• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unpopular opinions

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I agree that it's been mishandled. I was looking through some clips of The Boondocks, and most of those videos had their comment sections turned off even though I could've sworn that I watched most of those same videos a year ago, and they had active comments then. The same applies to many The Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park videos as well. I understand if Youtube wants to block the comment sections of "kid friendly" videos, but none of the shows that I mentioned are meant to be for kids, so I don't get why their comments are blocked.
What I find bizarre is that videos with titles that are definitely not kid friendly or even uploaded names that have words kids shouldn’t say are being marked as being “kid friendly.” Ever since the site adopted COPPA in January, things have been more of a mess than ever on YouTube. The thing I don’t get is why back in early March the one Tom and Jerry clip I mentioned the uploaded dropped the f bomb in the title wasn’t considered to be for kids but two weeks ago it suddenly is!

Last edited:

keepitsimple

site of lies
if videos are being labeled incorrectly that's the uploader's doing. when you upload a video there's an option to select whether the video is geared to a child audience or not

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
if videos are being labeled incorrectly that's the uploader's doing. when you upload a video there's an option to select whether the video is geared to a child audience or not
There is a murder court video on YouTube had a word "kids" and it's ad turn off and it's comment off and i can't share or download the videos.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I actually like the Super Mario Bros. movie. As an adaptation it sucks and it's just as horrible as everyone said to death by this point, but as its own standalone thing I thought it was at least pretty decent

Edit: I just watched the scene with Koopa and Daisy for the first time in years, & now I'm starting to rethink that statement ._.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I actually like the Super Mario Bros. movie. As an adaptation it sucks and it's just as horrible as everyone said to death by this point, but as its own standalone thing I thought it was at least pretty decent

Edit: I just watched the scene with Koopa and Daisy for the first time in years, & now I'm starting to rethink that statement ._.

i know the movie was carp but its so bad that its good. i have a thing to see these B/C rated films sometimes where the budget and productions werent hollywood level.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Youtubers and Twitter users shouldn't use cartoon avatars of themselves. For the former, they look badly drawn 99%, it not, all of the time. If it were me, I'd use a stock photo of people eating at a party or a protractor instead of trying to make myself (and failing) to look good in some dumb drawing commissioned by someone. Either I use my own image of myself or resort to the aforementioned, objectively better alternatives that should be considered 100% of the time instead, not some weird middle-ground.

KingstonUponHulbury

Youtubers and Twitter users shouldn't use cartoon avatars of themselves. For the former, they look badly drawn 99%, it not, all of the time. If it were me, I'd use a stock photo of people eating at a party or a protractor instead of trying to make myself (and failing) to look good in some dumb drawing commissioned by someone. Either I use my own image of myself or resort to the aforementioned, objectively better alternatives that should be considered 100% of the time instead, not some weird middle-ground.

At the risk of launching a catapult's worth of stones from my MASSIVE glass house, it's hilarious that 'Youtuber animated avatar with arms crossed or pointing/gesturing quizzically' is such a well-established and recognisable trope. It requires a little ego to make an animated avatar in the first instance (again, palatial glass house I have here), but it's so funny that they all seem themselves as these badass/cynical 'bad cop' characters.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
At the risk of launching a catapult's worth of stones from my MASSIVE glass house, it's hilarious that 'Youtuber animated avatar with arms crossed or pointing/gesturing quizzically' is such a well-established and recognisable trope. It requires a little ego to make an animated avatar in the first instance (again, palatial glass house I have here), but it's so funny that they all seem themselves as these badass/cynical 'bad cop' characters.
Try pc youtubers that think they are normal people lol

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
I have two that immediately come to mind; obviously I have more, but these two will do for now. I don't think I need to spoiler these, but I'll do it anyways because I'd rather explain them than just list a whole bunch of unpopular opinions right off the bat.

I don't think Yui is as dumb as most of the fanbase (even some of her own fans) seems to make her out to be. I'll frequently be in fan communities concerning the show and her character will frequently be called such colorful descriptors as 'retarded', 'mentally challenged', and 'barely functioning', none of which I feel fit her. Her problem is focus; when she focuses on a task, she usually excels in it, as seen in at least two instances in the show where she receives high marks on tests. Additionally, she is good with playing guitar, so she seems to be more of an 'idiot savant' than anything.

While yes, her bouts of laziness usually stop her from focusing on something in the first place, she is most certainly shown to have the capability to succeed.

̶a̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶Y̶u̶i̶ >̶ M̶i̶o̶

I just couldn't get into it. While I greatly enjoyed Parks and Recreation and to a lesser extent Modern Family, The Office just didn't jive with me for some reason. I'm not saying it's bad, mind you; it definitely had a couple hilarious moments (That basketball episode in the first season comes to mind), but my interest gradually waned as I went on.

I guess one reason may have been that I simply found the cast of characters in shows like Parks and Recreation more interesting, but that's just me.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I know that it was already stated somewhere in this thread, but I will also agree that I really like Sakura’s character from the Naruto/Boruto series. I also like the Boruto series.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
People only have morals until their emotions are swayed to evil.
In other words their morals are not set in stone and will disappear if they are pushed enough.
I mean, people have disproven this viewpoint time and time again, sometimes literally by dying before sacrificing their morals.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I mean, people have disproven this viewpoint time and time again, sometimes literally by dying before sacrificing their morals.

I don't think it necessarily disproves it, because idk, people do change and it can obviously affect one's own moral compass. And I do believe that people can be pushed to do some pretty terrible stuff depending on circumstance.

However, I don't believe either is a universal truth. More of a matter of conviction before anything else, really.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
My unpopular opinions
Fans of DBS ( Dragon Ball Super) powerscaling/writing > Toyotaro's( not big gap)>>>>>>>> Toei's

Soccer is the worst sport in all history. It's basically 2 teams with 22 players on the big field chasing ball around for like 50 minutes+ not doing anything( trying to shoehorn some action in it). Lots of falling , yellow cards and trying to lengthen the time with some drama and only hooligans and revelers like it. Basketball >>>>>>> Soccer.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Got a couple anime-related ones:

I never really liked Mio as a character; while I usually like the shy/quiet characters, I found her too bossy/domineering for my liking (This complaint goes for Azusa as well, by extension) and her whole 'scared of everything' shtick quickly wore thin for me. It also got old how it seems like pretty much every character in the show seems totally enamored with her, to the point that it felt a bit unrealistic.

Lastly, I feel like a lot of fans tend to put Mio on a golden pedestal for nearly everything she does, yet are so quick to constantly point out the flaws of Yui and Ritsu or give Tsumugi crap for one incident (Stealing the strawberry off her cake one time). Some of the more die-hard Mio fans even downplay the accomplishments of the other characters (Especially Yui, whom they sometimes unfairly perceive as an annoying ditz who drags the club down) in favor of playing up Mio's to an obnoxious degree.

Yes, I know it's kind of unfair to hold a character's fans against them, but this kind of behavior has always bugged me and it's done no favors in affecting my opinion on her.

I never much cared for 'tsunderes'; a good majority of them have such abrasive personalities that I immediately get irritated with them even when they do have those flashes of kindness. Now, I can see why someone would enjoy them, but they just don't jive with me all that much.

Kagami Hiiragi from Lucky Star is probably the only 'tsundere' character from recent memory that I don't recall minding too much, but even then I much preferred Konata and Tsukasa as characters.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Baseball is the best and my favorite sport. I also don't really care for Soccer (Football), Basketball, or American Football that much. I also don't mind hockey.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I still get scared of getting pulled over if I turn on my interior overhead lights while driving my car (like my mom told me they would if I ever did when she was driving)

Last edited:

WalesNote

Dragon Ball as a franchise should have stopped after the manga ended. I do enjoy the video games and films, but it just seems like it's just being milked forever.

Also, more people should appreciate balloons. Cause balloons are awesome.

TwilightBlade

It's funny to me how inaccurate those cartoon avatars are too. I don't mean to sound shallow or rude but I've noticed that the fast majority of the Youtubers who use cartoon avatars aren't exactly lookers lol. So it's always kind of ironic to me that their cartoon avatars sometimes don't match their real life looks because those avatars often look better.