• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The Legend of Korra is way more entertaining than and dark than ATLAB
Korra didn't get as good as ATLA until season 3. And dark isn't a prerequisite for entertainment.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Korra didn't get as good as ATLA until season 3. And dark isn't a prerequisite for entertainment.
I didn’t say it was a prerequisite. Entertainment within itself is completely dependent on the person; so if a person likes dark themes.... of course it’s going to be entertaining? LOK is good to me since it tackled fascism, extremism, natural law and a bunch of other stuff that wasn’t addressed in ATLAA. Your opinion of the series being good until season three is exactly that... an opinion.

TwilightBlade

The Legend of Korra is way more entertaining than and dark than ATLAB

It was definitely darker than ATLA. I remember thinking that Amon's death was almost too edgy for a kid's show since his own brother killed him and himself and also the Red Lotus' plan to kill Korra was surprisingly dark too.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I didn’t say it was a prerequisite. Entertainment within itself is completely dependent on the person; so if a person likes dark themes.... of course it’s going to be entertaining? LOK is good to me since it tackled fascism, extremism, natural law and a bunch of other stuff that wasn’t addressed in ATLAA. Your opinion of the series being good until season three is exactly that... an opinion.
You misread my post. I said it didn't get good UNTIL season 3. The way you worded your post implied that series needed to be dark to be entertaining. And I still think ATLA's attempted genocide in the finale is darker than anything Korra did.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Idk if I said this already but who is Riverdale even for? That show is the epitome of bad writing.
Riverdale is for people who want to see the characters of Archie comics to be entangled with a murder and edgy subjects. I stopped watching after the first five episodes of the third season because it started to feel dull.

SerenaRulez

I've never liked Stranger Things. It gets a lot of praise for its 80's nostalgia but I think it's an overrated show with bad actors and Millie Bobby Brown is the worst offender

Torpoleon

Unpopular opinion: Those who claim to be intolerant and accepting of other people's views are the least tolerant and least accepting people you will ever meet (especially online).

Luthor

I've never been a fan of the term Mary-Sue. Not because it can't be accurate but I just see it so frequently used and many times it doesn't adequately describe the issues with a specific character. Criticism is fine. Disliking a character I have no problem with. But I'd rather you give specific reasons than narrow it down just a term.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
I've never been a fan of the term Mary-Sue. Not because it can't be accurate but I just see it so frequently used and many times it doesn't adequately describe the issues with a specific character. Criticism is fine. Disliking a character I have no problem with. But I'd rather you give specific reasons than narrow it down just a term.

I dislike the term as well, but only when it's used as an easy cop out criticism of a character. It can be used correctly in many occasions though, like when people criticized Bella Swan from the Twilight franchise for being a Mary Sue: anyone who has read the books or seen the movies knows that the term is completely appropriate for a character like her.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think basing toys, tv shows, and colors on gender is extremely archaic and should not even exist. Just because something is more popular with one gender doesn’t mean that it should not be enjoyed by someone of the opposite gender. Who cares if a boy plays with a doll? The doll is a toy and being used for its intended purpose. Same with many popular cartoons and tv shows. Pokémon was originally aimed mostly towards boys but girls liked the franchise too and after a couple of years the series became more gender inclusive starting with Crystal. Young Justice was cancelled and had a cliffhanger for years and the two main reasons why were because there was a large female fan base and they weren’t selling enough toys based on the series. Yeah. A really good and popular show was cancelled due to the gender of its viewers. Sailor Moon was clearly meant for little girls but you find hundreds of fanboys of the show everywhere.

Last edited:

MotostokeOnTrent

PokéJungle writer
Solo is the best Star Wars film since RotJ, though that says much more about the quality of most SW films than it does Solo.

Marvel was already tired and formulaic almost a decade ago, with the first Captain America film.

The Dark Knight Rises was deeply awful to the point of being inferior to Batman vs Superman.

The Gen 1 Pokémon designs are actually far superior to anything that has come since, and more recent designs are tainted by the 'Every Pokémon must look as though it could be your friend' ethos.

Cats was very good.

Twitter is very good.

Last edited: