• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-Pikachu

They wasted most his individual screen time on 'Pancham vs Chespin' moments that didn't really go anywhere. If anything they looked like padding episodes because they couldn't think of anything else to do with him.

Pancham was conducive for Serena's success by providing her with greater flexibility has a pokemon performer and ended up having many shared interactions with Braixen. Even without it, Pancham had plenty of screen time honestly.

p96822 said:
Unpopular opinion I think Ash's Froakie could have use in Korrina's gym battle over Pikachu.

Sure, if you relish on Froakie losing. It wouldn't have worked anyways given that only Pikachu was competitive with Lucario and it was quite fitting for Ash's most admirable companion to score a win against Ash's first Mega Evolution opponent.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
They didnt add them because of fan demand, what sect of this fandom was asking for more Lucario? Especially after the Cameron disaster?
Well tbh with you, I was always under the impression that Lucario was a fan favorite. I mean it finished really high in that Poll back in May or June I think, where over half a million Japanese Pokémon fans voted.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with you. That was my opinion and make what you want of it, I'm done.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Unpopular opinion: Ash isn't as oblivious to romance as some believe. He's just a guy who isn't interested in it and don't "get" the hints.
True.

Although after thinking it over a bit, I don't think I mind too much Koko taking interest in Ash, given it's description.

If the other three take the same interest...ew.
Well on the bright side, Ash isn't the only one with a Z Ring so we have good ol' Kiawe, a Trainer who had it way longer and trained harder at achieving it to help out. Going form the last poster we had, I'll assume that the other classmates will lend their strength to the cause alongside Tapu Koko.

It is, but more so among little kids than among older fans IMO. Hence why 99.9% fans here aren't fond of Lucario.
Older fans don't like Lucario?! That's news to me. o_O People still want Ash to get a Lucario since the 8th movie and unleash his aura.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
It is, but more so among little kids than among older fans IMO. Hence why 99.9% fans here aren't fond of Lucario.

I think it's less older fans and more just overexposure that gets them irritated at him. Charizard and Pikachu also get it and Greninja has recently got it for the Ash-Greninja thing.

DatsRight

I think it's less older fans and more just overexposure that gets them irritated at him. Charizard and Pikachu also get it and Greninja has recently got it for the Ash-Greninja thing.

For some reason, Pikachu doesn't wear on me as much as he did initially. I actually kinda like him as the main star now.

Cat's Eye Draco

Unpopular opinion: Ash isn't as oblivious to romance as some believe. He's just a guy who isn't interested in it and don't "get" the hints.

Eh, I think it's kind of a mixture of both (and what 10-year-old boy isn't?). He's just not romantically wired, by which I mean he's not the type of person who looks at the world around him, sees one ant give another a crumb, and immediately thinks, "Oh, that's cute! They should be together!" It's just not the way he is.

satopi

Eh, I think it's kind of a mixture of both (and what 10-year-old boy isn't?). He's just not romantically wired, by which I mean he's not the type of person who looks at the world around him, sees one ant give another a crumb, and immediately thinks, "Oh, that's cute! They should be together!" It's just not the way he is.
Right, that's true. I do like it on how Pikachu understands romance but doesn't have any interest in it.

Ash-Pikachu

Ash seemed rather clueless and went with the flow of things when he danced with Miette.

It is interesting how Pikachu has keen insight on love relative to Ash, but it's not too jarring considering Cynthia treated pokemon as people.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Under plot-powered evolutionary power burst, Noivern landed one hit against a wild, young Zapdos in an advantageous environment. That's not equal to winning. Talonflame did something similar against Moltres, and was promptly sent careening into a volcano. Charizard straight up defeated one under the command of a Frontier Brain. With how powerful legendaries are depicted in this show, that is an achievement.
From where you're getting the idea that the Zapdos was a baby one? Noivern sent Zapdos crashing onto the cliff and Zapdos was falling down the cliff into the deep chasm and most probably would have fallen down if TR didn't capture it instantly. Zapdos repeatedly tried to land a hit on Noivern but failed. The fact that Noivern troubled Zapdos so much shows that it was nowhere near E4 level. Can Noivern land a hit on a E4 level Pokemon? No. The Legendary Birds has been portrayed as the weakest Legendaries ever in the anime. You are acting like as if the legendary birds are as powerful as Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Charizard's feat was a good feat, but it wasn't as good as defeating an E4 level Pokemon.

How was it "brilliant, brilliant"? Where did that "2 in 1" go above and beyond say, the bond between Alain and a standard Mega evolution in his Charizard?

The Ash-Greninja transformation reflected the aspect that how strong a bond Ash shares with his Pokemon. They mastered the form going through lots of trials and errors, which gave both of them immense character development. They were synched in body and mind, literally 2 in 1. Shared each other's vision and pain, each other's senses. They might have failed to defeat a God like OP MC-X, so what? Their overall performance in battles has been more than good enough. There power of sharing each other's senses helped to locate Chespie in the Megalith Zygarde. How would have been Chespie rescued without Ash-Greninja's special power of sensing its location? Ash-Greninja played a massive part in stopping the Megalith Zygarde and thus, in saving the world. Even now, Zygarde is needing Ash-Greninja's help to destroy the vines, because Ash-Greninja can sense the vines. Overall, Ash-Greninja has played a very significant part in Ash's battles+saving Kalos. It was a brilliant concept overall.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

This, but I also see Ash as somewhat oblivious when it comes to romantic feelings directed toward him. That's why he just went with the flow when Miette asked him to be her dance partner, and why he never seemed to pick up on Serena's crush until she made it really obvious (you all know which scene I'm talking about).

There power of sharing each other's senses helped to locate Chespie in the Megalith Zygarde. How would have been Chespie rescued without Ash-Greninja's special power of sensing its location? Ash-Greninja played a massive part in stopping the Megalith Zygarde and thus, in saving the world. Even now, Zygarde is needing Ash-Greninja's help to destroy the vines, because Ash-Greninja can sense the vines. Overall, Ash-Greninja has played a very significant part in Ash's battles+saving Kalos. It was a brilliant concept overall.

I thought it was heavily implied (if not indirectly confirmed) that Greninja's ability to locate Chespie within the Megalith Zygarde was due to its ability to sense the negative energy emitted by...whatever Lysandre did to Z2. It's an ability Greninja itself has, but it's never been stated to be related to the Bond Phenomenon. The Bond Phenomenon just allows Greninja to share what it's seeing with Ash.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I thought it was heavily implied (if not indirectly confirmed) that Greninja's ability to locate Chespie within the Megalith Zygarde was due to its ability to sense the negative energy emitted by...whatever Lysandre did to Z2. It's an ability Greninja itself has, but it's never been stated to be related to the Bond Phenomenon. The Bond Phenomenon just allows Greninja to share what it's seeing with Ash.
Greninja can only sense the vines/the remaining parts of the Megalith Zygarde only as Ash-Greninja not as Greninja. It could sense Chespie location most probably because of the same reason. So yes, the special ability of sensing the Megalith Zygarde, I think, is definitely related to bond phenomenon. Greninja can only do that as Ash-Greninja.

satopi

I'd rather have Ash's Greninja stuck in Ash Greninja form no longer being able to go back to its base form due to a BS reason which also allowed Ash to not feel any pain. How will Greninja be able to keep its form long distanced from the only one who can transform with it and for a long period of time? Zygarde's power?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'd rather have Ash's Greninja stuck in Ash Greninja form no longer being able to go back to its base form due to a BS reason which also allowed Ash to not feel any pain. How will Greninja be able to keep its form long distanced from the only one who can transform with it and for a long period of time? Zygarde's power?

Did you even watch XY&Z047? Greninja was shown in its normal form in that episode, destroying the vines. It can probably switch between its normal and Ash-Greninja form.

Last edited:
Greninja can only sense the vines/the remaining parts of the Megalith Zygarde only as Ash-Greninja not as Greninja. It could sense Chespie location most probably because of the same reason. So yes, the special ability of sensing the Megalith Zygarde, I think, is definitely related to bond phenomenon. Greninja can only do that as Ash-Greninja.

Did you even watch XY047? Greninja was shown in its normal form in that episode, destroying the vines. It can probably switch between its normal and Ash-Greninja form.

A) then why isn't Ash just cringing in pain randomly in Alola?

B) who keeps making this an Ash-Greninja discussion?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
A) then why isn't Ash just cringing in pain randomly in Alola?
This anime hardly ever follows logic. And Greninja isn't battling someone, just destroying the vines. Why should it get hurt.
B) who keeps making this an Ash-Greninja discussion?
I only gave a response to Maldread's reply and tried to point out the right facts to satoharupika.

This anime hardly ever follows logic. And Greninja isn't battling someone, just destroying the vines. Why should it get hurt.

I only gave a response to Maldread's reply and tried to point out the right facts to satoharupika.

A) you can't say this anime is "illogical" as a reason.
B) But the form is also meant to make Ash seee what Greninja sees, so why aren't we seeing much of Ash actually doing anything like freaking out at a vine or something?
C) there is no such thing as "the right facts" in this situation. Some people interpret Ash-Greninja wayyyy differently to other people. This whole thing is just an opinion. And people are allowed to have their own opinions.
D) I'm getting tired of the Ash-Greninja discussion as it's just feeling repeated now. I'd much rather we think of something new to talk about.

Am I the only one who sometimes sees CotDs and actually prefers them to some of the major characters like Ash and his companions?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Depends which major characters lol

I'm not a fan of CoTD.

Oh here's an UO; Elesa and Roxie gym battles were my favourite :) (Elesa for showing us that Ash is at his best when he works things out on the fly, Roxie because she's punky af)

Status
Not open for further replies.