• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Ash/Kiawe is so far much better of a ship than any of the suggested Ash/Lillie or Ash/Lana ships.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash/Kiawe is so far much better of a ship than any of the suggested Ash/Lillie or Ash/Lana ships.
I know. That and Mao chan and Lillie. They both have the best relationships in the anime since. :)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I know. That and Mao chan and Lillie. They both have the best relationships in the anime since. :)

Mallow and Lillie have an unique adorable relationship together :3

Janovy

Banned
Agreed.

Mallow really seems to care about Lillie and always encourages her and worries about her.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
The "Unpopular Opinions" thread in the Anime Polls subforum should be used to discuss potentially (Unpopular) Opinions regarding the Pokemon Anime, like IMO Ash's loss to Tobias was his best one, and talk about WWE or Basketball can go under their subsequent threads in the Entertainment subforum.
Just an opinion though.

Jason3b93

- The hate Amourshipping receives in this space is because the 'haters' (in a lack of a better word) are salty because Amourshipping is canon-ish and the rest isn't.

- Ash's lost against Tobias was the best lost, even though I wish Tobias appeared earlier.

- Kalos League was a terrible league, even though the battles with Sawyer and Alain were very good. We don't see nothing other than that! Even the Kanto League were better, with Kingler and Muk gaining some spotlight.

- People are polarizing SM too much: half hate the series based on its crappy design and the other half is blind to his obvious flaw, like the Ash being reseted again...

Janovy

Banned
- The hate Amourshipping receives in this space is because the 'haters' (in a lack of a better word) are salty because Amourshipping is canon-ish and the rest isn't.
Or maybe, just maybe, the ship isn't as good as you'd like us to believe?

Amourshipping was poorly handled and no amount of one-sided crushes or kisses can rectify that. The fact remains that throughout XY, Serena's feelings toward Ash remained unrequited and that not once during XY did Ash express interest into romance or romantic interest in Serena. And let's not even get started on their poorly developed friendship, the result being that Ash and Serena shared maybe two or three meaningful scenes as friends, the rest of it being the generic words of support and Serena blushing from the sidelines whenever Ash did something cool.

I think it's a bit close-minded to think 'these people hate Amour because they are just jealous!'

No, it is simply not that good. I'm not jealous, I just find it to be a poorly-written "romance".

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Or maybe, just maybe, the ship isn't as good as you'd like us to believe?

Amourshipping was poorly handled and no amount of one-sided crushes or kisses can rectify that. The fact remains that throughout XY, Serena's feelings toward Ash remained unrequited and that not once during XY did Ash express interest into romance or romantic interest in Serena. And let's not even get started on their poorly developed friendship, the result being that Ash and Serena shared maybe two or three meaningful scenes as friends, the rest of it being the generic words of support and Serena blushing from the sidelines whenever Ash did something cool.

I think it's a bit close-minded to think 'these people hate Amour because they are just jealous!'

No, it is simply not that good. I'm not jealous, I just find it to be a poorly-written "romance".

Not to mention it seems like most people think that's the ONLY reason for Serena's existence in the show, from both some of the amourshippers and the others that dislike her because of shipping and use that as a way to shade her.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'll take the bait. :/
Amourshipping is canon one sided by Serena. Ash has treated her and sees her as nothing but a good friend. It was not only a marketing tool but also poorly handled. I'm not salty about Amourshipping. It butchered Serena's character to me as now, most people see her as nothing but a canon love interest to Ash especially since her career goal was handled just as poorly. Amourshipping is more criticized than hated here. There are reasons why some people here don't like it.

- Kalos League was a terrible league, even though the battles with Sawyer and Alain were very good. We don't see nothing other than that! Even the Kanto League were better, with Kingler and Muk gaining some spotlight.
Kalos League was alright. Most people just hated on how rushed it was.

- People are polarizing SM too much: half hate the series based on its crappy design and the other half is blind to his obvious flaw, like the Ash being reseted again...
There's more reasons on why some people don't like SM. Hating it just because of its "crappy" design is blind hate in itself seeing that it has tons of good aspects in it. Ash isn't reset seeing that he's mastered a Z move already, holds his ground in battles, and has shown to use his head in tough situations. Nothing changed. It's not like in the first few episodes of BW where he forgot how to use a Pokeball or lost to a Lv 5 Snivy. Maybe watching the first few episodes will help in clearing your opinion on why SM sucks.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I can't believe I'm taking the bait.

As both Janovy and satoharupika both pointed out, some people's dislike of Amourshipping has nothing to do with it being canon-ish, and it's rather unfair to label all "anti-Amourshippers" as just being jealous. I, for one, happen to like Amourshipping, but I will admit that it was not handled as well as it could have been. There was too much teasing and not enough action--too much telling and not enough showing.

Ash has not been reset in SM. He is still a competent Trainer who uses strategy in battle, as evidenced by his battles so far. You can't hate the series for an element that doesn't exist. :/

Jason3b93

I'll take the bait. :/

Amourshipping is canon one sided by Serena. Ash has treated her and sees her as nothing but a good friend. It was not only a marketing tool but also poorly handled. I'm not salty about Amourshipping. It butchered Serena's character to me as now, most people see her as nothing but a canon love interest to Ash especially since her career goal was handled just as poorly. Amourshipping is more criticized than hated here. There are reasons why some people here don't like it.

They kissed. It's canon.

Kalos League was alright. Most people just hated on how rushed it was.

That's exactly what I said.

There's more reasons on why some people don't like SM. Hating it just because of its "crappy" design is blind hate in itself seeing that it has tons of good aspects in it. Ash isn't reset seeing that he's mastered a Z move already, holds his ground in battles, and has shown to use his head in tough situations. Nothing changed. It's not like in the first few episodes of BW where he forgot how to use a Pokeball or lost to a Lv 5 Snivy. Maybe watching the first few episodes will help in clearing your opinion on why SM sucks.

I don't hate SM. Dude, read my post again. I said some people blind-hated because of the design. And yes, I see that a lot, even here.
And he DID reset. He lost to team rockett even. He can't even catch a wild pokémon properly. It's not as bad as Unova, I agree. But that doesn't mean it's not there.

Jason3b93

I thought this topic was about unpopular opinions, not to argue about them. I guess the opinion can be unpopular only to a certain degree.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
LOLWut?
Then that means CocoaxGohan is canon coz they kissed, as well as SasukexNaruto following your "logic"
Oh wait they aren't

SasukexNaruto is so canon though...

Anyways I love that the school setting in SM seems to be the main setting for the entire series so far. And I like all 5 of Ash's classmates as well. Lillie is the best girl ever imo

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
SasukexNaruto is so canon though...

Anyways I love that the school setting in SM seems to be the main setting for the entire series so far. And I like all 5 of Ash's classmates as well. Lillie is the best girl ever imo

Me 2 XD I also liek how Team Rocket won , they FINALLY became a threat , I mean they got tiresome and stale in XY but SM seems to be returning them to BW competence levels (albeit more humoristic)

Janovy

Banned
They kissed. It's canon.
Small correction.

Serena kissed Ash.

Ash didn't kiss Serena.

Otherwise I could kiss a random girl on the streets and proclaim our relationship. :)

Still a one-sided attraction until proven otherwise. Have a nice day!

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Small correction.

Serena kissed Ash.

Ash didn't kiss Serena.

Otherwise I could kiss a random girl on the streets and proclaim our relationship. :)

Still a one-sided attraction until proven otherwise. Have a nice day!

Sshh don't tell the guy how relatonships work he better discover that on his own ;)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Me 2 XD I also liek how Team Rocket won , they FINALLY became a threat , I mean they got tiresome and stale in XY but SM seems to be returning them to BW competence levels (albeit more humoristic)

Everything got tiresome and stale in XY; I'm glad SM is having some major changes in how the format is set up and stuff. Heck we haven't even had one of those boring COTD/Team Rocket fillers yet.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Everything got tiresome and stale in XY; I'm glad SM is having some major changes in how the format is set up and stuff. Heck we haven't even had one of those boring COTD/Team Rocket fillers yet.

IKR glad Ash s actually struggling to win this time and not just going on a win-a-thon with eveything handed to him in a silver plate and everyoen praising him and kissing his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.