• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
The constant over-emphasis by the fanbase over who/what is strongest or who or what would win their virtual matchup scenarios, especially in this section, has become unbearable.
BW and Filler Hell Johto are far better than people give them credit for.
Iris is probably my favourite of Ash's female companions.
Ash winning or not winning the League isn't really important to me anymore.
SM's setup is one of the most unique and interesting thing the anime has done in years.
Serena is also a better character than many give her credit for though I give zero shits about Amour and Performing is still meh for me.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Charizard was plot hax'd and should have lost against Gary. What did he take steroids before the match? Charizard practically nuked Gary's entire team.

[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/e/ec/Liza_Charizard.png/200px-Liza_Charizard.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://rs360.pbsrc.com/albums/oo45/kelly73_photos/smallestviolin.gif~c200[/IMG139]

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I will mostly talk about XY(&Z),because it's the most recent completed series :D

Kanto was way too absurd for me,especially during Sabrina's arc,Porygon episode and Blaine's Magmar which was ready to throw Pikachu in the lava.
Many people hate Johto fillers but I honestly liked most of them.
I was never really a fan of AG series.I liked the continuity and Ash's improved personality and battle skills but I was bored most of the time in Hoenn.Never liked Corphish as a pokemon at all either.
I liked the way Ash lost the Sinnoh League since he showed how strong he was.I also never liked Dawn's Piplup.
In BW I never understood what was the point of Charizard's return and screwing over Unfezant.Iris despite her catch phrase had an interesting goal but it was just handled poorly.
XY(&Z) is the most overrated series ever.Ash-Greninja was the worst thing because suddenly the writers decided to give a shonen boost out of nowhere using a stupid prophesy instead of Ash having for example a very strong Protean Greninja giving it a very good moveset and instead of the prophesy they should have adapted AZ's story.I also despised the travelling companions excluding Clemont.Serena was by far for me the worst pokegirl ever(Amourshipping sucks for me) with the worst goals,Bonnie was annoying at times and Dedenne was extremely unbearable with that De-de-de-nne screaming.Alain was a good character showing his character growing through the specials and deserved the league more than Ash imo.Team Flare's arc also looked too cheesy to me and the league shouldn't have had such a treatment because of this arc.But still despite all these I enjoyed the series since it had better fillers than the other series and great battles.
I like SM so far because it gives a balance to Ash's personality(just like back in AG-DP era),where he was competent but still had a goofy personality unlike XY series.And also the different way they are handling the series I think it's a quite fresh change after 6 regions.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
- Best Wishes is a lot better than people make it out to be.

- Iris is a far more interesting and compelling character than some other female companions.

- XY is above-average at best and is generally just an average series. The excellent animation and battles of this show along with some of Serena's character development make up for the lackluster rivals/recurring characters, poor group chemistry, poorly handled competitions etc. XY&Z was probably XY at its finest due to the Flare plot finally being developed, Alain and Mairin finally being introduced into the main series and Bonnie getting a major role.

Soniman

Break the Limit
The constant over-emphasis by the fanbase over who/what is strongest or who or what would win their virtual matchup scenarios, especially in this section, has become unbearable.

I simply don't care about dream match ups because, despite what DP and XY might make you think, Pokemon isn't a shounen. Characters and Pokemon are dropped after each saga and the grand majority of them never fight again, so like what's the point? It's not like Naruto or One Piece where characters established since the early days fight throughout the story. The only characters we can judge by skill on a consistent basis are Ash and Pikachu who skill levels fluctuate wildly. Any other character or Pokemon requires a good deal of guestemating

where he was competent but still had a goofy personality unlike XY series.
The insistence on these fourms that XY Ash never made a joke or a funny face or had goofy moments or that because he's not making five funny faces a scene like SM it's automatically bad will just forever irk me I'm sorry

Last edited:
I would rather Alain won the Kalos league. Obvious one right there.
I disapproved of Ash-Greninja. I liked the form, but being this Ultra-rare thing tha tonly Ash can use is becoming an over-used trope.
I watch the anime for everyone but Ash.
Sophocles isn't all that bad.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I was actually rooting for Sawyer in the Kalos league, since he had never beaten Ash 'at his best'.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
The insistence on these fourms that XY Ash never made a joke or a funny face or had goofy moments or that because he's not making five funny faces a scene like SM it's automatically bad will just forever irk me I'm sorry

No you misunderstood what I meant.Excluding the moments of Ash's gag "science is amazing" and his mentality after he lost against Wulfric he lacked a lot of emotion imo.Especially when he lost the league he didn't even show a tiny bit of disappointment he was like "eh it's ok I lost" like he didn't care at all.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I was actually rooting for Sawyer in the Kalos league, since he had never beaten Ash 'at his best'.

He still beat Ash once. And I don't think it would have made made any for Ash to lose the first fully shown battle in the Kalos League. Ash at least deserved to win a fully shown battle in the League. Before the episodes aired, I thought Ash would curbstomp Sawyer 6-3 or 6-4.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
He still beat Ash once. And I don't think it would have made made any for Ash to lose the first fully shown battle in the Kalos League. Ash at least deserved to win a fully shown battle in the League. Before the episodes aired, I thought Ash would curbstomp Sawyer 6-3 or 6-4.

I disagree. I still think he should have been disqualified for running out of time, wasting time with Furfrou guy as opposed to his league opponent (how he got backstage is just beyond me)

snorlax512

SM Comedy. I do not find it funny one bit when Ash runs into walls repeatedly or a whole shelf of books fall on top of him. It just feels like they are trying too hard to be funny after XY, which makes it even worse.

Dawn was a good companion but overrated

Oh, and amourshipping as well. The only good thing out of it was that Serena making a fool out of herself was entertaining to watch.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I disagree. I still think he should have been disqualified for running out of time, wasting time with Furfrou guy as opposed to his league opponent (how he got backstage is just beyond me)

That Furfrou guy was pointless. Had it not been for him, we would have seen Ash sweeping Titus's team 3-0 with Ash-Greninja on-screen. He most probably did that though, it was heavily implied.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That Furfrou guy was pointless. Had it not been for him, we would have seen Ash sweeping Titus's team 3-0 with Ash-Greninja on-screen. He most probably did that though, it was heavily implied.

Well...yeah. I thought it was going to lead to something but no, can't have that for XY Ash who everyone fawned over!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well...yeah. I thought it was going to lead to something but no, can't have that for XY Ash who everyone fawned over!

What do you think it was going to lead to? I didn't quite get that.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
What do you think it was going to lead to? I didn't quite get that.

His disqualification. Furfrou guy challenges Ash, Ash wants to battle, Serena stops him because he'll be late.

Furfrou challenges again, only this time Serena isn't around and he has the battle. So he ends up being late...except not really because he's still allowed to compete.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
His disqualification. Furfrou guy challenges Ash, Ash wants to battle, Serena stops him because he'll be late.

Furfrou challenges again, only this time Serena isn't around and he has the battle. So he ends up being late...except not really because he's still allowed to compete.

That's impossible. If Ash didn't compete in the League, then the League wouldn't have been shown at all. Ash is the main character after all!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That's impossible. If Ash didn't compete in the League, then the League wouldn't have been shown at all. Ash is the main character after all!

Then they shouldn't have included Furfrou guy if it was going to amount to nothing.

But as they did, personally I would have preferred Ash watching Sawyer and Alain from the sidelines ruing his mistake of having that battle with Furfrou.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Then they shouldn't have included Furfrou guy if it was going to amount to nothing.

But as they did, personally I would have preferred Ash watching Sawyer and Alain from the sidelines ruing his mistake of having that battle with Furfrou.

They included that guy, that was a bad decision. But Ash vs Sawyer and Ash vs Alain had to happen in the League. They had been developed as Ash's rivals before the League.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Alain's MCX and A-G are overrated and 60% of Ash's Pokemon would beat A-G and MCX.

Status
Not open for further replies.