1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Captain Jigglypuff, Mar 22, 2019.

1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

Korra didn't get as good as ATLA until season 3. And dark isn't a prerequisite for entertainment.

Redstar45 likes this.
  2. Sham

Sham Aang could never

I didn’t say it was a prerequisite. Entertainment within itself is completely dependent on the person; so if a person likes dark themes.... of course it’s going to be entertaining? LOK is good to me since it tackled fascism, extremism, natural law and a bunch of other stuff that wasn’t addressed in ATLAA. Your opinion of the series being good until season three is exactly that... an opinion.

AshxSatoshi likes this.
  3. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

It was definitely darker than ATLA. I remember thinking that Amon's death was almost too edgy for a kid's show since his own brother killed him and himself and also the Red Lotus' plan to kill Korra was surprisingly dark too.

DDemonRose and Sham like this.
  4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Gaganga, Keeper of the Gates Impartial

You misread my post. I said it didn't get good UNTIL season 3. The way you worded your post implied that series needed to be dark to be entertaining. And I still think ATLA's attempted genocide in the finale is darker than anything Korra did.

5. Sham

Sham Aang could never

Idk if I said this already but who is Riverdale even for? That show is the epitome of bad writing.

Prof. SALTY and Leonhart like this.
  6. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Riverdale is for people who want to see the characters of Archie comics to be entangled with a murder and edgy subjects. I stopped watching after the first five episodes of the third season because it started to feel dull.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Standby for Battle!

• Outward Prejudice
    The LGBT Community is stupid

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is overrated

Torpoleon likes this.
  8. Yikes. What exactly do you mean by this

wolf jani, Sham and mehmeh1 like this.
  9. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

There's unpopular opinions and then there's hate speech. This is the latter.

10. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Standby for Battle!

• Outward Prejudice
    I mean it's a community that is being forced down people's throats and should have never been created,same with gay pride month.I honestly don't give a damn if anyone that is reading this and get upset idgaf.It's my opinion.

Welp

This thread clearly has limits

CMButch and Torpoleon like this.
  11. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Please don't use this thread as an excuse to promote bigotry.

12. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

I've never liked Stranger Things. It gets a lot of praise for its 80's nostalgia but I think it's an overrated show with bad actors and Millie Bobby Brown is the worst offender

13. Sham

Sham Aang could never

Into the Unkown is a better song than Let it Go based purely storytelling wise.

Leonhart likes this.
  14. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

Unpopular opinion: Those who claim to be intolerant and accepting of other people's views are the least tolerant and least accepting people you will ever meet (especially online).

Ignition and Leonhart like this.
  15. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

One time, I told my coworker that redheads are the unholy familiars of Satan, and then he had the audacity to call me intolerant.

Man, what an intolerant prick.

NeedsAName and Leonhart like this.
  16. NeedsAName

NeedsAName Well-Known Member

The paradox of tolerance. If you tolerate everything, you have to tolerate intolerance.

Leonhart and AgentKallus like this.
  17. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of the term Mary-Sue. Not because it can't be accurate but I just see it so frequently used and many times it doesn't adequately describe the issues with a specific character. Criticism is fine. Disliking a character I have no problem with. But I'd rather you give specific reasons than narrow it down just a term.

Leonhart and NeedsAName like this.
  18. MetalVictini

MetalVictini Winning!

I've never understood why certain people make such a taboo around farting. It's just a natural thing our bodies do.

19. Sham

Sham Aang could never

Honestly I don’t care about the sound itself but I feel like if the smell is horrible you should excuse yourself tbh

DDemonRose, NeedsAName and Leonhart like this.
  20. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Ash's Alola team and his Alola victory are overrated.

J.Agera, Redstar45 and NeedsAName like this.