a kind-of emotional episode. 'Uncrushing Defeat' was also, IMO a pretty good one. I think 'Piplup, Up and Away' is a seemingly hilarious and emotional episode. Finally, we have..

Memories are made of bliss! Of course

And also something many people need to do with DP fillers.

Yes agreed.

Otherwise I disagree.

Yeah, pretty much.

I think emotion still runs in Pokemon, though it just varies from time to time. And I'm just gonna throw in some episodes that I think are pretty emotional during DP (can't remember much of AG): Well, a few here. "Crossing Path" and 'Once there were greenfields'. Then there were 'Stopped in the name of love' (which happens to get flamed a lot because Piplup didn't want to evolve, honestly, who actually thought Piplup was evolving ._.), and of course, Dawn's second contest loss, 'Team Shocker'. I fine 'To Thine Own Pokemon Be True' also a kind-of emotional episode. 'Uncrushing Defeat' was also, IMO a pretty good one. I think 'Piplup, Up and Away' is a seemingly hilarious and emotional episode. Finally, we have..

Memories are made of bliss! Of course

Yes agreed.

Emotional moments...I mean BW, actually.

Last edited:
To add: I liked the DP contests. Ever since someone showed me.
Rephrase: I liked Team Rocket doing contests. (except for AG)

Last edited:
Liking anything DP is unpopular in this thread apparently.

I thought almost everyone likes DP. I'm the oddball in that I don't really like it that much. Some parts I ADORE (like Paul v. Ash, first 3 eps of it, Sinnoh League excluding Trollbias *wink*, Dawn's contests other than the Grand Festival), but others I just hate about it.

Last edited:
Liking anything DP is unpopular in this thread apparently.

The reason why I said contests were because I've seen more complaining about them than anything. That's why I thought it was "unpopular". Especially when it's TR contests I'm talking about.

But if I am wrong, I apologize.

Are you sure you're not mixing BW and DP up? I thought DP was the fan favorite season on here.

Yeah, I always thought it was too. XD.

I actually like BW1 and Episode N more than DP. BW2, I hate though. I think it's worse than DP, as was BF when I think about it. UGH.

Nope from what I gather more people like AG/Kanto.

That's pretty much me. I also like OI, Johto Journeys, and Master Quest *prepares filler-defense shield from Johto haters.*

Last edited:
The reason why I said contests were because I've seen more complaining about them than anything. That's why I thought it was "unpopular". Especially when it's TR contests I'm talking about.

But if I am wrong, I apologize.

People usually love May and Dawn's contests arc. I know I did. Usually, Dawn's contests are said to be technically better when it comes to battles and techniques and people love May for the rivals.

People usually love May and Dawn's contests arc. I know I did. Usually, Dawn's contests are said to be technically better when it comes to battles and techniques and people love May for the rivals.

I liked the DP contests better because they actually dressed up and it was more fancy and fun. But yeah, I rephrased my sentence a bit.

I think this would be considered an unpopular opinion. I actually really enjoyed the Kanto League. I mean did it have its problems? Yeah. But it still had as may good moments. The battles for the most part were cool to watch.

LizardonX

Banned
I think this would be considered an unpopular opinion. I actually really enjoyed the Kanto League. I mean did it have its problems? Yeah. But it still had as may good moments. The battles for the most part were cool to watch.

You have a point. It's similar to why I despise hoenn league. I have to watch the same handful of Pokemon fight with no variety at all and it looked like ash pumped all of them especially swallow with pokeroids. I also hated Morrison's voice.

You have a point. It's similar to why I despise hoenn league. I have to watch the same handful of Pokemon fight with no variety at all and it looked like ash pumped all of them especially swallow with pokeroids. I also hated Morrison's voice.

Morrison sounded like King Kai in FUNi DBZ- not a pretty site, but funny. I also hated Jump's voice. It's ironic because Sean Schemmel and Maddie Blaustein are two of my favorite VAs, but they did a terrible job with those chars. XD.

The Hoenn League was only better than the Unova League in my opinion which is probably another popular opinion since people usually find Hoenn to be the best. I felt like nothing really epic happened in it that made it stand up to the other Leagues. Kanto was the first League, Johto had Ash vs Gary and Sinnoh had Ash vs Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.